<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Session of Saddam trial cancelled
          (AP)
          Updated: 2006-01-24 20:08

          The court trying Saddam Hussein cancelled the resumption of his trial Tuesday, delaying the session for five days because of discord over a last-minute shakeup in the court.


          The interior of the courtroom that has been trying former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein is seen in this Dec. 27, 2005 photo. Members of Saddam Hussein's toppled regime, even several in custody, may give testimony when the war crimes trial against the former Iraq president and seven co-defendants resumes this week, a U.S. official said Sunday. [AP]

          The delay was the latest sign of disarray in the trial of the ousted Iraqi leader and his former regime officials. It came a day after one member of the five-judge panel was removed and a new chief judge was appointed.

          Court official Raid Juhi said the hearing was postponed until Sunday because some of the witnesses due to appear today had been unable to attend. He refused to elaborate.

          But two judges said the members of the panel hearing the case were argument squabbling over the appointment of the new chief judge, Raouf Rasheed Abdel-Rahman.

          Some judges opposed the appointment, while others supported him, one of the two judges said. He said the arguments were still going on as the postponement of the session was announced.

          The other appeared to complain about outside interference in the court. When asked what the problem was, he replied, "Matters are not in our hands."

          It appeared some members were trying to bring back the former chief judge, Rizgar Mohammed Amin, or the another jurist who was removed from the panel, Saeed al-Hammash.

          The two judges who spoke to AP were members of the Special Tribunal trying the ousted Iraqi leader, though not necessarily sitting on the panel hearing the current case. They both spoke on condition of anonymity since court rules bar most judges from being named.

          The first chief judge, Amin, a Kurd, submitted his resignation Jan. 15 after complaints by politicians and officials that he failed to maintain control of the proceedings.

          Initially, court officials said Amin would be replaced by his deputy, al-Hammash, a Shiite. However, the government commission responsible for purging members of Saddam's Baath Party complained last week that al-Hammash should not serve as chief judge because of his one-time membership in the former ruling party.

          Al-Hammash was transferred off the case entirely, though court official Raid Juhi insisted the move was not connected to the Baath allegation.

          The man finally appointed to stand as chief judge — Abdel-Rahman, a Kurd — was born in Halabja, the town where Saddam's forces allegedly launched a poison gas attack in 1988 that killed 5,000 Kurds. Some relatives of Abdel-Rahman were among the dead, according to his family.

          Saddam is expected to eventually go on trial for the Halabja deaths. But the current trial, which began Oct. 19 and was holding its eighth session Tuesday, is for the killings of about 140 Shiites in a crackdown that followed a failed assassination attempt in 1982 against the former ruler in Dujail, 50 miles north of Baghdad.

          Saddam and seven co-defendants could face the death penalty if convicted in the Dujail case.



          Japan's rocket blasts off with land-observation satellite
          Canadians vote Monday
          First Romanian American Congregation collapses
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          China and US agree on closer cooperation

           

             
           

          China, Saudi Arabia forge closer relationship

           

             
           

          Punishment announced for corrupt officials

           

             
           

          Beijing to Taipei: 'Bow to public opinion'

           

             
           

          China favors nuclear negotiations with Iran

           

             
           

          Adult diapers on China's packed railways

           

             
            Session of Saddam trial cancelled
             
            Investigator: US 'outsourced' torture
             
            Kuwait's ailing emir agrees to abdicate
             
            Iran threatens full-scale enrichment
             
            Serbia-Montenegro train crash kills 39
             
            New chief judge named in Saddam trial
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲中文字幕精品无人区| 亚洲第一香蕉视频啪啪爽| 在线精品自拍亚洲第一区| 欧美熟妇xxxxx欧美老妇不卡| 国产真人无码作爱视频免费| 精品久久久久无码| 亚洲精品日韩久久精品| 亚洲av成人一区二区三区色 | 国产播放91色在线观看| 在线看国产精品自拍内射| 蜜桃视频在线免费观看一区二区 | 成人免费A级毛片无码片2022 | 无码人妻精品一区二| 国产高清色高清在线观看| 97国内精品久久久久不卡| 欧美乱码伦视频免费| 人人人妻人人澡人人爽欧美一区| 亚洲一区二区三区18禁| 久久久一本精品99久久| 口爆少妇在线视频免费观看| 亚洲一区二区三区四区| 久久人妻国产精品| 日本精品网| 国产免费久久精品44| 黑人巨大av无码专区| 日韩亚洲欧美中文高清在线| 成年在线观看免费人视频| 久久麻豆成人精品| 亚洲精品日韩久久精品| 亚洲毛片无码专区亚洲乱| 日本福利一区二区精品| 国产精品白丝在线观看有码 | 天天爽夜夜爽人人爽曰| 国产SM重味一区二区三区| 99www久久综合久久爱com| 又爆又大又粗又硬又黄的a片| 国产91小视频在线观看| 国产亚洲精品第一综合另类| 日韩人妻少妇一区二区三区| 色婷婷久久综合中文久久一本| 亚洲精品日韩精品久久|