<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Police tighten security at Eiffel Tower security
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-11-13 17:03

          Thousands of police guarded the Eiffel Tower, the Champs Elysees and train stations as part of emergency measures enacted in response to text messages and Internet postings that called for "violent actions" in Paris.

          French French President Jacques Chirac on Sunday promised arrests, trials and punishment for those sowing "violence or fear" across France — as the urban unrest that has triggered attacks on vehicles, nursery schools and other targets reached central Paris.
          Smoke rises from the burnt out buildings at a commercial centre in Evreux, 96Km (60 miles) west of Paris early November 6, 2005. [Reuters]

          National Police Chief Michel Gaudin said police were taking "every precaution," including banning certain public gatherings, a day after the calls for "violent actions" Saturday evening in Paris were posted on Internet blogs and sent in text messages to cell phones.

          "This is not a rumor," Gaudin told a news conference, citing Paris' best-known landmarks among potential targets. "One can easily imagine the places where we must be highly vigilant."

          However, no trouble anywhere in Paris had been reported overnight Saturday to Sunday.

          Unrest has weakened in intensity since the government declared a state-of-emergency Tuesday, empowering local authorities to invoke exceptional security measures such as curfews if deemed necessary.

          Despite heightened security around the country, new violence broke out Saturday night in the southeastern city of Lyon. Police fired tear gas to disperse stone-throwing youths at the city's historic Place Bellecour. It was the first time in 17 nights of unrest across France that youths and police clashed in a major French city.

          In separate incidents Saturday night in the southern city of Carpentras, rioters rammed burning cars into the side of a retirement home and a school, national police spokesman Laurent Carron said. A primary school and linen store were also set ablaze in Carpentras, he said.

          Police counted 315 cars torched and said 161 people were arrested across France overnight as of 4 a.m. (0300 GMT).

          A police officer was injured after he was hit with a metal ball dropped from an apartment building in the northern Paris suburb of La Courneuve, Carron said.

          Arsonists also set an electronics store on fire Saturday night in Blangnac, on the outskirts of Toulouse, the regional government said.

          Just hours earlier, regional authorities had imposed a weekend curfew on Lyon, France's third-largest city, that barred youths under 18 from being outside without adult supervision between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.

          Some 40 towns, suburbs and smaller cities have imposed curfews on minors to clamp down on violence that started October 27 in a tough Paris suburb and has grown into a nationwide insurrection marked by extensive arson and clashes with police.

          Paris police took the exceptional step of banning all public gatherings that could "provoke or encourage disorder" from 10 a.m. Saturday to 8 a.m. Sunday. Police spokesman Hugo Mahboubi said it had been at least a decade and possibly longer since authorities had imposed any similar ban on gatherings in the French capital.

          As unrest continued, calls for peace and political change were mounting.

          Seventy-one percent of French people do not believe President Jacques Chirac can solve social problems that fueled the riots, according to an poll published Sunday by the Le Journal du Dimanche newspaper.

          However, more than half expressed confidence in Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin and Interior Minister Nicolas Sarkozy to find solutions, the poll said. The IFOP poll gave no margin of error.

          Police allowed an evening demonstration in Paris' Latin Quarter, which drew several hundred people protesting against the state-of-emergency measures. Many of the protesters were left-wing political groups and members of Communist-backed unions. They called for the resignation of Sarkozy, who has been accused of inflaming the violence by calling troublemakers "scum."

          Under tight police surveillance, protesters called the strict new measures a "provocation" that would not resolve violence or answer the long-term problems that caused the unrest. A similar rally in the southern city of Toulouse drew about 700 people.

          The violence first started in the northeastern Parisian suburb Clichy-sous-Bois on October 27. About 100 youths rioted to protest the accidental deaths of two Muslim teens, who were electrocuted while hiding from police in an electricity substation. It quickly triggered rioting in low-income housing projects across the country that have been centers for unemployment and alienation.

          The unrest has forced France to confront its failure to integrate minorities and the anger simmering among its large African and Arab communities.

          Late Friday, two gasoline bombs were tossed into a mosque in Carpentras, slightly damaging the foyer. It was not immediately clear whether the attack was linked to the unrest.

          Chirac asked investigators to find those behind the incident in Carpentras, a town grimly remembered for a 1990 neo-Nazi attack on a Jewish cemetery that sparked national outrage.

          Police said that unrest was now concentrated outside of the Paris region, where 86 vehicles were burned overnight Friday-Saturday, compared to a total of 502 nationwide.

          The overall figure was slightly higher than the previous night, but a significant drop from the 1,400 cars incinerated in a single night of mayhem a week earlier.

          Arson attacks were reported in 163 towns around France overnight Friday-Saturday _ about half the towns hit by violence a week earlier, the national police chief said.

          Overall, 2,503 people have been detained since the start of the unrest, with 364 of them convicted in expedited trials. Nearly 460 minors have gone before juvenile courts, 103 of whom were in the process of being charged, the Justice Ministry said.



          Liberia poised to have Africa's first-ever elected female president
          Former Indian president passes away
          Suicide bombers kill 57 at Jordan hotels
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          China reports new bird flu outbreak in Hubei

           

             
           

          Beijing unveils mascots for Olympics

           

             
           

          President Hu Jintao kicks off Spain visit

           

             
           

          Remains of Jordan bombing victims back

           

             
           

          China has its bird flu drug: Zhong Nanshan

           

             
           

          China may pass Germany as No.3 auto maker

           

             
            Police tighten security at Eiffel Tower security
             
            Tornadoes hit central US, killing at least one person
             
            UN's Annan denounces terror strikes
             
            Gov. Schwarzenegger embarks on China visit
             
            Health risks on 2005 APEC forum agenda
             
            Thousands mourn Rabin, 10 years later
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          More vehicles burned in French unrest
             
          Rioting begins to slack off in France
             
          France to impose curfews to quell rioting
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产综合色产在线视频欧美| 开心五月激情五月俺亚洲| 四虎国产精品久久免费地址| 福利无遮挡喷水高潮| 亚洲无av中文字幕在线| 国产精品麻豆中文字幕| 视频一区二区三区国产在线| 中文字幕人妻av第一区| 久久综合激情网| 少妇性bbb搡bbb爽爽爽欧美| 极品无码人妻巨屁股系列| 午夜免费福利小电影| 国语自产精品视频在线看| 亚洲精品一区二区美女| 亚洲香蕉网久久综合影视| 精品久久久久久中文字幕2017| 午夜福利精品一区二区三区| 人人妻人人澡人人爽| 男女激情一区二区三区| 亚洲VA成无码人在线观看天堂| 亚洲男人第一av网站| 国产精品免费视频不卡| 国产激情电影综合在线看| 高清精品视频一区二区三区| 无码专区 人妻系列 在线| 国产精品久久久久鬼色| av资源在线看免费观看| 精品国产美女福到在线不卡| 欧美日韩一区二区综合| 欧美日韩精品一区二区三区| 日韩精品一区二区三区日韩| 日本高清一区免费中文视频| 白嫩少妇无套内谢视频| 日韩有码中文在线观看| 亚洲第一尤物视频在线观看导航| 99在线无码精品秘 人口| 老司机亚洲精品影院| 色欧美片视频在线观看| 九九久久亚洲精品美国国内| 熟妇女人妻丰满少妇中文字幕| 人妻中出受孕 中文字幕在线|