<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          NYC officials reveal new glimpse of 9/11
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-08-13 14:31

          In thousands of pages of oral histories released Friday, firefighters describe in vivid, intimate detail how they rushed to save fleeing civilians from churning smoke and fire before the World Trade Center collapsed in a monstrous cloud of debris and choking dust, AP reported.

          The histories, recorded in the weeks after the Sept. 11 attack, offer some of the most detailed descriptions of the day's horror as seen through the eyes of firefighters who lost 343 of their brethren.

          Trapped in the mall below the trade center after the collapse of the south tower, firefighter James Murphy and a group of firefighters started hunting for the exits. Frightened civilians began grabbing onto them, he said.

          "We were saying, `Don't worry, we're with the Fire Department. Everybody is going to get out,'" he recalled. But, he said, "We were just as scared as anybody else. We were just victims too. Basically the only difference between us and the victims is we had flashlights."

          Firefighters work beneath the destroyed World Trade Center's twin towers after a terrorist attack in New York on Sept. 11, 2001. (AP
          Firefighters work beneath the destroyed World Trade Center's twin towers after a terrorist attack in New York on Sept. 11, 2001. [AP/file]
          Firefighter Maureen McArdle-Schulman recalled hearing someone yell before the collapses that something was falling from the towers.

          "It turned out it was people coming out, and they started coming out one after the other," she said. "We didn't know what it was at first, but then the first body hit and then we knew what it was. ... I was getting sick. I felt like I was intruding on a sacrament. They were choosing to die and I was watching them and shouldn't have been. So me and another guy turned away and looked at a wall and we could still hear them hit."

          Emergency medical technician John Felidi recalled that when the south tower fell, "We heard a rumble. I heard the rumble and looked 錕斤拷 in the back of me all I seen was a monstrous 錕斤拷 I can't even describe it. A cloud. Looked like debris, dust."

          The 12,000 pages of oral histories were made public along with hours of Fire Department radio transmissions, their release brought on by a lawsuit filed three years ago by The New York Times and long contested by the city.

          Some of the material had been released before, and the records released Friday were unlikely to fundamentally change the understanding of the Sept. 11 attack.

          Still, the histories offer a poignant catalog of firefighters' still-fresh memories of the towers' horrifying collapse. And the radio transmissions added new texture to the historical record of the day, beginning at 8:46 a.m. with an urgent but calm description of a plane crashing into the World Trade Center.

          "The World Trade Center tower Number One is on fire!" one firefighter radioed.

          As the depth of the crisis became clear, the voices on the radios thickened with panic.

          "Send every available ambulance, everything you got to the World Trade Center," a firefighter calls from Engine 1. "Now!"

          Sept. 11 family members pored over the records Friday, some tearing up at descriptions and sounds of the attack and response. At an office building in midtown Manhattan, a half-dozen family members and two fire officers bent over laptops to examine the material.

          Fire Lt. Jerry Reilly, who escaped the trade center, said the transmissions were almost too painful to hear. "I never heard any of this before 錕斤拷 the chaos," he said, his eyes tearing up.

          The records shed some new light onto lingering questions and long-standing complaints about the response. Firefighters described faulty communications equipment and some disobeyed orders.

          A group of victims' families who have become advocates for reforming building codes and emergency response had eagerly awaited the release of the records in hopes they would challenge the notion that many firefighters in the north tower heard, but chose to ignore, an evacuation message issued after the south tower collapsed.

          Some city officials, including former Mayor Rudolph Giuliani, have suggested some firefighters ignored the mayday call in acts of personal heroism. But the group of families has sought to lay blame on the city for providing firefighters with faulty radios.

          At least one fire lieutenant, Gregg Hansson of Engine 34, said he heard the call to evacuate while he was on the 35th floor of the north tower, and saw his colleagues leaving.

          "I heard a mayday given over the command channel to evacuate the building," Hansson said in his oral history. "He started to tell everyone to evacuate, and I did also. I saw all the units get up, everybody got their gear, everybody started for the staircases to evacuate."

          Another firefighter who was in the north tower, Paul Bessler, recalled seeing a fellow firefighter going up the stairs as though he was "on a mission."

          "Just at that point, my radio came clear as day, 'Imminent collapse. This was a terrorist attack. Evacuate.'"

          "We relayed that again, hoping that the brothers would hear it above us, and I remember the look on Andy's face, like apprehension that we were going to leave this building," he continued. The north tower collapsed moments later.

          The transcripts reinforce the perception that some firefighters throughout the trade center dropped protocol and simply acted according to their best instincts.

          Firefighter Patrick Martin of Engine 229 said that after the south tower had collapsed and before the north tower came down, his lieutenant instructed him to go on a boat taking people to hospitals across the Hudson River.

          "I told him I wasn't leaving," Martin said. "We were still missing one guy."

          Timothy Burke of Engine 202 said a firefighter from another company had a cell phone, and he and others used it to call their families.

          "It seemed pretty bad that everybody was willing to get on the phone and try to call their wives to say goodbye or say whatever," he said. "Just the faces of people 錕斤拷 you kind of knew that some of us were going to get hurt because it was too too too much going on."

          The oral histories underscored the small, even random, decisions that separated those who lived from those who died.

          Firefighter George Rodriguez remembered sheltering with about 30 civilians in the lobby of 7 World Trade Center. Two of them wanted to get out because of heavy smoke and ash. Firefighters tried to keep them inside, but the pair eventually ran out.

          "Unfortunately for them they ran to the left, which happened to be right towards Vesey Street, which was the wrong way to go," Rodriguez said. "I never saw those two again."

          The New York Times and families of Sept. 11 victims sued the city in 2002 to release the records.

          The city withheld them, claiming the release would violate firefighters' privacy and jeopardize the prosecution of Zacarias Moussaoui, who ultimately pleaded guilty to conspiring with the Sept. 11 hijackers.

          In March, the state's highest court ordered the city to release the oral histories and radio transmissions but said the city could edit out potentially painful and embarrassing portions.

          The Fire Department, in a statement, said it hoped the release of the records would not cause firefighters and their families additional pain.

          "The Department believes that the materials being released today ... will serve to further confirm the bravery and courage of our members who responded to the World Trade Center," the statement said.



          Japanese PM launches general election campaign
          Katrina slams US Gulf Coast, oil rigs adrift
          Japan's 6 parties square off in TV debate
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          President Hu Jintao: Gender equality crucial

           

             
           

          Special grants offered to poor students

           

             
           

          EU takes steps to unblock China textiles

           

             
           

          Farmers sue county for illegal land use

           

             
           

          Search for 123 trapped miners suspended

           

             
           

          Hurricane Katrina rocks New Orleans

           

             
            Bush promises post-storm help for victims
             
            Sharon: Not all settlements in final deal
             
            Hurricane Katrina rocks New Orleans
             
            Sri Lanka PM focuses on ending civil war
             
            Musharraf warns Pakistan Islamic schools
             
            Katrina may cost insurers $25 bln
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Congressman: US intelligence knew 9/11 plotters
             
          Britain bars over 200 foreign scientists amid terror fears
             
          Moroccan preacher said to have met with 9/11 plotters
             
          Bin Laden may be in Afghan south - Pakistan
             
          Bush appealing to Congress on 9/11 bill
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 视频一区视频二区视频三区 | 2021国产精品视频网站| 亚洲AV成人片不卡无码| 亚洲色欲色欱WWW在线| 在线国产你懂的| 被黑人伦流澡到高潮HNP动漫 | 亚洲色中色| 少妇搡bbbb搡| 最近中文国语字幕在线播放| 亚洲自拍偷拍激情视频| 性色av不卡一区二区三区| 欧洲中文字幕一区二区| 国产精品免费观在线| 激情五月日韩中文字幕| 99久久无色码中文字幕| A毛片毛片看免费| 国产成人午夜福利院| 亚洲中文字幕久久精品无码喷水 | 中文字幕理伦午夜福利片| 激情五月开心综合亚洲| 精品亚洲男人一区二区三区 | 亚洲免费成人av一区| 99久久婷婷国产综合精品| 亚洲AV无码精品色午夜果冻 | 欧美三级韩国三级日本三斤| 少妇撒尿一区二区在线视频| 思思99热精品在线| 国产嫩草精品网亚洲av| 亚洲精品揄拍自拍首页一| 日韩精品国产另类专区| 五月综合婷婷久久网站| 1024你懂的国产精品| 国产白袜脚足j棉袜在线观看| 黄床大片免费30分钟国产精品| 亚洲夂夂婷婷色拍WW47| 99精品国产在热久久婷婷| 久久精品手机观看| 亚洲视频免| 丁香五月亚洲综合在线国内自拍| 色哟哟国产成人精品| 久久精品无码免费不卡|