<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Iran: No fears of UN Security Council action
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-08-27 11:36

          Iran hopes talks with Europe on easing tensions over Tehran's nuclear ambitions are not dead, but does not fear the threat of U.N. Security Council action if it continues activities linked to uranium enrichment, the country's top negotiator said Friday, reported the Associated Press.

          "With the power it enjoys in the region, there is no way that Iran can be worried about the threat of the Security Council," the envoy, Ali Larijani, said of the possibility of referral at an upcoming board meeting of the International Atomic Energy Agency.

          Any referral to the Security Council carries the threat of sanctions.

          Larijani also said South Africa was one of "several" countries that has responded positively to his call to expand talks on his country's nuclear program beyond the three European nations most recently negotiating with Tehran. "South Africa was actively interested," Larijani told reporters, without elaborating.

          The envoy, who is considered a hardline backer of his country's right to the full nuclear cycle, said he hoped his country would present new ideas within a month aimed at reducing suspicions about Tehran's agenda.

          Larijani, who on Thursday called on other nations besides France, Germany and Britain to open talks with his country on its nuclear program, said he hoped the negotiations with the "European Three" would continue nonetheless.

          "We never close the door on negotiations," he said. "I have not come to the conclusion that the European capacity ... has already been exhausted" in finding a solution that permits Iran to exercise its right to enrich uranium while dispelling suspicions about what it plans to do with the material produced, he added.

          Tehran says its program is only aimed at producing electricity and insists it has the right under the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty to build a uranium development program.

          Uranium is enriched by turning the raw ore into gas, which is then spun in centrifuges. Enriched to a low level, it can be used as fuel for a reactor; at a high level, it can be used for a bomb.

          On Thursday, Larijani called for more countries to join the three European nations in talks about its nuclear program, apparently hoping to bring in more sympathetic negotiators. The surprise call was part of Tehran's drive to win approval for what it says will be peaceful use of nuclear power.

          The talks suffered a blow earlier this month when Iran rejected the Europeans' central proposal _ an offer of economic incentives in return for permanently giving up uranium development. Tehran also resumed uranium conversion at its plant in the central city of Isfahan.

          Bringing other nations into the negotiations would likely weaken what has been an unusually unified front by Europe and the United States, pressuring Iran to accept limits to its nuclear program.

          Larijani spoke after meeting with IAEA head Mohamed ElBaradei for discussions focusing on his country's decision to resume uranium conversion despite international pressure not to do so.

          Diplomats say a report being prepared by ElBaradei for the September 19 meeting of the IAEA's board of governors, will disclose new details on Tehran's experiments with small amounts of plutonium, a key component of nuclear weapons.

          Larijani acknowledged that "there are a number of areas where the agency (still) had questions" relating to its three-year investigation of Iran's nuclear program prompted by the discovery of nearly two decades of illicit activities _ including some with possible weapons applications.

          The United States, which accuses Iran of seeking to develop atomic weapons, dismissed Iran's suggestion for more countries to join the talks as a "typical tactic of the Iranian government designed to change the subject."

          Europe also responded coolly to Larijani's call.

          Britain's Foreign Office said there was "no basis for negotiation with Iran until they respond" to an IAEA resolution adopted earlier this month that calls on Iran to suspend reprocessing activities at the Isfahan plant. The EU countries called off a negotiating session scheduled for August 31 because of the resumption of work there.

          French Foreign Ministry spokesman Jean-Baptiste Mattei said France, Britain and Germany were not really alone in the talks with Tehran since they were acting on behalf of the 25-nation European Union.

          Iran's new ultraconservative president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, said this week his government would draw up new proposals for negotiations. Iranian officials have made clear they expect the talks to focus on allowing Tehran to proceed with its program while setting up guarantees to ensure it is not developing weapons.

          In Vienna, Larijani said he expected Ahmadinejad's initiative to be ready within a month.



          Japanese PM launches general election campaign
          Katrina slams US Gulf Coast, oil rigs adrift
          Japan's 6 parties square off in TV debate
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          President Hu Jintao: Gender equality crucial

           

             
           

          Special grants offered to poor students

           

             
           

          EU takes steps to unblock China textiles

           

             
           

          Farmers sue county for illegal land use

           

             
           

          Search for 123 trapped miners suspended

           

             
           

          Hurricane Katrina rocks New Orleans

           

             
            Bush promises post-storm help for victims
             
            Sharon: Not all settlements in final deal
             
            Hurricane Katrina rocks New Orleans
             
            Sri Lanka PM focuses on ending civil war
             
            Musharraf warns Pakistan Islamic schools
             
            Katrina may cost insurers $25 bln
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 另类国产精品一区二区| 日本亚洲一区二区精品久久| 亚洲一区二区三区国产精品| 无码人妻视频一区二区三区| 91麻豆精品国产91久| 中文字幕无码免费久久| 日本视频高清一道一区| 久久精品国产99久久久古代| 视频一区二区不中文字幕| 日本高清在线播放一区二区三区 | 日韩午夜福利片段在线观看 | 中文字幕日韩有码av| 老鸭窝在线视频| 黑人巨茎大战俄罗斯美女| 久久香蕉国产线看观看怡红院妓院| 国产精品护士| 91亚洲国产成人久久精| 99久久国产综合精品成人影院| 国产成人久久精品二区三区| 天堂久久久久VA久久久久| 日韩在线观看精品亚洲| 男女啪啪高潮激烈免费版| 中文字幕日韩一区二区不卡| 国产又爽又黄又爽又刺激 | 亚洲最大福利视频网| 久久一级精品久熟女人妻| 亚洲国产成人无码AV在线影院L| 国产成人精品一区二区秒拍1o | 国内久久婷婷精品人双人| 2020国产成人精品视频| 国内精品久久久久影院蜜芽| 无码刺激a片一区二区三区| 亚洲欧洲一区二区天堂久久| 国产成人精品97| 亚洲欧洲日韩久久狠狠爱| a级国产乱理伦片在线观看al| 成人精品区| 欧美成人h精品网站| 色爱综合激情五月激情| 国产老妇伦国产熟女老妇高清 | 裸体女人亚洲精品一区|