<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Fuel price protests spark petrol panic buying around Britain
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-09-14 17:12

          Protestors against high fuel prices began three days of demonstrations at oil refineries and petrol stations in Britain, a plan that has already triggered panic fuel buying nationwide.

          Memories of a similar protest in 2000 have driven many motorists to their local petrol pump in recent days to fill up their cars, leaving some stations dry and suppliers struggling to meet the surging demand.

          The UK Petroleum Industry Association (UKPIA), which represents energy giants such as Shell, BP, Esso and Total, said members had seen a week's worth of demand in one day on Tuesday, but insisted there was no need to panic.

          UKPIA director general Chris Hunt said the number of tankers delivering fuel to the forecourts had been increased and there was "absolutely no problem" with fuel supply.

          Prime Minister Tony Blair's government is also urging people to stay calm as there is no actual shortage of supply.

          Groups such as hauliers and farmers have long complained about the level of fuel duties in Britain, which are among the highest in the world.

          Following recent price increases on the global oil markets, motorists at British garages are now paying out around one pound (1.5 euros, 1.8 dollars) per litre of unleaded fuel.

          On Tuesday, Chancellor of the Exchequer Gordon Brown called for concerted international efforts to curb oil price rises, although he has refused to consider any reduction in fuel duties.

          Similar protests five years ago saw refineries and storage depots blockaded by trucks, causing long queues for motorists to buy petrol, a major embarrassment for Blair.

          But the new protests, again organised by a loose coalition of hauliers and farmers, which officially began at 6:00 am (0500 GMT) on Wednesday, looked likely to have far less of an impact.

          Andrew Spence, leader of the Fuel Lobby and a veteran of the demonstrations in 2000, was joined by only around a dozen protesters outside a Shell refinery in Jarrow, northeast England.

          He and other organisers have said that there are no plans to block fuel deliveries, but he insisted Wednesday morning that the protests were having an impact.

          "We have achieved a lot in the last four or five days, the government is on the back foot yet again, and that is without even coming to the refineries," he told reporters.

          At other refineries and depots considered likely targets for protests, there was no sign of disruption early Wednesday.

          Other demonstrations include a planned "go-slow" on the M4 motorway through Wales on Friday, where participants will slow the major highway down to a sedate 20 miles (32 kilometres) per hour.

          But in a sign that the protests will be less disruptive than previously, one group that played a leading part in the 2000 rallies, Farmers for Action, said it would not participate this time.

          David Handley, founder of Farmers for Action, said he would not be taking part in any of the protests as he did not believe demonstrations would make any difference this time in changing government policy.



          Afghanistan's President calls for increased support
          Hurricane Ophelia
          US Chief Justice nominee John Roberts sworn in
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          President Hu: China to work with US on trade gap

           

             
           

          China may raise cap on foreign investment

           

             
           

          UN refuses Taiwan's representation

           

             
           

          Wave of violence kills 97 in Baghdad

           

             
           

          Chinese group buys Ecuador oil assets

           

             
           

          North Korea digs in as nuclear talks resume

           

             
            US, North Korea to meet one-on-one during nuclear talks
             
            Wave of violence kills 97 in Baghdad
             
            Louisiana deaths at 423; facility owners charged
             
            4th draft could lead to agreement - Hill
             
            Bush seeks China, Russia help on Iran
             
            Gitmo interrogators face accusations
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 在线中文字幕国产一区| 久久亚洲色www成人| 四虎国产精品永久免费网址| 超频97人妻在线视频| 日韩中文字幕av有码| 国产精品一区二区久久| 加勒比中文字幕无码一区| 日韩激情成人| 又大又硬又爽免费视频| 亚洲欧美自偷自拍视频图片| 亚洲国产精品一区第二页| 免费十八禁一区二区三区| 中文字幕少妇人妻精品| 日韩一区二区三区在线观院| 免费黄色大全一区二区三区| 色偷偷女人的天堂亚洲网| 亚洲中文精品一区二区| 无码日韩精品91超碰| 久久精品丝袜高跟鞋| 亚洲国产成人久久一区久久| www插插插无码免费视频网站| 一边捏奶头一边高潮视频| 国产精品久久久久影院嫩草| 扒开腿挺进岳湿润的花苞视频| 极品人妻少妇一区二区三区| 日韩精品毛片一区到三区| 亚洲精品国产老熟女久久| 国产精品无码av不卡| 护士张开腿被奷日出白浆| 婷婷色婷婷深深爱播五月| 日本亚洲欧洲无免费码在线| 精品久久久久久无码专区| 日本乱人伦AⅤ精品| 国产精品自在自线免费观看| 日韩精品人妻黄色一级片| 四虎国产精品永久在线下载| 国产AV无码专区亚洲AV漫画| 亚洲精品国偷自产在线99正片| 日韩激情一区二区三区| 国内久久婷婷精品人双人| 亚洲黄色一级片在线观看|