<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Official: Saddam's trial to begin in October
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-09-02 08:59

          Iraqi authorities plan to put Saddam Hussein on trial within five days after the Oct. 15 referendum on the new constitution, an official close to the proceedings said Thursday, AP reported. 

          The official spoke after government spokesman Laith Kubba announced that Iraq had carried out its first executions since Saddam was ousted in 2003. Three men were hanged at 10 a.m. in a Baghdad prison for murdering three policemen.

          U.S. officials scrapped the death penalty in 2003 but Iraqi authorities reinstated it after the transfer of sovereignty so they would have the option of executing Saddam if he is convicted of crimes committed during his regime.

          "Saddam's trial will start right after the October referendum between Oct. 16 and at the latest Oct. 20," the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to make the official announcement.

          European Union countries have distanced themselves from legal proceedings against Saddam, refusing to provide forensic and other assistance, because of the prospect that Saddam may be put to death.

          A handout photograph released by the Iraqi Special Tribunal on August 23, 2005 shows former Iraqi president Saddam Hussein (R) being questioned by Chief Investigative Judge Ra'id Juhi at an undisclosed location.
          A handout photograph released by the Iraqi Special Tribunal on August 23, 2005 shows former Iraqi president Saddam Hussein (R) being questioned by Chief Investigative Judge Ra'id Juhi at an undisclosed location. [Reuters/file]
          Iraqi authorities plan a series of trials for specific alleged offenses rather than lumping them together. The first trial will focus on the alleged massacre of hundreds of Shiites in Dujail in 1982 following a failed assassination attempt on Saddam.

          Separate trials are expected for the gassing of Kurds at Halabja and the 1991 suppression of the Shiite uprising in the south, officials said.

          The government announced Aug. 17 that the three men hanged Thursday had been sentenced to death by a court in Kut last May. The government statement said they also were convicted of kidnapping and rape.

          In this photo released by Iraqi Special Tribunial ousted President Saddam Hussein, is seen being questioned by Chief Investigative Judge Raid Juhi(unseen).
          In this photo released by Iraqi Special Tribunial ousted President Saddam Hussein, is seen being questioned by Chief Investigative Judge Raid Juhi(unseen). [AFP/file]
          "It was a difficult decision because we are living in a democratic atmosphere," the government spokesman said. "This is the highest punishment taken against people who have conducted assassinations, and it aims at deterring criminals from going too far in their crimes."

          Iraqi officials say about seven other people, including one woman, have been sentenced to death. Their cases are under review or appeal.

          Death sentences must be approved by the three-member presidential council headed by President Jalal Talabani, who opposes capital punishment. Talabani refused to sign the authorization himself but his office said he let one of his vice presidents, Adil Abdul-Mahdi, do so for him.



          Hurricane Katrina batters US
          Pakistani, Indian officials meet for peace
          Death toll of Baghdad bridge stampede nears 1,000
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Tibet sees forty years of marked progress

           

             
           

          New Orleans in anarchy with fights, rapes

           

             
           

          Typhoon pounds Fujian, forcing evacuation

           

             
           

          Foreign missile umbrella on Taiwan opposed

           

             
           

          Video: Al-Qaida behind London blasts

           

             
           

          Numerous pacts for EU-China summit

           

             
            Official: Saddam's trial to begin in October
             
            New Orleans in anarchy with fights, rapes
             
            Video: Al-Qaida behind London blasts
             
            US poverty rate was up last year
             
            Kazakh president pledges 'free, fair' upcoming vote
             
            Israel aims to quit Gaza by September 15 - sources
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Talabani won't sign Saddam death sentence
             
          Saddam in court, confirms legal team sacked
             
          Saddam says to sacrifice life for Arab cause
             
          Saddam could be executed after first trial
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲国产成人久久77| 一区二区久久精品66国产精品| 一区二区三区四区高清自拍 | 国产精品成人午夜福利| 国产精品老熟女乱一区二区| 精品无码国产一区二区三区AV | 午夜成人无码免费看网站| 中文字幕久久精品一区二区三区| 国产仑乱无码内谢| 中国国内新视频在线不卡免费看| 精品人妻一区二区三区蜜臀| 国产91小视频在线观看| 人妻体内射精一区二区三四| 亚洲亚洲人成综合网络| 日本边添边摸边做边爱| 国产初高中生在线视频| 91精品国产免费久久久久久| 欧美极品色午夜在线视频| 国产白丝网站精品污在线入口| 国产成人啪精品午夜网站| 18禁黄无码免费网站高潮| 国产亚洲精品综合一区二区 | 亚洲人妻一区二区精品| 久久久久免费看少妇高潮A片| 好男人在线观看免费播放| 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜2020老熟妇| 国产普通话刺激视频在线播放| 无套内射视频囯产| 天天躁夜夜躁狠狠综合| 天堂亚洲免费视频| 国内精品伊人久久久久7777| 日韩精品久久一区二区三| 三上悠亚ssⅰn939无码播放| 国产一区二区不卡精品视频 | 亚洲日本国产精品一区| 精品久久人人做爽综合| 精品久久久久久无码不卡| 无码人妻一区二区三区四区AV| 成人精品视频在线观看播放| 久久亚洲2019中文字幕| 蜜桃无码一区二区三区|