<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Lawyer: U.S. bears some blame for killing
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-11-10 00:40

          Saddam Hussein's lawyer said Wednesday that U.S.-led "occupation forces" bear some of the responsibility for the slaying of a second colleague in the trial, and the defense team signaled it may not show up for the next session without international security guarantees.

          Relatives carry the coffin of Adel al-Zubeidi during his funeral, in Baghdad, Iraq, Wednesday, Nov. 9, 2005. Adel al-Zubeidi, lawyer for former vice president Taha Yassin Ramadan, died Tuesday when bullets sprayed his car in a largely Sunni Arab neighborhood of western Baghdad. The shots also wounded Thamir al-Khuzaie, attorney for another co-defendant, Saddam's half brother Barazan Ibrahim. [AP]

          Khalil al-Dulaimi, head of Saddam's legal team, spoke one day after Adel al-Zubeidi, lawyer for former Vice President Taha Yassin Ramadan, was killed by gunmen in west Baghdad. Thamir al-Khuzaie, attorney for another co-defendant, Saddam's half brother Barazan Ibrahim, was wounded.

          The attack followed the slaying last month of another defense lawyer, Saadoun al-Janabi, who was found shot to death the day after the trial began Oct. 19. The killings raise doubts about Iraq's ability to hold the trial, although the Iraqi government dismissed calls to move or halt it. The second session is set for Nov. 28.

          In a statement, the defense team said it considered that date "null and void" in the wake of the attacks because of "the very dangerous circumstances that prevent the presence" of the attorneys "unless there is a direct, neutral international intervention that guarantees" security.

          After the first slaying, the defense lawyers announced they had suspended further dealings with the special court trying their clients until their security was guaranteed. The latest statement appeared to harden that position in wake of the latest killing.

          Abdel-Haq Alani, a key coordinator on the defense team, told The Associated Press by telephone from London that the United States was obliged to protect the lawyers as "the occupying power," a status the Americans say they do not have since sovereignty was transferred to the Iraqis on June 28, 2004.

          Asked whether defense lawyers would be in court Nov. 28, Alani replied: "I believe not."

          There was no reaction from the court to Wednesday's statement, but officials have said that if defense lawyers refuse to appear, the tribunal could appoint a new team.

          Al-Dulaimi, speaking in the insurgent hotspot of Ramadi, brushed aside government suggestions that pro-Saddam insurgents or religious extremists were behind the killings.

          "The occupation forces are responsible for this criminal incident, and they bear the responsibility of preserving the lives of the people regardless of their identity," he said. The "Iraqi government also has the responsibility to protect people and put an end to such actions."

          He called on "all free people, the United Nations, the Arab League, Arab presidents and kings and the Arab Bar Association to shoulder the responsibility to face the tyranny of the criminal gangs that are targeting the country."

          President Jalal Talabani, a Kurd and longtime Saddam opponent, also condemned the assassination and urged the rest of the defense team to accept government protection, which they had refused.

          Regardless of who was responsible, the killing of another defense lawyer reinforced grave misgivings among human rights groups and international lawyers about holding the trial in a country gripped by a brutal insurgency — much of it led by the defendants' supporters in the Sunni Arab minority.

          "I don't understand how you can have a fair trial in this atmosphere of insecurity, with bombs going off," said Richard Goldstone, the first prosecutor at the U.N. tribunal for war crimes in the former Yugoslavia and one of the world's most prominent jurists.

          He told the AP by telephone that Iraq's government should consider shifting the trial to an Arab country "where there is security."
          Page: 12



          Suicide bombers kill 57 at Jordan hotels
          Health experts plan regional stockpiles of antiviral drugs
          Plane crash exercise in Manila
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Blair: China's rapid development not a threat

           

             
           

          Suicide bombers kill 53 at Jordan hotels

           

             
           

          New outbreaks reported, 'situation serious'

           

             
           

          China: Little progress on N. Korea talks

           

             
           

          Panel urges US-China energy cooperation

           

             
           

          Hostage stand-off ends in suicide blast

           

             
            Suicide bombers kill 53 at Jordan hotels
             
            Blair loses key vote on anti-terror bill
             
            North Korean nuclear talks resume in Beijing
             
            Second lawyer in Saddam trial assassinated
             
            French rioting appears to lose strength
             
            UN urges Washington to end Cuba embargo
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Manufacturers, Exporters, Wholesalers - Global trade starts here.
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 日本高清免费不卡视频| japanese丰满奶水| 四虎永久在线精品免费视频观看| 国产深夜福利在线免费观看 | 亚洲一区二区三区在线激情| 国内精品伊人久久久久av| 欧美老少配性行为| 亚洲理论电影在线观看| 国产亚洲熟妇在线视频| 久久精品国产亚洲av天海翼| 免费爆乳精品一区二区| 国产成人精品午夜二三区| 高清国产一区二区无遮挡| 人成午夜大片免费视频77777| 亚洲av综合色区无码专区| 福利一区二区在线观看| 国产成人亚洲欧美二区综合| 91在线无码精品秘 入口九色十| 日本高清中文字幕免费一区二区| 亚洲综合国产一区二区三区| 久久国内精品自在自线91| 乱60一70归性欧老妇| 亚洲国产欧美日韩另类| 狠狠色丁香婷婷亚洲综合| 熟女人妻视频| 亚洲AV毛片一区二区三区| 日本熟妇色xxxxx日本免费看| 在线中文字幕亚洲日韩2020| 国产欧美日韩专区发布| 日韩国产精品无码一区二区三区| 天天看片天天av免费观看| 亚洲欧美日韩在线码| 我趁老师睡觉摸她奶脱她内裤| 一区二区三区四区五区自拍 | 国产va免费精品观看精品| 荡乳尤物h| 九九re线精品视频在线观看视频 | 国产精品午夜福利资源| 伊人久久大香线蕉aⅴ色| 国产精品国产三级国快看| 亚洲精品中文字幕日本|