<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Iraqi military: 200 insurgents arrested
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-09-08 20:15

          U.S. and Iraqi forces have encircled the insurgent stronghold of Tal Afar, and Iraqi authorities on Thursday announced the arrest of 200 suspected insurgents there — most of them foreign fighters.

          The Iraqi military said 150 of those arrested Wednesday in this town near the Syrian border were Arabs from Syria, Sudan, Yemen and Jordan.

          The joint forces have reported heavy battles on the outskirts of the city and several deadly bombings that have mainly killed civilians. Iraqi authorities reported most of the civilian population had fled the city, which is 260 miles north of Baghdad and about 35 miles from the Syrian border.

          "Our forces arrested 150 non-Iraqi Arabs yesterday in addition to 50 Iraqi terrorists with fake documents as they were trying to flee the city with the (civilian) families," said Iraqi army Capt. Mohammed Ahmed.

          "We ordered the families to evacuate the Sunni neighborhood of Sarai, which is believed to be the main stronghold of the insurgents," Ahmed said

          Eight civilians were killed in the city Wednesday by a suicide car bomber at an Iraqi checkpoint, he said.

          Tal Afar is 90 percent Turkmen, and 70 percent of them are Sunnis. After the ouster of Saddam Hussein, the United States installed a largely Shiite leadership in the city, including the mayor and much of the police force.

          The Sunni majority has complained of oppression by the government and have turned to the insurgents — who are mainly Sunnis — for protection.

          Early Thursday, a militant Web site carried a videotape showing the destruction of a U.S. Bradley Fighting Vehicle in Tal Afar. The video, emblazoned with the logo of al-Qaida in Iraq, claimed the armored vehicle was struck by a roadside bomb.

          The military issued no immediate response to the claim. The militant video did not say if there were casualties, although the force of the blast would suggest there had been. There were several large explosions of ordnance in the tank after the initial blast.

          Twenty miles south of Baghdad, police Thursday reported finding 14 unidentified bodies near the farming town of Mahmoudiya. "All the bodies are in civilian clothes and have no identification documents," said Lt. Adnan Abdullah of the Mahmoudiya police. They had been shot to death, he said.

          Two more decomposing bodies, blindfolded and handcuffed, were found on the outskirts of Baghdad, near a sewage plant, police said.

          On Wednesday, the U.S. military, acting on a tip, raided an isolated farmhouse outside Baghdad and rescued an American businessman held hostage for 10 months. The kidnappers, who had kept their captive bound and gagged.

          Roy Hallums, 57, was "in good condition and is receiving medical care," a military statement said after U.S. forces freed him and an unidentified Iraqi from the farmhouse 15 miles south of Baghdad.

          Lt. Col. Steven A. Boylan, a U.S. military spokesman, said the tipster whose information led to Hallums' release was captured just a few hours before the operation.

          Hallums, formerly of Newport Beach, Calif., was kidnapped at gunpoint from his office in the Mansour district of Baghdad on Nov. 1, 2004. At the time, he was working for the Saudi Arabian Trading and Construction Co., supplying food to the Iraqi army. The kidnappers also seized a Filipino, a Nepalese and three Iraqis, but later freed them.

          "Considering what he's been through, I understand he's in good condition," said Hallums' ex-wife, Susan Hallums, 53, of Corona, Calif.

          The family Web site was topped with a headline: Roy IS FREE!!!!!! 9/7/05.

          More than 200 foreigners have been abducted in Iraq since the war began in March 2003; more than 30 have been killed.

          The rescue coincided with two deadly bombings detonated around the southern city of Basra. A roadside bomb killed four private American security agents working for the State Department Bureau of Diplomatic Security. And an Interior Ministry official said 16 people were killed and 21 were injured in a car bombing at a restaurant in a central market.

          The bombing was noteworthy because attacks against Americans around Basra, Iraq's second-largest city, are rare. The U.S. has only a minimal presence in the area. Also, Shiites, who are the dominant population in the south, have found themselves the political winners as new government structures take shape after the U.S.-led invasion.

          In a statement posted on a Web site known as a clearing house of militant claims, al-Qaida in Iraq claimed responsibility for the attack.

          The car bombing later Wednesday at a takeout restaurant in a central Basra market killed 16 and wounded 21, said an Interior Ministry official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk to reporters.

          The felafel restaurant is in the Hayaniyah district market, a Shiite section of the city, Basra police Lt. Col. Karim al-Zaidi said. Two police vehicles and several nearby shops were destroyed in the blast.

          Despite a peaceful postwar history in the south, violence has spiked in the past two months with attacks on Britons.

          Also Wednesday, an official of the court that will try Saddam Hussein discounted a claim by Iraq's president that the former leader had admitted wrongdoing in a confession to mass killings and other crimes during his rule.

          In an Iraqi television interview aired Tuesday, President Jalal Talabani, a Kurd, said Saddam had confessed he ordered the killing of more than 180,000 Kurds in the north of the country in the late 1980s.

          The official of the Iraq Special Tribunal, which will put Saddam on trial Oct. 19, said Saddam made a statement last month, but did not confess to criminal activity. The former dictator "boastfully" acknowledged a campaign against the Kurds in 1987-88.

          "He said it was legal and justified," according to the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the case.

          Saddam has charged that Iraqi Kurds — part of a disaffected ethnic minority that is spread across northern Iraq, Iran, Turkey and Syria — were aiding the enemy in Iraq's eight-year war against Iran. Millions died in the conflict, which Saddam started.



          Germany's Chancellor Gerhard Schroeder campaigning
          Rescue continues in New Orleans
          Egyptian presidential election campaigns conclude
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Siberian oil pipeline to go to China first: Putin

           

             
           

          N. Korea nuclear talks to resume Sept 13

           

             
           

          President Hu due in Canada for visit

           

             
           

          Japanese encephalitis kills 53 in India

           

             
           

          Vice-premier: Economy to grow 9% this year

           

             
           

          China, US smash Viagra counterfeiting case

           

             
            Saddam did not confess to mass killings - lawyer
             
            North Korea demands withdrawal of US troops from South
             
            Typhoon Nabi leaves 32 dead or missing in Japan
             
            Egypt's historic presidential poll ends smoothly
             
            Police, soldiers work to empty New Orleans
             
            Saddam reportedly defends attack on Kurds
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲综合色区无码专区| 久久久免费精品国产色夜| 一区二区三区久久精品国产| 999精品视频在线| 免费激情网址| 日韩人妻一区中文字幕| 黄色特级片一区二区三区 | 丰满人妻一区二区三区高清精品| 国产精品99久久久久久宅男| 精品国偷自产在线视频99| 中文字幕网久久三级乱| 国产午夜亚洲精品福利| 久久精品国产午夜福利伦理| 国产精品老熟女露脸视频| 亚洲丰满熟女一区二区v| 精品熟女日韩中文十区| 中文字幕有码无码AV| 精品黑人一区二区三区| 精品人妻中文字幕在线| 国产目拍亚洲精品一区二区| 亚洲成色精品一二三区| 久久国产精品久久国产精品| 网友偷拍视频一区二区三区| 亚洲中文字幕av天堂| 亚洲第一二三区日韩国产| 亚洲高清国产拍精品熟女| 骚虎视频在线观看| 亚洲国产成人一区二区在线| 国产免费AV片在线看| 亚洲色大成网站WWW尤物 | 欧美成人h亚洲综合在线观看| 做暖暖视频在线看片免费 | 亚洲精品v欧美精品动漫精品| 色综合色综合综合综合综合| 国产日韩欧美亚洲精品95| 中文字幕日韩精品国产| 日韩在线视频线观看一区| 国产精品久久久久7777| 91麻精品国产91久久久久| 伊人久久久av老熟妇色| 91老肥熟女九色老女人|