<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Iraq sectarian bloodshed leaves 130 dead
          (AFP)
          Updated: 2006-02-24 09:25

          Iraqi President Jalal Talabani warned that widespread rebellion could engulf his war-torn country, as sectarian bloodshed over the past two days claimed the lives of more than 130 people.


          Iraqi soldiers are reflected in a pool of blood at the site where a roadside bomb exploded in central Baquba city, northeast of Baghdad. Iraqi President Jalal Talabani warned that widespread rebellion could engulf his war-torn country, as sectarian bloodshed over the past two days claimed the lives of more than 130 people. [AFP]

          Most of those killed are believed to be Sunnis who were gunned down in a wave of retaliation attacks after the bombing Wednesday of a revered Shiite shrine, prompting fears of civil war.

          The upsurge in sectarian killings came after suspected Al-Qaeda linked militants attacked the 1,000-year-old Imam Ali al-Hadi mausoleum, one of the countries' main Shiite shrines, in Samarra, north of Baghdad.

          Spiralling violence now threatens to derail negotiations on setting up a government of national unity, with the main Sunni political party declaring a boycott of talks with the Shiite-led government to protest reprisal attacks on its community.

          The Sunni Arab National Concord Front Thursday also boycotted an emergency meeting of national leaders called by Talabani in a bid to restore calm.

          "Putting out the fire of sedition is a sacred duty and requires national unity," Talabani told reporters after the meeting.

          "The fire of sedition, when it breaks out, can burn everything in its path and spare no one," he warned.

          Mahmud Othman, a member of the Kurdish delegation who attended the meeting, said "everyone" at the meeting spoke of the risk of civil war and expressed concern that Friday prayers, when tensions run high, could trigger a new outburst of violence.

          Eighty bullet-riddled corpses were brought to the Baghdad morgue between Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning, the deputy director of the morgue, Kais Mohammed, told AFP.

          "I've only been able to carry out autopsies on 25 of them," he said, adding that all had been shot. Many of them, dumped in and around Baghdad, could not immediately be identified, but they were widely believed to be those of Sunnis.

          Another 47 men, shot to death, were discovered alongside 10 burned out cars on the outskirts of Nahrawan, southeast of Baghdad, police said. They were understood to be workers from a nearby brick factory.

          One Sunni was also killed Thursday and two wounded in a drive-by shooting outside a Sunni mosque in Baquba, northeast of the capital, and a Sunni sheikh was shot dead in Hillah, south of Baghdad, police said.

          Iraq has placed its security forces on high alert, cancelled all leave and imposed a night curfew in Baghdad that is three hours earlier than usual.

          US President George W. Bush said the shrine bombing was aimed at creating "civil strife."

          In other violence, at least 12 people were killed in a powerful roadside bomb attack in Baquba, 60 kilometers (35 miles) northeast of Baghdad. Eight were Iraqi army soldiers and four civilians, police said, adding 20 people were wounded.

          Police also reported finding the bodies of three Iraqi journalists working for Dubai-based Arabiya satellite television who were kidnapped near Samarra Wednesday evening while reporting on the shrine bombing.

          On Wednesday following the bloodless bombing of the shrine, dozens of Sunni mosques were attacked despite calls by Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani, the leading Shiite cleric, to refrain from reprisals.

          The attack on the Samarra shrine, where the Shiites buried two of their most revered imams in the 9th century AD, destroyed its dome.

          The National Concord Front, which controls 44 of the 275 seats in the newly-elected parliament, called on the government to clearly condemn violence against Sunnis and deploy troops to protect them.

          "As we await justice we will suspend participation in talks on setting up a government of national unity," the alliance said.

          Sunni Islamist militant groups, including Al-Qaeda's branch in Iraq, threatened to retaliate for the attacks on Sunni Arabs, a statement on their Internet site said.

          The Shiites are "trying to transform themselves from criminals ... into victims", it charged, warning of "forceful retaliation for acts of aggression against the Sunni community and their mosques".

          Prime Minister Ibrahim Jaafari urged Shiite and Sunni religious leaders to preach for unity and peace in their sermons on the Muslim holy day.

          "We must take advantage of Friday sermons to guide the people and speak out in favour of unity," Jaafari said.

          Iraqi Shiite cleric Moqtada Sadr also called for an end to attacks.

          "Shiite and Sunni mosques are being attacked as if we were enemies," said the firebrand cleric in a message he read by telephone on Al-Jazeera satellite channel from the holy city of Qom in Iran.

          The US military, meanwhile, Thursday announced that seven of its soldiers died on Wednesday in rebel attacks, taking the total US military deaths in Iraq since the March 2003 invasion to at least 2,290, according to Pentagon figures.



          Iraqi soldiers on guard as sectarian violence broke out
          Anti-Japanese rally in South Korea
          German army battle to halt bird flu spread
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Housing, education and jobs top urbanites' worries

           

             
           

          US plans more WTO cases against China

           

             
           

          China joins Russia in Iran diplomacy

           

             
           

          Roof collapse in Moscow kills at least 56

           

             
           

          IPR violators put on notice

           

             
           

          'Great Wall's little wall under fire

           

             
            Secret information of Japan's MSDF leaked
             
            Roof collapse in Moscow kills at least 56
             
            Delay possible on ports, Dems want probe
             
            Germany admits its spies helped US in Iraq war
             
            Pentagon told to release Gitmo transcripts
             
            46 bodies found in wave of Iraqi violence
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
          Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲国产午夜精品理论片在线播放| 亚洲春色在线视频| 老司机午夜精品视频资源| 日本五十路熟女一区二区| 精品午夜福利短视频一区| 精品福利国产| 亚洲乱理伦片在线观看中字| 在线观看无码av五月花| 久久综合给合久久狠狠狠88| 精品一区二区三区在线视频观看| 亚洲成人av在线高清| 熟女人妻aⅴ一区二区三区电影| 影音先锋女人AA鲁色资源| 九色精品在线| 乌克兰丰满女人a级毛片右手影院| 亚洲产在线精品亚洲第一站一| 亚洲18禁一区二区三区| 三上悠亚日韩精品二区| aa级国产女人毛片好多水| 好吊视频专区一区二区三区| 国产91精品丝袜美腿在线| 成人午夜在线播放| 中文国产成人精品久久不卡| 国产精品小粉嫩在线观看| 99国产精品自在自在久久| 忍着娇喘人妻被中出中文字幕 | 亚洲中文字幕无码av正片| 国产亚洲精品成人av在线| 99国精品午夜福利视频不卡99| 韩国无码AV片午夜福利| 国产乱人伦AV在线麻豆A| 丁香婷婷在线观看| 天天夜碰日日摸日日澡性色AV | 亚洲综合一区无码精品| 久久亚洲2019中文字幕| 亚洲欧美日韩色图| 国产亚洲av日韩精品熟女| 国产精品日韩av在线播放| 亚洲精品美女一区二区| 亚洲伊人久久精品影院| 妇女自拍偷自拍亚洲精品|