<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Earthquake: Search for survivors calls off
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-10-15 09:04

          Rescue workers abandoned the search Friday for survivors trapped in the rubble of last week's earthquake, though individual efforts continued, with an 18-month-old girl pulled out alive from the ruins of her home.


          Pakistani rescue workers remove a dead body from rubble of 10-story apartment building that collapsed in the 7.6 magnitude earthquake a day earlier, Sunday, Oct. 9, 2005 in Islamabad, Pakistan.  [AP]

          A top U.N. official warned that reconstruction of the devastated region will cost billions of dollars and take up to a decade, and the United Nations increased its appeal for quake aid to $312 million. Weather forecasters said heavy rains expected in the quake zone this weekend could disrupt efforts to provide food and shelter to an estimated 2 million people ahead of the harsh Himalayan winter.

          With Pakistan's death toll from the Oct. 8 earthquake estimated at more than 35,000, Jan Egeland, the U.N. undersecretary-general and emergency relief coordinator, said the search-and-rescue phase was now over. "It's a cruel reality. But after a week, very few people survive," he said.

          Still, a doctor, Mazhar Hussain, told Pakistan's GEO television and the British Broadcasting Corp. that his rescue team had pulled the toddler, unconscious but alive, from under the door of her collapsed house, which had protected her. Her mother and two brothers were found dead nearby, but her father survived.

          "Her right hand is broken and she has a fracture in her left leg," he said on GEO, speaking from Balimang in the North-West Frontier Province, where the girl was found.

          Egeland, who traveled to hard-hit areas, said he feared bottlenecks of relief supplies.

          "If we don't work together, we will become a disaster within a disaster," he said. He said it would take billions of dollars and "five to 10 years" to rebuild.

          With few survivors expected, the focus of the U.N. shifted to the relief operation.
          Page: 123



          Franz Muentefering to be German vice chancellor
          Soyuz space capsule lands
          Japanese parliament's lower house passes postal reform bills
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Shenzhou VI fine-tunes orbit on the third day in space

           

             
           

          Ministry: Big differences with US remain

           

             
           

          Substantial results expected at G-20 meet

           

             
           

          Tibet rail construction completed

           

             
           

          Snow advises to save less, spend more

           

             
           

          China reports 126,808 HIV/AIDS cases

           

             
            Blackout, attacks mar eve of Iraq vote
             
            Earthquake: Search for survivors calls off
             
            HP recalls 135,000 laptop battery packs
             
            Ousted Ecuador leader arrested upon return
             
            Russian troops comb city for militants
             
            WHO urges calm over new bird flu discovery
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Pakistan: Whole generation lost in quake
             
          South Asia earthquake kills at least 30,000
             
          Quake kills more than 19,000 in South Asia
             
          Quake jolted South Asia, killing more than 30,000 people
             
          Quake kills more than 18,000 in South Asia
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产尤物精品人妻在线| 国产亚洲亚洲国产一二区| 亚洲中文字幕无码av正片| 久久精品亚洲日本波多野结衣| 91久久青草精品38国产| 精品国产乱子伦一区二区三区| 亚洲免费观看一区二区三区| 蜜臀av一区二区三区日韩| 国产无遮挡免费真人视频在线观看| 久久国产国内精品国语对白| 欧美福利电影A在线播放| 99在线精品国自产拍中文字幕| 亚洲真人无码永久在线| 野外做受三级视频| 久久精品国产6699国产精 | 亚洲精品一区二区三区片| 大地资源免费视频观看| 亚洲av在线观看| 欧美国产精品不卡在线观看| 久久中文字幕综合不卡一二区| 亚洲深深色噜噜狠狠网站| 久久伊人精品影院一本到综合| 美女精品黄色淫秽片网站| 乱码中文字幕| 国产精品一区二区久久毛片| 日韩中文字幕精品人妻| 亚洲成人资源在线观看| 伊人久久精品无码麻豆一区| 无码欧亚熟妇人妻AV在线外遇 | 日韩免费无码视频一区二区三区| 中年国产丰满熟女乱子正在播放| 亚洲欧洲av人一区二区| 另类 专区 欧美 制服| 久章草在线毛片视频播放| 成年女人碰碰碰视频播放| 亚洲国产精品乱码一区二区| 天堂网国产| 久久无码字幕中文久久无码| 久久婷婷色综合一区二区| 国产主播精品福利午夜二区| 成人国产激情福利久久精品|