<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Malaysia declares state of emergency
          (Reuters)
          Updated: 2005-08-11 20:05

          Malaysia declared a state of emergency in towns on its west coast as smoke from forest fires raging in Indonesia smothered parts of the country, pushing pollution levels dangerously high, reported Reuters.

          Boats are barely visible in dense haze in Port Klang, near Kuala Lumpur. Malaysia declared a state of emergency in towns on its west coast as smoke from forest fires raging in Indonesia smothered parts of the country, pushing pollution levels dangerously high. [AFP]

          The choking smog has blanketed the capital Kuala Lumpur and parts of peninsular Malaysia for more than week, disrupting airports and shipping, angering citizens and raising fears over public health.

          "I now declare a state of emergency for the whole area of Kuala Selangor and Port Klang with immediate effect indefinitely," Prime Minister Abdullah Ahmad Badawi said in a statement.

          He said the emergency measures would not involve a curfew in the affected regions, which lie next to the Malacca Strait that separates Malaysia from Indonesia's Sumatra island, where hundreds of fires are raging.

          Under the measures, all work places are to remain closed except for essential services, food shops and supermarkets. Schools are to close and citizens are advised to stay at home if possible.

          Abdullah acted after the environment department said the air pollution index (API) reached 529 in Port Klang, a major shipping centre, and 531 in Kuala Selangor. An API above 300 is considered hazardous.

          In Kuala Lumpur the index reached 321, shrouding the city in a yellowish mist and making the tops of buildings disappear. In the administrative capital of Putrajaya, which lies further towards the coast, the index recorded 364.

          The opposition Democratic Action Party (DAP) said Malaysians were "furious and worried" about the pollution and that it would mount a protest at the Indonesian embassy on Friday.

          "As the source of haze is in Sumatra, Malaysians are powerless to do anything to fight this threat to their and our children's health and safety unless Indonesia is serious about taking action," said DAP leader Lim Kit Siang.

          But Foreign Minister Syed Hamid Albar indicated Malaysia would not take a confrontational approach that could damage their fragile bilateral relationship.

          "In the interests of neighbourly relations, we must sit down and discuss and consult. This is the common interest," he said.

          "We have no other alternative, we cannot go into an open conflict, that will not be good for the region. That will not be good in terms of our relationship," he said at a press conference.

          The official Bernama newsagency said that in crisis talks with Indonesian Forestry Minister Malam Sambat Kaban in Sumatra Thursday, Malaysian Environment Minister Adenan Satem had offered help to put out the fires.

          "We are offering assistance on three aspects. Firstly, extinguishing fires in the hot spot areas which had been detected. Secondly, to carry out cloud seeding to induce rain, and thirdly, to assist in drawing up a long-term programme to prevent a recurrence of the incident," Adenan said.

          More than 700 schools in Kuala Lumpur and surrounding districts were ordered to close until Monday because of the worsening haze, which is causing a spike in asthma attacks and respiratory conditions.

          Kuala Lumpur's second airport at Subang was shut Wednesday as visibility sank to less than 300 metres (yards) and contingency plans have been made in case the country's main airport has to shut.

          For the second day in a row, shipping operations at Port Klang were temporarily suspended for about two hours as the operators decided it was too dangerous to work in the murk.

          Meteorology department senior forecaster Kamil Ibrahim said the conditions were expected to persist for the next few days, but that there could be a brief respite next week as the winds coming from Sumatra shifted.

          However, Indonesian officials warned that the blazes, caused by illegal burning to clear land on Sumatra island and Kalimantan, would worsen in coming weeks.

          Malaysians, who experienced an even worse haze crisis in 1997 and 1998, were generally calm amid the crisis but some demanded more action.

          "We're just wondering what's happening in terms of government to government arrangements," said 37-year-old businessman David Shan.

          "What our government is doing in terms of addressing the problems coming our of Sumatra -- that's a big concern," he said.



          Japanese PM launches general election campaign
          Katrina slams US Gulf Coast, oil rigs adrift
          Japan's 6 parties square off in TV debate
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          President Hu Jintao: Gender equality crucial

           

             
           

          Special grants offered to poor students

           

             
           

          EU takes steps to unblock China textiles

           

             
           

          Farmers sue county for illegal land use

           

             
           

          Search for 123 trapped miners suspended

           

             
           

          Hurricane Katrina rocks New Orleans

           

             
            Bush promises post-storm help for victims
             
            Sharon: Not all settlements in final deal
             
            Hurricane Katrina rocks New Orleans
             
            Sri Lanka PM focuses on ending civil war
             
            Musharraf warns Pakistan Islamic schools
             
            Katrina may cost insurers $25 bln
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久亚洲国产成人亚| 女女互揉吃奶揉到高潮视频| 成人aaa片一区国产精品| 日韩成人福利视频在线观看| 欧美精品国产综合久久| 久久久久国产精品人妻| 精品亚洲没码中文字幕| 小嫩批日出水无码视频免费| 亚洲精品无码久久一线| 日本欧美一区二区三区在线播放 | 视频一区视频二区视频三| 一区二区和激情视频| 人妻少妇偷人无码视频| 国产精品一二三中文字幕| 亚洲国产成人无码网站大全| 国产精品亚洲av三区色| 在线免费播放av观看| 男女性高爱潮免费网站| 台湾佬自拍偷区亚洲综合 | 亚洲av午夜成人片| 国产精品成人午夜福利| 国产一区二区黄色激情片| 国产精品毛片av999999| 亚洲av无码牛牛影视在线二区 | 18av千部影片| 国产线播放免费人成视频播放| 久久精品女人的天堂av| 三级三级三级A级全黄| 日本一区二区三区激情视频| 99在线精品国自产拍中文字幕| 国产欧美一区二区三区视频在线观看 | 女人被狂躁的高潮免费视频| 亚洲av乱码一区二区| 国产成人综合色视频精品| 欧美视频二区欧美影视| 综合久久婷婷综合久久| 人妻无码中文专区久久app| 99久久婷婷国产综合精品| 狠狠躁天天躁中文字幕无码| 国产极品嫩模在线观看91| 亚洲精品久久一区二区三区四区|