<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Pakistan planned crackdown before London bombings - British envoy
          (AFP)
          Updated: 2005-08-13 14:36

          Pakistan's President Pervez Musharraf had already planned to tackle extremists before the July 7 London bombings and did not do so under pressure from Britain, the British envoy to Islamabad said, AFP reported.

          Musharraf has ordered more than 800 militant suspects arrested in sweeping raids and told some 1,400 foreign madrassa students to leave Pakistan, sparking widespread anger across the country.

          "This crackdown was planned before 7 July. Maybe you didn't know about it but I knew about it on the 5th of July so there is not the connection that you are trying to make with the London bombings," British High Commissioner told Mark Lyall-Grant told a news conference.

          Pakistan's President Pervez Musharraf. [AFP/File]
          Pakistan's President Pervez Musharraf. [AFP/File]
          Pakistan came under international scrutiny when it emerged that at least two of the suicide bombers had visited the country before the attacks and one may have visisted a madrassa, or Islamic religious school.

          Three of the bombers, who killed 52 people on three subway trains and a bus, were Britons of Pakistani origin.

          "There have been stories that the Pakistani government's crackdown on extremism and action to register madrassas and expel foreign students from madrassas was taken because of the London bombings, or at the request of the UK," Lyall-Grant said on Friday.

          "This is not true. Those measures were planned in advance of July 7. The British government supports those measures but the initiative came from the Pakistani government."

          The diplomat said he was "satisfied" the crackdown was effective and being pursued by Musharraf.

          The Pakistani military leader has had to tread a tightrope between angering Islamic extremists at home and keeping the international community happy. He has already escaped a number of militant-linked assassination attempts.

          The British envoy repeated earlier statements that Britain did not blame Pakistan for the attacks.

          "The suicide bombers of 7 July were not Pakistani. They were British," he told reporters.

          "It is true that three were of Pakistani origin, and that at least two had travelled to Pakistan on a number of occasions. But all four were brought up, educated and presumably radicalised in the UK.

          "There is no question of blaming Pakistan for these attacks. Nor will UK-Pakistan relations be affected."

          However General Musharraf himself has had stern words for British Prime Minister Tony Blair in the weeks since the London bombings.

          In an interview broadcast Monday he said the British government had been too soft on extremist activity at home, expressing concern about the action of radical groups in Britain.

          This week Britain has taken tough action, banning radical cleric Omar Bakri Mohammed from ever returning to its shores Friday and launching bids to deport 10 other foreign Islamists.



          Japanese PM launches general election campaign
          Katrina slams US Gulf Coast, oil rigs adrift
          Japan's 6 parties square off in TV debate
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          President Hu Jintao: Gender equality crucial

           

             
           

          Special grants offered to poor students

           

             
           

          EU takes steps to unblock China textiles

           

             
           

          Farmers sue county for illegal land use

           

             
           

          Search for 123 trapped miners suspended

           

             
           

          Hurricane Katrina rocks New Orleans

           

             
            Bush promises post-storm help for victims
             
            Sharon: Not all settlements in final deal
             
            Hurricane Katrina rocks New Orleans
             
            Sri Lanka PM focuses on ending civil war
             
            Musharraf warns Pakistan Islamic schools
             
            Katrina may cost insurers $25 bln
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Pakistan test-fires nuclear-capable cruise missile
             
          Australia, Pakistan sign counter-terrorism pact
             
          Alleged al-Qaida spiritual leader detained
             
          UK holds 10 foreigners deemed to be security threat
             
          Suspect charged in failed London attacks
             
          3 London bombing suspects appear in court
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产三级黄色的在线观看| 日韩精品一区二区亚洲专区| 丝袜高潮流白浆潮喷在线播放| 在线国产你懂的| 搡老熟女老女人一区二区| 色综合欧美五月俺也去| 欧洲码亚洲码的区别入口| 国产区免费精品视频| 电视剧在线观看| 国产亚洲精品成人aa片新蒲金| 国产精品成人午夜福利| 粉嫩一区二区三区国产精品| 老熟妇乱子交视频一区| 玩两个丰满老熟女久久网| 伊人久久大香线蕉综合影院| 丝袜a∨在线一区二区三区不卡| 特级欧美AAAAAAA免费观看| 亚洲精品成人网线在线播放va | 国产播放91色在线观看| 亚洲乱码国产乱码精品精| 成人av午夜在线观看| 亚洲中文字幕伊人久久无码| 国精品无码一区二区三区在线蜜臀| 日本久久久www成人免费毛片丨| 男女激情一区二区三区| 免费人成网站视频在线观看国内| av中文字幕国产精品| 国产MD视频一区二区三区| 色吊丝二区三区中文写幕| 伊人久久大香线蕉av网禁呦| 中美日韩在线一区黄色大片| 99久久国产精品无码| 日韩精品在线观看一二区| 国产午夜在线观看视频播放| 国产成人久久综合第一区| 久久精品蜜芽亚洲国产av| 国产成人av三级在线观看| av资源在线看免费观看| 免费无码中文字幕A级毛片| 免费人成视频在线视频电影| 欧美拍拍视频免费大全|