<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Up to 3,000 feared dead in Philippines landslide
          (AFP/Xinhua)
          Updated: 2006-02-18 14:44

          Several relatives told the station they had received short text messages from the missing villagers as late as early Saturday, appealing for help.

          Lim said rescuers resumed their search at first light Saturday morning, having suspended efforts when darkness fell on the village more than 400 miles (675 kilometers) southeast of Manila.


          A small child is carried from a landslide on Leyte island in the eastern Philippines Friday, Feb. 17, 2006. A rain-soaked mountainside disintegrated into a torrent of mud on Friday, burying hundreds of houses and an elementary school in the eastern Philippines. Ten people were confirmed dead, and at least 1,500 were missing. [AP]
          Several hundred residents of 11 surrounding hamlets have been moved to higher ground, many of them into Saint Bernard, "for fear that more slides might occur," the civil defense office in Manila said in a statement.

          Experts say the area's geology, heavy rainfall and deforestation may all have contributed to the tragedy.

          Leyte island, which sits on a geological fault, features narrow, flat coastal areas and a mountainous interior and is prone to landslides.

          Defense Secretary Avelino Cruz said 500 millimeters (20 inches) of rain had fallen in the area since February 1, nearly five times the average for the month, due to the cyclical weather phenomenon called La Nina in the Pacific Ocean.

          More than 5,000 people were killed in a combined flood and mudslide in the Leyte city of Ormoc in November 1991.

          Southern Leyte province governor Rosette Lerias said the last census showed there were 375 houses with 3,000 people living in Guinsaugon before the landslide.

          "It was like mud running down the mountain and it covered the village in seconds," she said, quoting survivors.

          Lerias said many Guinsaugon residents had evacuated after landslides earlier in the week had killed more than 20 people in the nearby town of Sogod, but many had returned Friday because the rain had stopped and the sun had come out.

          Television footage of the disaster scene showed a flat expanse of brown earth spread over several hectares (acres) between rice paddies and the steep flank of Mount Can-abag, one side of which has been shorn of all vegetation.

          Only crumpled tin roofing and the tops of some coconut palms were visible from the mud, estimated to be at least six meters (20 feet) deep. Among the buried structures was a school with 206 students and 41 teachers who are among the missing.

          The air force was set to airlift rescue teams and relief supplies to the area on Saturday.

          Army troops and volunteer rescue teams are involved in the search and rescue efforts, while the US Navy diverted one of its vessels involved in annual war games with Manila to the disaster zone.

          The Red Cross in Geneva appealed for two million Swiss francs (1.52 million dollars) to fund a relief operation.

          The United Nations deployed a special team to assess the disaster as Secretary General Kofi Annan expressed sadness at the huge loss of life.

          A mild 2.6-magnitude earthquake which struck before the landslide may have helped trigger the landslide, said Rene Solidum, head of the government volcanology office.


          Page: 12



          Hundreds feared dead in massive Filipino mudslide
          New photos of Abu Ghraib abuse surface
          South Korean FM to run for top post of UN
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Up to 3,000 feared dead in Philippines landslide

           

             
           

          China, Iran close to finalize energy contracts

           

             
           

          Bodies of murdered engineers flown home

           

             
           

          Weather blamed for Jilin coal fume poisoning

           

             
           

          Pakistani President to visit China after killings

           

             
           

          Cyberspace regulator meets the press

           

             
            Landslide slams village, 1,500 missing
             
            Japanese PM urged to avoid shrine visit
             
            Bird flu tightens hold on Europe
             
            Iran says no uranium enrichment yet, ready to talk
             
            Israel to seal gaza after Hamas takes over
             
            Reports: China, Iran near huge oil deal
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Philippines landslide deaths may top 1,500
             
          Landslide slams village, 1,500 missing
             
          200 dead, 1,500 missing in Philippine landslide
             
          Landslide buries Philippine town, 200 dead
          Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲av成人无码网站| 亚欧洲乱码视频在线专区| 性夜夜春夜夜爽夜夜免费视频 | 99久久精品国产一区二区蜜芽| 国产精品私拍99pans大尺度| 国产台湾黄色av一区二区| 激情在线网| 国产一区二区三区色噜噜| 中文字幕无码中文字幕有码a| 国产又粗又爽视频| 美乳丰满人妻无码视频| 国产一区内射最近更新| 在线 欧美 中文 亚洲 精品| 欧美日韩在线亚洲综合国产人| 国产九九视频一区二区三区| 久久精品熟女亚洲av艳妇| 亚洲国产成人无码影片在线播放| 久久综合给合久久狠狠狠| 樱花草在线社区www| 成人无码午夜在线观看| 97夜夜澡人人双人人人喊| 99亚洲男女激情在线观看| 国产精品久久久久无码网站| 国产明星精品无码AV换脸| 免费人成在线观看播放国产| 四虎国产精品成人免费久久| 亚洲国产午夜精品福利| 成人av亚洲男人色丁香| 亚洲欧美激情在线一区| 国产亚洲精品久久久久久久软件 | 秋霞电影网| 国产高清乱码又大又圆| 亚洲成A人片在线观看无码不卡| 一区二区三区四区五区自拍| 成人亚洲国产精品一区不卡| 久久青青草原亚洲AV无码麻豆| 国内精品伊人久久久久影院对白| 欧美z0zo人禽交| 亚洲色大成网站WWW久久| 欧美国产精品拍自| 国产精品无码无需播放器|