<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Taliban commander killed in southern Afghanistan - US military
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-08-29 16:53

          U.S.-led coalition and Afghan forces have killed a suspected Taliban commander responsible for numerous rocket attacks, ambushes and other guerrilla-style assaults in southern Afghanistan, a U.S. military spokesman said Monday.

          Payenda Mohammed, who was thought to have led about 150 rebels, was killed along with three other militants in a fierce battle in Kandahar province Wednesday, said Col. James Yonts. Some 15 other insurgents were wounded.

          An assessment of the number of militants killed was continuing.

          During the battle, A-10 warplanes and attack helicopters were called in to bomb caves along a ridge where the militants had sought shelter. After the fighting, vehicles and weapons were found stashed in the caves, Yonts said.

          No Afghan or coalition troops were wounded in the fighting, he said.

          Afghan and coalition forces have stepped up attacks in recent months in an attempt to prevent the Taliban from subverting landmark legislative elections on September 18. Hundreds of suspected rebels have been killed.

          On Sunday, Afghan President Hamid Karzai said he was confident the elections will be peaceful.

          "There will be threats ... but that would not deter the Afghan people from participating. We will soon have a parliament," Karzai told reporters in Kabul.

          But other Afghan officials, as well as U.S. authorities, have warned that the violence may worsen ahead of the elections, the next key step toward democracy after a quarter-century of fighting.

          American military commanders have prepared elaborate security plans to safeguard the voting, saying Taliban rebels are throwing all their resources into disrupting the polls.

          Last week, militants attacked a U.S. military convoy 40 kilometers (25 miles) east of Kabul, wounding three American soldiers, a U.S. military statement said Sunday.

          Attacks on the U.S. military so close to Kabul are rare and Friday's assault occurred less than a week after a roadside bomb in the capital exploded near a convoy of U.S. Embassy vehicles, wounding two American staff members.

          In southern Uruzgan province on Sunday, gunmen ambushed a parliamentary candidate, Adiq Ullah, as he was driving, killing him and wounding two others in his vehicle, said provincial Gov. Jan Mohammed Khan.

          He blamed the Taliban for the murder. Security forces pursued the insurgents, but they escaped, the governor said.

          Ullah's killing brings to four the number of candidates killed so far in the lead-up to the polls. Four election workers have also been murdered and several election offices have been rocketed.



          Japanese PM launches general election campaign
          Katrina slams US Gulf Coast, oil rigs adrift
          Japan's 6 parties square off in TV debate
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          President Hu Jintao: Gender equality crucial

           

             
           

          Special grants offered to poor students

           

             
           

          EU takes steps to unblock China textiles

           

             
           

          Farmers sue county for illegal land use

           

             
           

          Search for 123 trapped miners suspended

           

             
           

          Hurricane Katrina rocks New Orleans

           

             
            Bush promises post-storm help for victims
             
            Sharon: Not all settlements in final deal
             
            Hurricane Katrina rocks New Orleans
             
            Sri Lanka PM focuses on ending civil war
             
            Musharraf warns Pakistan Islamic schools
             
            Katrina may cost insurers $25 bln
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久国内精品自在自线91| 女人高潮抽搐喷液30分钟视频| 蜜臀av一区二区三区在线| 久久99精品国产99久久6尤物| 亚洲国产日韩a在线播放| 诱人的老师hd中文字幕| 韩国理伦片年轻邻居2| 国产高清在线不卡一区| 中文字幕人妻精品在线| 亚洲精品一区国产| 精品国产中文字幕第一页| 日日猛噜噜狠狠扒开双腿小说| 国产suv精品一区二区五| 亚洲欧美综合精品成人导航 | 亚洲码国产精品高潮在线| 人妻人人妻a乱人伦青椒视频| 久久se精品一区精品二区国产| 日本一区不卡高清更新二区 | 亚洲国产精品久久久天堂麻豆宅男 | 精品无码人妻一区二区三区不卡| 亚洲欧美综合中文| 狼狼狼色精品视频在线播放| 99亚洲男女激情在线观看| 久久大香萑太香蕉av| 日本欧美一区二区三区在线播放 | 九九视频热最新在线视频| 国产播放91色在线观看| 久久96热人妻偷产精品| 午夜一区二区三区视频| 蜜桃一区二区三区在线看| 亚洲国产成人av在线观看| 国产日产免费高清欧美一区| 5555国产在线观看| 久久国内精品自在自线91| 亚洲AV无码AV在线影院| 欧美丰满少妇xxxx性| 特级欧美AAAAAAA免费观看| 色吊丝二区三区中文写幕| 国产成人午夜福利在线观看| 粉嫩小泬无遮挡久久久久久| 日韩精品成人区中文字幕|