<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Hopes fade for the missing after Egypt ferry sink
          (AP)
          Updated: 2006-02-04 16:01

          A spokesman for President Hosni Mubarak said the ferry did not have enough lifeboats, and questions were raised about the safety of the 35-year-old, refitted ship that was weighed down with 220 cars as well as the passengers.


          An injured survivor of the ship sinking in the Red Sea is carried off by paramedics from the Elanora cargo ship which had ferried the survivors to the port of Hurghada in Egypt Saturday, Feb. 4, 2006. [AP]

          "It's a roll-on, roll-off ferry, and there is big question mark over the stability of this kind of ship," said David Osler of the London shipping paper Lloyds List. "It would only take a bit of water to get on board this ship and it would be all over. ... The percentage of this type of ferry involved in this type of disaster is huge."

          Weather may also have been a factor. There were high winds and a sandstorm overnight on Saudi Arabia's west coast.

          Officials said more than 185 bodies were recovered while hundreds remained missing in the dark, chilly sea nearly 24 hours after the ship went down. One lifeboat was sighted from a helicopter during the day bobbing in the waves with what appeared to be about a dozen or more passengers.

          A police officer in Safaga said 435 people had been rescued by Saturday morning. The officer spoke on condition of anonymity as he was not authorized to speak to the media.

          Hundreds of angry relatives of the passengers crowded for hours outside Egypt's port of Safaga, south of Hurghada, where the ferry had been heading. They shouted at police barring the iron gates and complained they had no information on their loved ones.

          "This is a dirty government, may God burn their hearts as they burned mine," one woman wailed, slapping her face in grief. "I want my brother. I have no one else in this life."

          Some of the survivors were taken from the ferry's lifeboats, others from inflatable rescue craft dropped into the sea by helicopters, and others were pulled from the water wearing life jackets, the governor of Red Sea province, Bakr al-Rashidi, told The Associated Press.

          A police official at the operations control room in Safaga said 185 bodies were pulled from the sea. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the press.

          Well after nightfall, there were contradictory reports whether any survivors had been brought to shore. A security official said 20 had been sent to a Safaga hospital, but police at the port's entrance told families none was back. Police ringed the Safaga hospital.

          Rescue efforts also appeared confused. Egyptian officials initially turned down a British offer to divert a warship to the scene and a U.S. offer to send a P3-Orion maritime naval patrol aircraft to the area. The British craft, HMS Bulwark, headed from the southern Red Sea where it was operating, then turned around when the offer was rejected.

          But then Egypt reversed itself and asked for both the Orion and the Bulwark to be sent -- then finally decided to call off the Bulwark, deciding it was too far away to help, said Lt. Cdr. Charlie Brown of the U.S. 5th Fleet, based in Bahrain. In the end, the Orion -- which has the capability to search underwater from the air -- was sent, but the Bulwark was not, he said.

          Four Egyptian rescue ships reached the scene Friday afternoon, about 10 hours after the 35-year-old ferry likely went down some 95-kilometers (57 miles) off the Egyptian port of Hurghada.

          Saudi ships were patrolling waters off their shore to hunt for survivors, but found none, a senior Saudi security official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to speak to the press.

          Any survivors still in the Red Sea could go into shock as temperatures fell in the already cold waters, which average in the upper 60s Fahrenheit (around 19 Celsius) in February. The waters in the area are up to 3,000 feet deep.

          Mubarak's spokesman said an investigation was under way.

          Page: 123



          Egypt maritime tragedy
          Ben Bernanke sworn in as 14th Fed chairman
          Saddam stands for trial
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Hopes fade for the missing after Egypt ferry sink

           

             
           

          FM maps out blueprint for EU-China ties

           

             
           

          88 killed in stampede at Manila game show

           

             
           

          US says risk of war with China diminishing

           

             
           

          Outbound travelling jumps 50-fold in 20 years

           

             
           

          Muslim uproar spreads in Mohammed cartoon

           

             
            88 killed in stampede at Manila game show
             
            Most of 1,400 on Egypt ferry feared lost
             
            Fierce fighting across southern Afghanistan kills 36
             
            IAEA delays vote to report Iran to UN Security Council
             
            Hamas resists pressure to recognize Israel
             
            Muslim uproar spreads in Mohammed cartoon
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Most of 1,400 on Egypt ferry feared lost
             
          Egypt ship with 1,400 aboard sinks, many feared dead
             
          Egyptian ferry carrying 1,300 sinks in Red Sea
             
          Egypt maritime tragedy
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产精品天堂蜜av在线播放| 少妇高潮喷水惨叫久久久久电影 | 人人妻人人玩人人澡人人爽| 无码av免费永久免费永久专区 | 九色免费视频| 日本高清在线观看WWW色| 西西人体44rt大胆高清张悠雨| 亚洲精品成人区在线观看| 亚洲av永久无码精品天堂久久| 久久99精品久久久久麻豆| 永久免费无码国产| 国产11一12周岁女毛片| 97久久超碰亚洲视觉盛宴| 精美亚洲一区二区三区| xxxx丰满少妇高潮| 日本丰滿岳乱DVD| 国产av一区二区久久蜜臀| 亚洲日韩一区二区| 国产AV国片精品有毛| 夜鲁夜鲁很鲁在线视频 视频| 免费无码高H视频在线观看| 精品熟女少妇av免费久久| 人妻有码中文字幕在线| 亚洲视频高清| 潮喷失禁大喷水无码| 亚洲午夜久久久影院| 亚洲色大成网站WWW久久| 国产人妖cd在线看网站| 国产高颜值不卡一区二区| 欧美激情一区二区三区成人| 国产欧洲欧洲久美女久久| 中国亚州女人69内射少妇| 国内精品免费久久久久电影院97 | 亚洲第三十四九中文字幕| 国产在线网址| 亚洲成人精品在线伊人网| 无码伊人66久久大杳蕉网站谷歌| 亚洲一区精品视频在线 | 国产极品丝尤物在线观看| 91系列在线观看| 亚洲一区二区三区自拍偷拍|