<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Uganda's LRA rebels seek talks with government
          (Reuters)
          Updated: 2005-11-30 16:27

          The deputy leader of one of Africa's most brutal rebel groups said in a rare communication that his Lord's Resistance Army was ready to hold talks with the Ugandan government to end a 19-year-old insurgency.

          Speaking by satellite telephone, Vincent Otti told BBC radio in Kampala that he was calling on the instructions of the cult-like group's elusive leader -- one of the world's most wanted men following international arrest warrants.

          "The chairman, General Joseph Kony, has authorised me to talk to you that we want peace talks with the government of Uganda," Otti said in the remarks broadcast on Wednesday.

          "We are now ready to talk peace."

          Otti also denied the LRA was behind recent killings of aid workers, and said he was ready to face justice.

          The LRA rebellion has ruined northern Uganda, uprooting more than 1.6 million people and triggering what the United Nations calls one of the world's most neglected humanitarian disasters.

          But with warrants for LRA leaders issued in The Hague, and two military forces agreeing to hunt them down, many in the north say the movement is under more pressure than ever.

          Otti's call to the BBC late on Tuesday followed a recent surge in violence in the north, with the military saying 21 civilians were killed in LRA attacks last week.

          It was not immediately clear, however, why Otti had chosen to make his rare, public pronouncement this week.

          Uganda's government was sceptical of the appeal, saying the rebels had used ceasefire calls in the past to win time to regroup and re-arm. "We are not really taking this very seriously at all," Information Minister Nsaba Buturo told Reuters. "We have been here before."

          The minister also questioned why the offer came via media.

          "I DID NOTHING"

          The rebels have no clear political aims beyond opposing Uganda's President Yoweri Museveni, but are notorious for massacring civilians, mutilating survivors and abducting more than 20,000 children as fighters, porters and sex slaves.

          Talks to end the violence broke down earlier this year after the rebel group's main negotiator surrendered.

          In October, Kony and Otti found themselves among the world's most wanted men when the International Criminal Court (ICC) unveiled arrest warrants for the LRA leadership.

          Otti, who said he was calling from an undisclosed location in northern Uganda, added he was ready to face an ICC judge, but the government should also be in the dock.

          "I am ready because I know that I did nothing. If I am going to the court to be charged, then the government must also be taken into court," he said. "We are fighting with Uganda, but not with the international body."

          Otti denied the LRA was behind ambushes on non-governmental organisations on both sides of the border in which at least five aid workers were killed in recent weeks.

          He blamed LRA defectors and Uganda's military.

          "We are not targeting any aid workers," he said. "We are only targeting government soldiers. We are not the ones."

          The LRA has long operated from mountain hideouts in neighbouring southern Sudan, and Ugandan troops are hunting for them there alongside former Sudanese rebels.



          AIDS awareness campaign
          Saddam trial resumes
          Israel's Peres may quit Labour for Sharon party
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          China to keep HIV carrier cases below 1.5m by 2010

           

             
           

          China rules out meeting with Koizumi

           

             
           

          US, China urged to cooperate in energy

           

             
           

          Virus outbreaks may change poultry raising

           

             
           

          Toxins make second China city cut water

           

             
           

          China cars no threat to Japan: report

           

             
            Bush maps out Iraq war strategy
             
            Iran to resume nuclear talks with EU
             
            Israel's Peres quits Labor Party to back Sharon
             
            Merkel, facing Iraq hostage crisis, charts course for Germany
             
            Syria fighting probe of assassination
             
            Fox begins last year as Mexico's president
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Global court said ready to finger Uganda rebels
             
          Ugandan army kills over 40 rebels in 3 days
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲成av人无码免费观看| 好吊视频一区二区三区人妖| 在线精品自拍亚洲第一区| 国产成人精品一区二区三区| 2020年最新国产精品正在播放 | 精品无码国产污污污免费| 欧美精品亚洲精品日韩专| 色欲av无码一区二区人妻| 97久久超碰国产精品2021| 亚洲色图视频一区中文字幕| 在线看片免费人成视频久网| 久久婷婷五月综合色99啪ak| 自拍欧美亚洲| 久久亚洲精品中文字幕馆| 久久精品波多野结衣| 亚洲国产成人va在线观看天堂| 伊人久久精品一区二区三区 | 亚洲欧美国产另类首页| 无码人妻丝袜在线视频红杏| 999热在线精品观看全部| 成人综合婷婷国产精品久久蜜臀| 国产精品久久久久不卡绿巨人| 欧美成A高清在线观看| 日韩中文字幕人妻精品| 国产精一区二区黑人巨大| 91密桃精品国产91久久| 真实国产乱子伦视频| 激情综合网激情综合网激情| 亚洲一区二区约美女探花| 青青草原国产精品啪啪视频| 日韩V欧美V中文在线| 免费a级毛片18以上观看精品 | 亚洲精品自拍视频在线看| 中文字幕自拍偷拍福利视频| 尤物视频色版在线观看| 久久久久人妻一区精品果冻| 国产精品人成在线播放蜜臀| 久久精品国产主播一区二区| 亚洲成a人片77777kkkk| 91在线无码精品秘 入口九色十| 国产日韩入口一区二区|