<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          London police deny report of compensation offer for slain Brazilian
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-08-20 17:54

          The family of a Brazilian man killed by officers who mistook him for a terrorist said they have rejected a US$1 million compensation offer from London's police force, a newspaper reported Saturday.London's Metropolitan Police denied making such an offer, reported AP.

          Jean Charles de Menezes, 27, was shot by undercover police who followed him onto a subway train on July 22, two weeks after four suicide bombers killed themselves and 52 other people on the London subway system.

          "We will not be bought off. We will not be silenced," the Daily Mail quoted the man's parents, Matozinho and Maria de Menezes, as saying.

          Metropolitan Police rejected the report. "The only discussions we have had so far with the family of Jean Charles de Menezes have been about initial expenses and we strongly refute any suggestion that a figure anywhere in the region of one million dollars has been offered as compensation," the force said in a statement Saturday.

          The Daily Mail said John Yates, deputy assistant commissioner of Metropolitan Police, made the initial offer of compensation during a visit to Brazil two weeks ago.

          "Money was being bandied about, but was not accepted," Yasmin Khan of the Justice4Jean campaign was quoted as saying.

          On Friday, a cousin of the slain man called for the resignation of Sir Ian Blair, the chief of the London force.

          "They have killed Jean and then told lies," Alessandro Pereira said, shedding tears at a nationally televised news conference in London.

          "For the sake of my family, for the sake of the people of London, in Jean's name I say that those responsible should resign. Ian Blair should resign," Pereira said, referring to the capital's Metropolitan Police commissioner.

          Blair, who apologized for the mistaken killing, has denied any police cover-up or trying to block the Independent Police Complaints Commission's investigation now under way.

          Blair said he had not resisted the investigation, but only sought advice from the Home Office on how secret intelligence would be dealt with, given that the police complaints commission had a duty to disclose all its findings to the victim's family.

          "What I actually said was we have a unique situation here. At that stage I, and my officers, thought the dead man was a suicide bomber," Blair said in an interview with British Broadcasting Corp. radio.

          "We are in the middle of the biggest counterterrorism operation, is it wise to bring another set of investigators into the middle of that?"

          Blair told the BBC that police took responsibility for Menezes' death, but he said while it was tragic it was just one death out of 57 _ including the four suicide bombers.

          "The context here is the largest criminal inquiry in English history with 52 innocent victims dead. ... We can't let that one tragic death outweigh all others," he said.

          Recently leaked documents from the official complaints commission investigation into Menezes' killing appear to contradict original statements by police that the Brazilian had been behaving suspiciously.

          On July 22, Blair told journalists that Menezes had failed to obey the instructions from the surveillance police who were following him as a suspected suicide bomber. In the heightened state of anxiety after the earlier terrorist attacks, witnesses reported that Menezes was wearing a heavy padded coat and jumped over ticket barriers at Stockwell subway station before bolting toward a train.

          The Metropolitan Police never contradicted those claims.

          However, the documents leaked to ITV News suggest that Menezes, an electrician, walked casually into the subway station and was wearing a light denim jacket.

          Brazil's government said it was "outraged" by the reports about Menezes' killing, and said it would send two officials to Britain to meet with police and the commission investigating the killing.



          Japanese PM launches general election campaign
          Katrina slams US Gulf Coast, oil rigs adrift
          Japan's 6 parties square off in TV debate
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          President Hu Jintao: Gender equality crucial

           

             
           

          Special grants offered to poor students

           

             
           

          EU takes steps to unblock China textiles

           

             
           

          Farmers sue county for illegal land use

           

             
           

          Search for 123 trapped miners suspended

           

             
           

          Hurricane Katrina rocks New Orleans

           

             
            Bush promises post-storm help for victims
             
            Sharon: Not all settlements in final deal
             
            Hurricane Katrina rocks New Orleans
             
            Sri Lanka PM focuses on ending civil war
             
            Musharraf warns Pakistan Islamic schools
             
            Katrina may cost insurers $25 bln
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          London police said to resist death probe
             
          Brazil "outraged" at new information on young man mistakenly killed in London
             
          London police officer ordered Brazilian to be taken alive
             
          Leaked documents in Brazilian's death allege London police error
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 日韩av无码精品人妻系列| 思思热在线视频精品| 26uuu另类亚洲欧美日本| 亚洲精品麻豆一二三区| 亚洲av日韩av中文高清性色| 思思久久96热在精品不卡| 国产精品国三级国产av| 国产午夜精品久久精品电影 | 人妻丰满熟妇av无码区| 国产一区二区三区九精品| 成在线人视频免费视频| A男人的天堂久久A毛片| 激情综合色区网激情五月| 乱人伦无码中文视频在线| 亚洲人成电影在线天堂色| 国产成人av一区二区三区不卡| 亚州中文字幕一区二区| 激情按摩系列片aaaa| 亚洲色大成网站www永久男同| 亚洲欧美日韩国产四季一区二区三区 | 超碰成人人人做人人爽| 最新国产AV最新国产在钱| 免费三A级毛片视频| 国产农村老熟女国产老熟女| 国产女人喷潮视频免费| 日本一区二区精品色超碰| 日本精品一区二区不卡| 欧美最猛性xxxxx国产一二区品| 18禁极品一区二区三区| 久久久一本精品99久久精品36| 亚洲综合中文字幕久久| 亚洲中文字幕久久精品品| 91久久偷偷做嫩草影院免费看| 狠狠色狠狠综合久久| 精品一卡2卡三卡4卡乱码精品视频| 丰满少妇内射一区| 日韩av日韩av在线| 蜜桃av亚洲精品一区二区| 国产午夜福利不卡在线观看| 国产精品v欧美精品∨日韩| 黑人av无码一区|