<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Hopes dim for lives of 65 Mexican miners
          (AP)
          Updated: 2006-02-21 10:50

          Mexican crews tunneled feverishly Monday through dirt and rock to reach 65 coal miners trapped by a gas explosion 600 feet underground. Relatives grew increasingly desperate after nightfall with no word of their loved ones.


          Relatives of miners wait, after a gas buildup in a coal mine triggered a pre-dawn explosion Monday Feb. 20, 2006 in the town of San Juan de Sabinas,Mexico 135 kilometers (85 miles) southwest of Eagle Pass, Texas trapping 65 coal miners underground with a limited supply of oxygen. [AP]

          Some of the miners' family members, who had been camped outside the pit for more than 36 hours, called through a megaphone for more information.

          "Tell us the truth!" one man shouted.

          Officials said that while prospects were dim, there was still a chance of finding survivors from Sunday morning's explosion at the Pasta de Conchos mine near the town of San Juan de Sabinas, 85 miles southwest of Eagle Pass, Texas.

          The trapped men had carried only six hours of oxygen, but officials said they believed a ventilation system that uses huge fans to pump in fresh air and suck out dangerous gases was still working. Even so, they could not be certain the precious oxygen was arriving to where the miners were trapped.

          Jesus de Leon, 50, whose 35-year old son is trapped said the wait is unbearable.

          "If the rescue workers have advanced just one more meter we need to know about it," De Leon said. "They don't tell us anything."

          Some relatives prayed with priests and pastors who joined them at the pit entrance.

          Women wept openly and swayed with their arms in the air as the religious leaders spoke, and men wiped tears from their eyes.

          "We are waiting for a miracle from God," said Norma Vitela, whose trapped husband, Jose Angel Guzman, had previously told her of problems with gas in the mine. She said the father of four, who earns $75 a week, could not afford to quit.

          Juan Rebolledo, vice president of international affairs for mine owner Grupo Mexico, said oxygen tanks were scattered throughout the site, but it was impossible to know if the trapped miners had access to any of them.

          More than 35 hours of digging had pushed rescue teams 400 yards into the mine, about 100 yards from where two conveyor belt operators were believed to be trapped, said Sergio Robles, director of emergency services for Coahuila state.

          But others were thought to be trapped as far as one to three miles from the mine's entrance.

          Robles said rescuers avoided using electric or gas-powered machinery because of the presence of explosive gases. Medical doctors were on the site to examine rescue workers as they emerged from their eight-hour shifts in the tunnels.

          At least a dozen workers who were near the entrance at the time of the explosion were able to escape. They were treated for broken bones and burns.

          Asked whether he believed there were more survivors, Robles said: "It would be difficult because of the presence of gas. But we are holding out hope of finding someone alive."

          The explosion occurred around 2:30 a.m. Sunday as the miners were in the middle of their overnight shift.

          Family members were spending a second night outside the pit, huddling near bonfires and wrapped in blankets to protect against the bitter cold. Some pitched tents, while others slept on small cots or upright in plastic chairs.

          "The only thing we want is information and all they tell us is that they don't know," said a sobbing Yadira Gallegos, whose 28-year-old brother-in-law, Jesus Martinez, was just finishing his first week at the mine.

          President Vicente Fox's chief spokesman, Ruben Aguilar, said Monday that the government "has a lot of hope that everyone will get out alive."

          Robles said the roof of the mine was better reinforced after 400 meters, giving rescuers hope that they might be able to advance more quickly. He said if there were survivors, they could very well be trying to dig their way out from the other side.

          Consuelo Aguilar, a spokeswoman for the National Miners' Union, said there had been concern over safety conditions in Grupo Mexico mines. She called for an investigation into the cause of the accident and the responsibility of company officials.

          Rebolledo said safety conditions met Mexican government requirements as well as international standards "but accidents can always happen."

          He said the union had raised no major disagreements over safety in annual meetings with the company. Mine administrator Ruben Escudero denied any company negligence, saying, "These mines can't operate if they don't meet the established minimum requirements."

          Pedro Camarillo, a federal labor official unrelated to Olivia Camarillo, said officials found nothing unusual during a routine evaluation Feb. 7.

          As well as mining coal, Grupo Mexico is the world's third-largest copper producer, with operations in Mexico, Peru, and the United States.

          Coahuila's worst modern mining disaster occurred in 1969, when more than 153 miners were killed in a pit at the village of Barroteran. In 2001, another 12 people died in an accident at a mine near Barroteran.



          Hundreds feared dead in massive Filipino mudslide
          New photos of Abu Ghraib abuse surface
          10 dead in Libya clash over Mohamad cartoon protest
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Musharraf: We'll bring killers of three Chinese to justice

           

             
           

          Bush: US on verge of energy breakthrough

           

             
           

          Nations 'benefit from China's growth'

           

             
           

          EU to impose 20% duties on shoes from China

           

             
           

          Premier guarantees change in rural areas

           

             
           

          China bans bird imports from flu-hit countries

           

             
            Iran, Russia negotiate over possible solution to nuke crisis
             
            Annan hopes UN power struggle won't derail reforms
             
            US envoy warns Iraq to unify government
             
            Search on for 65 trapped Mexican miners
             
            Hamas presents its pick for Palestinian PM
             
            Philippines rescuers hear 'signs of life'
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
          Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 视频一区视频二区视频三区 | 成人午夜天| 无人区码一码二码三码区| 国产一区二区三区精品综合| 变态另类视频一区二区三区| 亚洲精品一区二区麻豆| 亚洲AV永久无码天堂网一线| 精品一区二区三区在线观看l| 亚洲国产欧美另类va在线观看| 韩国深夜福利视频在线观看| 亚洲综合网站久久久| 国产精品一区二区黄色片| 国色天香成人一区二区| 野外做受三级视频| 开心婷婷五月激情综合社区 | 在线精品亚洲一区二区绿巨人| 国产精品粉嫩嫩在线观看| 午夜爽爽爽男女免费观看影院 | 99久久久无码国产精品免费砚床 | 绝顶丰满少妇av无码| 亚洲一区二区精品偷拍| 忘忧草在线社区www中国中文| 欧美日韩一线| 亚洲VA欧美VA国产综合| 中文字幕无码免费不卡视频| 亚洲国产天堂久久综合226114 | 中国丰满熟妇av| 国产亚洲一二三区精品| 抽搐一进一出gif免费动态| 亚洲国产日韩一区三区| 亚洲女同同性少妇熟女| 18禁国产一区二区三区| 日韩国产欧美精品在线| 成人av一区二区亚洲精| 日本深夜福利在线观看| 午夜免费啪视频| 亚洲天堂av 在线| 久久精品免视看国产成人| 少妇久久久被弄到高潮| 狠狠躁夜夜躁人人爽天天bl| 国产精品日日摸夜夜添夜夜添无码 |