<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>China
                 
           

          Five on trial over Chinese cockler deaths
          (Reuters)
          Updated: 2005-09-20 09:06

          A suspected Chinese gangmaster went on trial for manslaughter on Monday over the deaths of 21 illegal immigrants, drowned as they gathered shellfish on mudflats off the northern English coast, the Reuters reported.

          A suspected Chinese gangmaster went on trial for manslaughter on Monday over the deaths of 21 illegal immigrants, drowned as they gathered shellfish on mudflats off the northern English coast, the Reuters reported.
          Zhao Xiaoqing arrives at Preston Crown Court on September 15. [AFP]
          The deaths last year highlighted the plight of immigrant -- and often illegal -- labour working in conditions close to slavery and unable to appeal for protection under laws.

          Chinese national Lin Liang Ren is charged with 21 counts of manslaughter and assisting illegal entry.

          Two other Chinese nationals, Zhao Xiao Qing and Lin Mu Yong, and two Britons, a father and son both named David Anthony Eden, are on trial on charges of assisting illegal entry. All five have pleaded not guilty.

          "It is the prosecution case that their deaths were caused by the criminal negligence of the defendant Lin Liang Ren," said lead prosecutor Timothy Holroyde as he opened the case.

          "He was the gangmaster controlling the cocklepickers, he was responsible for them and he had completely failed to take proper care for their safety as they worked in the cold and dark," he added. He said Lin had fled the scene and given a false name when questioned later by police.

          The 21 Chinese men and women aged between 18 and 45 were caught by a fast rising tide and drowned when gathering cockles in Morecambe Bay some 200 miles northwest of London in February 2004.

          Holroyde said all 21 who died, as well as others who survived, were illegal immigrants who had been aided by all five defendants in living and obtaining work in Britain illegally.

          The bodies of the 21 -- all but one from Fujian province -- were flown back to China for burial last November. Two other Chinese people are missing and presumed dead, although their bodies have not been found.

          BEAUTIFUL BUT DEADLY

          Morecambe Bay is beautiful but deadly, with fast rising tides and quicksands. Tourists are advised to hire local guides, and even fishermen well-versed in its secrets have lost horses and tractors sucked down into the sands.

          The bay is said to hold millions of pounds worth of cockles, a small mollusc in big demand in southern Europe as a delicacy.

          Prices have shot up to 1,500 pounds per tonne from 200-300 pounds in recent years after mechanical harvesting was banned in the Netherlands, which was Europe's only other supplier apart from England.

          But the high prices have also caused a cockle-picking gold rush and with it rampant lawlessness.

          "At these levels you get every hoodlum under the sun having a field day, and there is a big element of intimidation in this," said cockle factory owner Rory Parsons.

          Some of the gatherers are independent locals who can make a lot of money very quickly.

          But some gathering is done by gangs of illegal immigrants deeply in debt to the criminals who smuggled them into the country and forced to work for a pittance while the smugglers and their allies pocket the profits.

          Unlike many cockle beds, which are regulated with clear open and closed seasons, Morecambe Bay is open to all comers.

          The trial is expected to last up to four months.



          Taiwan scholar Li Ao arrives in Beijing
          Heavy rains in Jinan
          Flight competition in Hangzhou
            Today's Top News     Top China News
           

          N. Korea agrees to abandon nuclear weapon efforts

           

             
           

          PBOC: Economy too much export-driven

           

             
           

          UN warned on abuse of intervention right

           

             
           

          White House invites China for G-7 talks

           

             
           

          China shares rise on restructuring hopes

           

             
           

          172 affected in Fujian cholera outbreak

           

             
            China shares rise on restructuring hopes
             
            China approves new GMO cotton to raise output
             
            Starbucks announces $5 million fund in China
             
            Yang Liwei won't be on second manned flight
             
            Li Ao ready for mainland tour
             
            China's new North Korea proposal praised
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            It is time to prepare for Beijing - 2008  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 欧美孕妇乳喷奶水在线观看| 丰满少妇内射一区| 一区二区三区鲁丝不卡| 国产av无码专区亚洲aⅴ| 好男人社区影视在线WWW| 国产性生大片免费观看性| 不卡一区二区国产精品| 99偷拍视频精品一区二区| 日本成人午夜一区二区三区| 一本大道久久香蕉成人网| 五月综合网亚洲乱妇久久| 人妻在线无码一区二区三区| 精品一区二区三区色噜噜| 久久中文字幕一区二区| 日韩精品中文字幕综合| 国产精品亚洲中文字幕| 91精品国产综合久久精品| 一区二区三区自拍偷拍视频| 老司机性色福利精品视频| 4480yy亚洲午夜私人影院剧情| 99在线精品免费视频九九视| 偷拍美女厕所尿尿嘘嘘小便| 亚洲欧美中文日韩V日本| 日本最新免费二区三区| 日韩av日韩av在线| 在线观看特色大片免费视频| 中文字幕在线精品人妻| 精品亚洲国产成人蜜臀av| 国产精品一区二区在线欢| 亚洲中文无码av永久app| 国产成人精品亚洲午夜麻豆| 亚洲av二区国产精品| 国产精品内射在线免费看| 午夜在线不卡| 久久这里都是精品二| 午夜色无码大片在线观看免费| 国产成人一区二区三区视频免费| 精品国产av最大网站| 日本亚洲欧洲另类图片| 国产SUV精品一区二区88L| 亚洲国产精品无码中文字|