<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          More vehicles burned in French unrest
          (AFP)
          Updated: 2005-11-11 17:24

          More vehicles were set alight in suburban violence in France after President Jacques Chirac said the country needed to learn lessons from two weeks of unrest.

          Rioters torched 463 cars in France overnight and police made 201 arrests, figures nearly identical to the previous night, the national police said Friday.

          Overnight Thursday 482 cars were torched and 203 people arrested.

          At the peak of the trouble on Sunday night some 1,400 vehicles had been torched and 395 people arrested across the country.

          Arson was suspected in a fire that destroyed a village hall south of the French capital overnight, but no one was hurt, police and firefighters said.

          Appearing publicly for the second time since rioting began, Chirac said the "re-establishment of order is for me an absolute priority... which has not yet been achieved."

          "When the time comes and order has been established, it will be necessary to draw all the consequences from this crisis and do it with much courage and lucidity," the president told journalists.

          Chirac, who has been criticised for taking a back seat, said it was time for "reflection, which I shall devote to explaining to my fellow citizens what my feelings are on this crisis and the means to remedy it."

          "Whatever our origins we are all children of the republic. We can all claim the same rights but must of course all accept the same duties," he said.

          In Paris, 2,220 police officers were to secure Armistice commemorations marking the 87th anniversary of the end of World War I on the Champs-Elysees which will be attended by Chirac and Defense Minister Michele Alliot-Marie in the morning.

          Calm gradually returned to French cities following introduction of a state of emergency and curfew Tuesday in some 30 towns and cities, where unaccompanied children under 16 were ordered to stay at home as the government struggled to contain the car-burnings, arson attacks and rioting mostly by young Arab and black residents of poor out-of-town estates.

          The curfew was still in effect in five regions Friday.

          Meanwhile, eight police officers were suspended pending results of an investigation into an alleged assault on a young man in a Paris suburb, the interior ministry said.

          Commenting on the suspension, an interior ministry spokesman said there was evidence that "two officers inflicted blows on the man in an illegal manner and that six others witnessed the incident."

          The assault on Monday was filmed by a news crew from state-owned France 2 television channel, who have handed their footage to investigators, a police official said. France 2 broadcast the pictures late Thursday.

          Interior Minister Nicolas Sarkozy said he would not permit any police excesses.

          Controversy also continued to surround a call by the tough-talking Sarkozy for foreigners convicted of acts of violence during the troubles to be deported -- a measure denounced by left-wing parties and campaigning groups as a breach of human rights.

          On Tuesday, the government of Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin outlined a twin-track initiative to defuse the unrest, invoking a 50-year-old law that authorises curfews and house-to-house searches and at the same unveiling a classic package of social assistance to help the stricken areas.

          Meanwhile Sarkozy said on television Thursday he had no regrets about his inflammatory references to young troublemakers as "rabble," a remark that has caused a wave of protest and controversy.

          "When I say they are rabble, that's what they call themselves," the minister stressed. "Let's stop calling them youngsters. If you call hoodlums 'youngsters' you risk making generalisations about young people."

          Finance Minister Thierry Breton meanwhile told Britain's Financial Times business daily Friday that France could lift restrictions on service industries and business start-ups to create jobs in the riot-hit suburbs.

          He said that although the package of measures would be limited to special areas, the plans could be a proving ground for wider reform of the rigid French labour market.

          Breton said he would present the prime minister with a batch of fresh ideas once the violence dies down.

          He said he did not think foreign investors would be put off by the images of vehicles being torched and Molotov cocktails being hurled at police.

          He will seek to reassure foreigners during visits abroad over the coming weeks, he added.

          The violence was sparked by the accidental deaths of two teenagers electrocuted while hiding from police in an electrical sub-station.



          Liberia poised to have Africa's first-ever elected female president
          Former Indian president passes away
          Suicide bombers kill 57 at Jordan hotels
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Beijing: Bush-Dalai Lama meeting negative

           

             
           

          US$1.7b deals dominate Hu's German agenda

           

             
           

          Three Chinese killed in Jordan bombing

           

             
           

          US embassy retracts terror warning

           

             
           

          Migratory birds come under microscope

           

             
           

          China: Topping US in medals 'impossible'

           

             
            First phase of six-party talks concludes with chairman's statement
             
            US, EU tentatively back Russian atom plan for Iran
             
            Angry Jordanians rally to protest bombings
             
            US voices hope Japan can join UN Security Council
             
            Poll: Most Americans say Bush not honest
             
            President: Syria will cooperate with UN
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Rioting begins to slack off in France
             
          French rioting appears to lose strength
             
          New violence hits France despite emergency laws
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 性色在线视频精品| 激情97综合亚洲色婷婷五| 久久国产免费直播| 久久久久国产一级毛片高清版A| 伊人久久大香线蕉AV网禁呦| 欧美人与动牲猛交xxxxbbbb| 黄色特级片一区二区三区| 亚洲最大在线精品| 天堂av在线一区二区| 免费人成网站免费看视频| 欧美另类亚洲一区二区| 国产亚洲中文字幕久久网| 人妻在线中文字幕| 久久久无码精品国产一区| 国产亚洲欧美另类一区二区| 成人区人妻精品一区二区不卡| 精品九九人人做人人爱| 亚洲人成网站18禁止大app | 蜜桃av亚洲精品一区二区| 40岁大乳的熟妇在线观看| 色爱av综合网国产精品| 亚洲成av一区二区三区| 少妇久久久被弄到高潮| 亚洲精品一区二区三区大桥未久| 自拍日韩亚洲一区在线| 亚洲精品一品二品av| 一本精品99久久精品77| 精品国产人成亚洲区| 日韩中文字幕亚洲精品 | 久久久久久99av无码免费网站| 成人一区二区不卡国产| 日本精品人妻无码77777| 九九热视频精选在线播放| 国模精品一区二区三区| 男女18禁啪啪无遮挡激烈网站| 一区二区三区国产不卡| 久久亚洲精品国产精品婷婷| A三级三级成人网站在线视频| 元码人妻精品一区二区三区9| 亚洲av套图一区二区| 亚洲中文字幕亚洲中文精|