<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Asia to mark tsunami anniversary with prayers, silence
          (Reuters)
          Updated: 2005-12-26 11:15

          Countries around the Indian Ocean hold ceremonies on Monday to remember the many thousands who died in last year's tsunami, one of the deadliest disasters in modern history.

          A year on, a huge reconstruction operation has brought hope but the pain of losing loved ones is still raw, some survivors say.

          The affected nations will mark the event with mass prayers, moments of silence and visits to the graves of the dead.

          Alfiyati (C), an Acehnese woman who lost one of her children in the Indian Ocean tsunami, cries after praying at a memorial service for the tsunami victims in Landung, Banda Aceh, December 25, 2005. Construction spending in Aceh, devastated by last year's tsunami, will soon reach $2 billion a year, the United Nations Development Programme said. A 9.15 magnitude earthquake triggered the tsunami which left 170,000 people dead or missing in Aceh alone.
          Alfiyati (C), an Acehnese woman who lost one of her children in the Indian Ocean tsunami, cries after praying at a memorial service for the tsunami victims in Landung, Banda Aceh, December 25, 2005. Construction spending in Aceh, devastated by last year's tsunami, will soon reach $2 billion a year, the United Nations Development Programme said. A 9.15 magnitude earthquake triggered the tsunami which left 170,000 people dead or missing in Aceh alone.[Reuters]
          In one of the first ceremonies, Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono joined in a moment of silence at the Baiturrahman mosque in a Banda Aceh coastal suburb flattened by the disaster.

          The tsunami left nearly 170,000 dead or missing and half a million homeless in Aceh province, on the northern tip of Sumatra island, making it the worst-hit area in the region.

          Total dead and missing throughout the countries affected, which also included Sri Lanka, India and Thailand, are estimated at more than 231,000.

          Yudhoyono is also due to participate in a test of a warning system designed to limit casualties from future tsunamis, as well as join up to 10,000 people at evening prayers at the historic Baiturrahman mosque in Banda Aceh, capital of Aceh province.

          In Thailand, Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra and a member of the royal family who lost her son will be among those speaking in the resort island Phuket, source of some of the most graphic footage of the waves.

          A powerful undersea earthquake off Sumatra island triggered the tsunami, which raced across the Indian Ocean before smashing into shorelines as far away as Somalia in Africa. In Aceh, Sri Lanka, India and around Phuket in Thailand, the waves, up to 10 metres (33 feet) swept holidaymakers off beaches, smashed hotels and in some areas destroyed whole towns.

          An Acehnese child sleeps as her father reads the Koran during a memorial service for last year's Indian Ocean tsunami victims in the district of Landung in Banda Aceh December 25, 2005.
          An Acehnese child sleeps as her father reads the Koran during a memorial service for last year's Indian Ocean tsunami victims in the district of Landung in Banda Aceh December 25, 2005. [Reuters]
          In Banda Aceh, the tsunami, actually a series of waves, travelled several kilometres inland, sweeping up nearly everything in its path.

          Simple Buddhist ceremonies had marked Christmas Day in Thailand's tsunami zone on Sunday as relatives of victims remembered their loved ones.

          "I will have to die before I can forget," said 80-year-old Thai Sorjia Aiawsakul, who lost her son, daughter-in-law and niece in the December 26 tragedy.

          In Sri Lanka, President Mahinda Rajapakse will hold a memorial at a site near Galle where more than 1,000 passengers are thought to have died when the waves engulfed their train. Later, women survivors will form a candle-light chain along the coast.

          India will unveil memorials in at least two of the sites struck by the disaster.

          Reconstruction efforts are underway throughout the region. Government and multilateral agencies have pledged more than $7.3 billion in aid, while global private donations amount to more than $5.7 billion.

          Even so, a year after the disaster many survivors remain in tents or temporary barracks, and infrastructure such as washed-away roads has only been partly rebuilt.



          Tsunami victims remembered
          Christmas in Sydney
          Pope Benedict XVI leads Christmas mass
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          US$35.8 billion of funds abused this year

           

             
           

          China and Japan discuss UN reform

           

             
           

          Drug to treat human case of bird flu developed

           

             
           

          Family of three die in suspected suicide blast

           

             
           

          Law to curb gov't power over house relocation

           

             
           

          China to build two new nuclear plants

           

             
            World marks one-year tsunami anniversary
             
            Bush hoping to win more battles in 2006
             
            Iraq violence leaves at least 2 dozen dead
             
            Saddam relative said claims to reject deal
             
            Azerbaijan airlines suspends flights
             
            Ex-hostage says Iraqi abductors treated her OK
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Survivors pray, lay wreaths in tsunami memorial
             
          Tsunami survivors mark first anniversary
             
          Red Cross plans 1.5b euros of aid to tsunami victims
             
          Tsunami survivors still struggling despite aid outpouring
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 天天影视色香欲综合久久| 日韩精品无码免费专区网站| 四虎国产精品永久地址49| 丰满少妇熟女高潮流白浆| 国产三级精品三级在线区| 日韩美女av二区三区四区| 国产午夜在线观看视频播放| 国产高清视频一区二区三区| 欧美人与动牲交A免费观看| 国产亚洲中文字幕久久网| 少妇人妻av无码专区| 亚洲av成人区国产精品| 97人妻中文字幕总站| 欧美丝袜高跟鞋一区二区| 久久香蕉国产亚洲av麻豆| 一本一道av中文字幕无码| 六十熟妇乱子伦视频| 国产成人午夜精品影院| 精品国产亚洲第一区二区三区| 在线天堂最新版资源| 国产精品国产亚洲看不卡| 公天天吃我奶躁我的在线观看| 亚洲人成网站观看在线观看| 亚洲综合久久精品国产高清| 午夜福利免费视频一区二区| 东方av四虎在线观看| 蜜臀av黑人亚洲精品| 午夜精品影视国产一区在线麻豆| 欧洲一区二区中文字幕| 少妇粗大进出白浆嘿嘿视频| 久久国产乱子伦免费精品无码 | 精品无码国产污污污免费| 小姑娘完整中文在线观看| 亚洲2区3区4区产品乱码2021| 成人影片一区免费观看| 国产亚洲精品久久久久久床戏| 成人午夜视频一区二区无码| 亚洲国产成人久久综合一区| 成人无码精品免费视频在线观看| 中文字幕一区二区三区乱码不卡| 欧美国产日韩亚洲中文|