<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          US soldiers reprimanded for burning bodies
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-11-27 10:50

          Four US soldiers have been reprimanded for an incident in Afghanistan in which the bodies of two Islamic fighters were burned and a message taunting the Taliban about the cremations was broadcast, a US Central Command official said.

          The incident became public when Australian TV showed footage of the soldiers burning the corpses, which were facing Mecca. The footage included a message challenging Taliban troops to retrieve their dead and fight.

          The Muslim faith forbids the burning of bodies.

          The burning of soldiers killed in combat is permitted under the Geneva Conventions "for hygiene reasons and religious purposes," said Maj. Gen. Jason Kamiya, the operational commander of coalition forces in Afghanistan.

          The soldiers who made the broadcast, working in psychological operations in Afghanistan, will also face non-judicial punishment or something similar, U.S. military spokesman Lt. Col. Laurent Fox said Saturday at a news conference.

          Two US soldiers were shown last month burning the bodies. Two other US soldiers broadcast the message later over loudspeakers.

          The bodies were burned for hygienic reasons, according to the military, and the soldiers who cremated them already have been issued "general officer memorandums of reprimand" for showing poor judgment. The other two soldiers will face something similar for making an unauthorized broadcast, Fox said.

          Muslim custom dictates that bodies be buried between 24 and 72 hours after death and that Muslims conduct the burial, according to an executive summary of the investigation.

          The executive summary states that the actions didn't violate law, but rather "highlighted poor judgment and a lack of Afghan cultural knowledge." The summary adds, "These judgment errors are serious and have been corrected with administrative actions and training."

          The incidents took place October 1 near Gumbad in Kandahar province, a hotbed of militant activity, after a September 30 firefight that left a US soldier, an Afghan soldier and the two Taliban fighters dead.

          Speaking at a Saturday news conference in Kandahar, Kamiya said that October 1 in Kandahar was a sweltering day -- about 90 degrees Fahrenheit -- and the remains were heavily damaged by gunfire. They had started to decompose after being exposed to the elements for 24 hours, he said.

          "Our investigation found there was no intent to desecrate the remains, but only to dispose of them for hygienic reasons," Kamiya said.

          It was the first time the soldiers' military unit had killed an enemy at close range and the first time the unit needed to determine what to do with the remains, the report states.

          Hours after the soldiers began burning the bodies, "a psychological operations loudspeaker team" broadcast messages toward Gumbad and a mountainous area "where the enemy was suspected to be hiding," according to the report.

          The two non-commissioned officers "understood that what they were doing in broadcasting the message was wrong and not in accordance with established policies and procedures," Kamiya said.

          Both were reprimanded -- "the most serious administrative action that the command can impose" -- according to the report. And they, along with the unit commander, will be reassigned to other duties "for rehabilitative reasons," the report states.



          Election cast shadow on Canada aboriginal goals
          Protest against alleged Bush bombing plan
          Ukraine marks 'orange revolution' anniversary
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          14 killed in magnitude 5.7 temblor in Jiangxi

           

             
           

          Wen visits Harbin; Russia offered sorry

           

             
           

          China's taikonauts get hero title at celebration

           

             
           

          Hu underscores innovation of Marxism

           

             
           

          Dam to withstand any attack, designer says

           

             
           

          Malaysia probes abuse of Chinese women

           

             
            US soldiers reprimanded for burning bodies
             
            Saddam's lawyers to seek another trial delay
             
            Russia moves to calm fears over China toxic spill
             
            India plans to propose energy pact with China
             
            Japan probe collects samples from asteroid
             
            At least 79 bus passengers drown in India
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲综合色区另类av| 精品无码国产日韩制服丝袜| 国产情侣激情在线对白| 亚洲老女人区一区二视频| 亚洲国产成人精品区综合| 国产一区韩国主播| 高中女无套中出17p| 久久精品国产亚洲精品2020| 2020狠狠狠狠久久免费观看| 亚洲一本二区偷拍精品| 日本在线观看高清不卡免v| 国产十八禁在线观看免费| 国产精品熟女亚洲av麻豆| 中文字幕日韩精品亚洲一区| 国产欧美日韩精品丝袜高跟鞋| 亚洲一区二区精品偷拍| 男人的天堂av一二三区| 亚洲av成人网在线观看| 免费乱理伦片在线观看| 青青草无码免费一二三区| 久久综合久中文字幕青草| 自拍偷自拍亚洲精品情侣| 国产精品自在拍首页视频| 厨房掀起裙子从后面进去视频| 性欧美vr高清极品| 亚洲日本乱码一区二区在线二产线 | 国产一区二区日韩在线| 丰满少妇被猛烈进入av久久| 成人无号精品一区二区三区| 亚洲欧洲日产国码AV天堂偷窥| 精品久久久久久亚洲综合网| 精品国产高清中文字幕| 日韩好片一区二区在线看| 日本无产久久99精品久久| 亚洲性夜夜天天天| 欧美人人妻人人澡人人尤物| 国产a在亚洲线播放| 亚洲伊人久久综合成人| 熟妇啊轻点灬大JI巴太粗| 午夜精品久久久久久久第一页| 宾馆人妻4P互换视频|