<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>China
                 
           

          68th anniversary of massacre marked
          By Wu Jiao (China Daily)
          Updated: 2005-12-14 06:12

          NANJING: For 92-year-old Wu Xiulan, December 13 is forever etched in pain, blood and tears.

          On that day in 1937, Japanese invaders occupied the city where she was living - the then-national capital.

          Nanjing Massacre
          Wu Xiulan, 92, attends a ceremony yesterday to mark the 68th anniversary of the Nanjing Massacre. Wu is a survivor of the massacre, in which two daughters, ages 4 and 2, were killed by Japanese soldiers in 1937. Wu, then 24, lost her left leg during Japanese bombings.[Xinhua]

          The ensuing weeks witnessed atrocities unseen in human history, committed by Japanese soldiers in an orgy of killing, raping, looting and burning.

          At least 300,000 Chinese civilians were slaughtered, including Wu's two daughters, ages 4 and 2.

          Wu, then 24, lost her left leg during Japanese bombings.

          Early yesterday morning, Wu, in a wheelchair, went to the Memorial Hall for the Victims of the Nanjing Massacre by Japanese Invaders as she has been doing every year since 1985 when the hall opened.

          "I miss the relatives lost in the massacre. I hope there will never be another war," she said.

          Wu's third daughter, who accompanied her to the hall, said the elderly woman had refused to meet Japanese visitors or the Japanese media.

          "It would remind her of the brutal scenes. She just could not bear it," the daughter said.

          Like Wu, about 3,000 massacre survivors, victims' relatives and visitors attended a ceremony yesterday in the capital of East China's Jiangsu Province to mark the 68th anniversary of the Nanjing Massacre. Sirens sounded throughout the city at 10 am.

          Ren Yanshen, Nanjing deputy Party secretary, described the massacre as the "darkest page in the history of human civilization."

          "We must take history as a mirror and work for world peace and development," he said.

          Some Japanese visitors also attended the event including Kenzo Furukawa vice-president of the East Japan Railway Workers' Union who led a 20-member team to show respect to victims.

          According to Kenzo, the ancestors of some of his team members had participated in the aggression against China in the 1930s and 1940s.

          "It was absolutely wrong for our ancestors to kill innocent Chinese people during the war," said Kenzo, who has attended the memorial ceremony every year since 1996.

          Kenzo said that he deliberately brought along some youngsters to tell them the truth of history.

          Tatsuya Asari, a young member of Kenzo's team, told China Daily that "we have so many versions of history in Japan. I want to find the right one by myself."

          Meanwhile, construction began on a new and bigger memorial hall yesterday.

          Zhu Chengshan, curator of the memorial hall, said the new building would cover 7.4 hectares compared to 2.2 hectares at present, and will cost 477 million yuan (US$59.5 million). It will open to the public in two years.

          As this year marks the 60th anniversary of the end of World War II, various activities have been held in Nanjing to mark the massacre and to help the survivors.

          An English-language website english.nj1937.org was set up on Monday by the memorial hall to let people from all over the world learn more about the massacre.

          Electronic versions of more than 300 pictures and documents about the massacre are provided on the website.

          A charity association, founded last year in Nanjing, helps massacre survivors receive financial support from the government. There are at least 400 survivors still alive.

          Wu Xiulan was among the 70 beneficiaries last year.

          "I want my descendants to come to pay homage to the victims every year. It is not for revenge, but for commemoration," she said.

          (China Daily 12/14/2005 page1)



          China-Thailand navy drill
          68th Anniversary of Nanjing Massacre Marked
          Wen attends ASEAN + 3 Summit
            Today's Top News     Top China News
           

          Japan motive for huge military expense questioned

           

             
           

          68th anniversary of massacre marked

           

             
           

          Drive for donations gets fillip

           

             
           

          China to play bigger role in talks

           

             
           

          Russia to join China in containing toxic slick

           

             
           

          Yuan gains; revaluation pressure to ease

           

             
            China to shut down 4,000 mines by Dec. 31
             
            China to boost relations with Jordan
             
            Patrols to ensure Olympic safety
             
            Scam victims bid to reclaim stolen items
             
            Guangzhou subway fares set to drop
             
            Yantai braces itself for more heavy snowfalls
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            It is time to prepare for Beijing - 2008  
          Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产jizzjizz视频| 久久精品66免费99精品| 一区二区三区综合在线视频| 欧美黑人XXXX性高清版| 国产裸舞福利在线视频合集| 中文有无人妻vs无码人妻激烈| 国产91福利在线精品剧情尤物| 国产av综合色高清自拍| 人妻放荡乱h文| 韩国精品一区二区三区| 成人网站国产在线视频内射视频| 亚洲美女又黄又爽在线观看| 九九视频热最新在线视频| 无码人妻精品中文字幕免费东京热| 国产人妻大战黑人第1集| 好男人社区神马在线观看www | 亚洲一区二区三区啪啪| 久久久久中文字幕精品视频| 亚洲av成人三区国产精品| 日韩精品一区二区三区激情视频 | 国产精品天干天干综合网| 日韩国产成人精品视频| 国产精品亚洲综合网一区| 强伦人妻一区二区三区视频18| 亚洲av激情一区二区| 亚洲av产在线精品亚洲第一站| 日本丶国产丶欧美色综合| 精品无码一区二区三区的天堂| 狠狠色丁香婷婷综合尤物| 中文字幕有码免费视频| 亚洲最大成人免费av| 91中文字幕一区二区| 产国语一级特黄aa大片| 国产精品无码av不卡| 天天躁日日躁狠狠躁一级毛片| 国产精品一二三入口播放| 日韩免费人妻av无码专区蜜桃| 国产一区二区三区九九视频| 亚洲综合91社区精品福利| 亚洲国产一区二区av| 性欧美三级在线观看|