<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Former US attorney general joins Saddam's defence
          (Reuters)
          Updated: 2005-11-28 14:47

          The trial of Saddam Hussein and seven co-defendants resumes in a fortified Baghdad courtroom on Monday with former U.S. attorney general Ramsey Clark joining the team defending Iraq's overthrown president.

          Clark, a controversial figure who was the top U.S. attorney in the late 1960s before becoming an anti-Vietnam war activist and a defender of figures including Slobodan Milosevic, said he hoped to strengthen Saddam's defence.

          "Our plan is to go to court in Baghdad on Monday morning representing the defence counsel as defence support," Clark told Reuters in Amman on Sunday before flying to the Iraqi capital.

          "A fair trial in this case is absolutely imperative for historical truth," said the 77-year-old, who has also offered advice to former Liberian leader Charles Taylor in the past.

          "It is absolutely essential that the court is legal in its constitution. A court cannot be a court unless it is absolutely independent of all external pressures and forces."

          Clark will be joined by the former justice minister of Qatar, Najeeb al-Nauimi, lending an international aspect to proceedings which have until now been entirely Iraqi run.

          Former attorney general Ramsey Clark is shown on June 15, 2005.
          Former attorney general Ramsey Clark is shown on June 15, 2005. [Reuters/file]
          It was not clear if the chief judge of the trial, Rizgar Mohammed Amin, would allow Clark and Nauimi into his courtroom, but a spokeswoman for the defence team said their attendance had already been approved by U.S. advisers to the court.

          An official close to the court said that no application had so far been made by Saddam's defence team to have international observers -- such as Clark and Nauimi -- in the court.

          The trial began on October 19 and is resuming after a 40-day adjournment, granted to give the defence more time to prepare for a trial involving charges of crimes against humanity.

          Most of the break has been taken up with security issues after one defence lawyer was murdered the day after the trial began and another in early November, throwing proceedings into chaos. A third defence lawyer has fled Iraq after death threats.

          Saddam and the others are accused of ordering and carrying out the deaths of 148 men from the town of Dujail, north of Baghdad, following an attempt on Saddam's life in 1982.

          The lawyers still involved in representing the eight defendants have agreed to return to court only after security promises were made, although the details of the protections that are being afforded to them have not been revealed.


          Page: 12



          Election cast shadow on Canada aboriginal goals
          Protest against alleged Bush bombing plan
          Ukraine marks 'orange revolution' anniversary
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Death toll rises to 51 in Heilongjiang coal mine blast

           

             
           

          Abuse of Chinese women sparks uproar

           

             
           

          China mulls cutting big surplus in trade

           

             
           

          Japanese minister raps China over shrine

           

             
           

          WJS: Good marks for China's WTO obligations

           

             
           

          Scared residents camp out in open in Jiangxi

           

             
            Saddam trial to resume; Clark arrives
             
            Allawi: Iraq abuses as bad as under Saddam
             
            Top Sri Lanka rebel issues ultimatum
             
            Zimbabwe: Early results show Mugabe's party wins
             
            US farmers use pesticide despite treaty
             
            Chavez applauds Spain for 'resisting' US on arms
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Saddam trial to resume; Clark arrives
             
          Saddam's lawyers to seek another trial delay
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 在线国产毛片| 国产成人亚洲综合色婷婷秒播| 三年高清在线观看全集下载| 亚洲精品动漫一区二区三| 国产一区二区午夜福利久久| 国外av片免费看一区二区三区| 日韩伦理片一区二区三区| 思思99热精品在线| 亚洲国产成人久久综合人| 花式道具play高h文调教| 17岁日本免费bd完整版观看| 色一乱一伦一图一区二区精品| 日韩一区精品视频一区二区| 丰满爆乳一区二区三区| 在线中文一区字幕对白| 久久亚洲精品中文字幕无| 久久亚洲国产成人精品性色 | 国产精品亚洲综合色区丝瓜| 国产乱子伦农村xxxx| vr虚拟专区亚洲精品二区| 亚洲一区二区精品极品| 久久国产精品成人免费古装| 日本中文字幕一区二区三| 欧洲美熟女乱又伦av| 精品一区二区三区少妇蜜臀| 国产亚洲999精品AA片在线爽| 亚洲一区二区三区| 色伦专区97中文字幕| 日韩有码中文字幕国产| 国产99久久无码精品| 色综合AV综合无码综合网站| 久久不见久久见免费视频观看| 人人超碰人人爱超碰国产| 亚洲熟妇自偷自拍另类| 国产va免费精品观看| 成人做受120秒试看试看视频| 国产中文欧美日韩在线 | 日本一区二区三区内射| 人妻少妇久久中文字幕| 91精品国产91热久久久久福利| 久久精品国产一区二区蜜芽|