<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          British, Italian police grill 21 suspects
          (AP)
          Updated: 2005-08-01 16:29

          Police in Britain and Italy questioned 21 suspects as they sought to piece together the networks behind the London bombings, probing for possible links between the two sets of attacks and for connections to any accomplices overseas, Associated Press.

          Investigators arrested seven people Sunday at a four-story brick apartment building in Brighton, on England's southern coast, and also searched another home in the city. They gave few details about what role the six men and seven women were suspected of playing in the failed July 21 attacks on the capital's transit system.

          So far, 18 people are in custody in Britain and three in Italy.

          Police say the four suicide bombers who carried out the July 7 attacks, which killed 52 victims, are all dead. And they believe they have arrested all the failed July 21 bombers, whose explosives detonated only partially and took no lives.

          Now they are searching for those who may have recruited and directed the attackers and built the explosives, anxious to catch them before they — or other would-be bombers they command — strike again.

          Investigators are also searching for links between the two terror cells, one made up mostly of Pakistani Britons and the other mainly of east African immigrants to London. The groups struck exactly two weeks apart, each attacking three London Underground trains and a red double-decker bus.

          A spokeswoman for London's Metropolitan Police said investigators believed there were more people at large who played some role in the attacks.

          "It's extremely likely there will be other people involved in harboring (suspects), financing and making the devices," she said, speaking on condition of anonymity, because the department does not allow her to give her name.

          In Italy, authorities were pursuing contacts linked to Osman Hussain, 27, who was arrested in Rome on Friday and is suspected of trying to bomb the Shepherd's Bush subway station in west London.

          Police have discovered that Hussain called Saudi Arabia hours before his arrest, the Sunday Telegraph newspaper reported. The Sunday Times said another bombing suspect — Ethiopian-born Briton Muktar Said Ibrahim, 27 — took a monthlong trip to Saudi Arabia in 2003, telling friends he was to undergo training there.

          Britain was facing questions about how Hussain slipped out of the country five days after the attempted attacks, despite a massive police manhunt. Italy's Interior Minister Giuseppe Pisanu says Hussain, also known as Hamdi Issac, left London's Waterloo station by train for mainland Europe on July 26.

          The Home Office said British immigration officials generally do not check the passports of people leaving the country. However, police asked that checks be made at many departure points, including Waterloo, after the attacks, a Home Office spokesman said on condition of anonymity.

          The Sunday Times said only French officials had checked Hussain's passport as he left Britain, but the Home Office spokesman said British immigration officials had been checking all international departures at Waterloo the day he left.

          Geoff Hoon, the leader of the House of Commons, said he realized there was concern about whether the checks were stringent enough.

          "I am aware that the Home Office will be looking at that," he told British Broadcasting Corp. television. "I understand the criticism. It's important that we are able to identify those coming into the country as well as those leaving."

          Police had released closed-circuit television images of the four bombing suspects shortly after the attacks, but the picture of Hussain, whose name was not made public until his arrest, was grainy and difficult to make out, his face shielded by a dark baseball cap. Police put out a second, clearer, image of him a day after his escape.

          Italian news reports said Hussain's real name was Hamdi Issac and that he was from Ethiopia, not Somalia. He falsely listed his country of origin as Somalia when he applied for asylum and citizenship in Britain, the reports said.

          Hussain was arrested Friday in Rome at the apartment of his brother Remzi Issac, who also was detained.

          On Sunday, Italian police detained a second brother of Hussain, Fati Issac, for questioning, the Italian news agency ANSA said. Fati Issac was accused of destroying or hiding documents sought by investigators but is not alleged to have plotted terror, ANSA said

          Britain has requested Hussain's extradition, which his court-appointed lawyer, Antonietta Sonnessa, said he is likely to fight.

          She said Hussain acknowledges his involvement in the failed attack but claims the planted bombs were intended not to kill anyone but only to draw attention. Italian news reports had said the bombers were angry about the Iraq war.

          "He has justified his actions as a form of protest against the fact that civilians are suffering in wars at the present time," she told Britain's ITV News.

          Hussain also said his cell was not linked to either al-Qaida or the July 7 cell, Italian media reported.



          Japanese PM launches general election campaign
          Katrina slams US Gulf Coast, oil rigs adrift
          Japan's 6 parties square off in TV debate
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          President Hu Jintao: Gender equality crucial

           

             
           

          Special grants offered to poor students

           

             
           

          EU takes steps to unblock China textiles

           

             
           

          Farmers sue county for illegal land use

           

             
           

          Search for 123 trapped miners suspended

           

             
           

          Hurricane Katrina rocks New Orleans

           

             
            Bush promises post-storm help for victims
             
            Sharon: Not all settlements in final deal
             
            Hurricane Katrina rocks New Orleans
             
            Sri Lanka PM focuses on ending civil war
             
            Musharraf warns Pakistan Islamic schools
             
            Katrina may cost insurers $25 bln
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Britain could pay US$1m to Brazilian family - report
             
          Last suspects in failed bombings nabbed
             
          London police nab 7 more in blasts probe
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲欧美综合人成在线| 久久日产一线二线三线| 精品国产三级a∨在线欧美| 国产精品久久久久鬼色| 2019国产精品青青草原| 蜜桃av亚洲精品一区二区| 欧美大bbbb流白水| 久久人人爽人人爽人人av| 亚洲精品久久久中文字幕痴女| 120秒试看无码体验区| 国内熟妇人妻色在线视频| 潮喷失禁大喷水无码| 久久亚洲日本不卡一区二区| 久久夜色撩人精品国产av| 亚洲+成人+国产| 被灌满精子的波多野结衣| 视频一区视频二区在线视频| 操操操综合网| 99久久99久久精品免费看蜜桃| 亚洲国模精品一区二区| 亚洲国产中文字幕在线视频综合| 欧美丝袜高跟鞋一区二区| 国产精品美女久久久久久麻豆| 日本不卡三区| 福利一区二区在线观看| 国产成人精选视频在线观看不卡 | 伊人久久婷婷综合五月97色 | 国产一区二区三区精品久| 国产在线不卡精品网站| 少妇尿尿一区二区在线免费| 色欧美片视频在线观看| 免费高潮了好湿h视频| 97精品国产高清在线看入口| 亚洲国产成人综合自在线| 在线中文字幕第一页| 狠狠色香婷婷久久亚洲精品| 偷拍精品一区二区三区| 骚虎视频在线观看| 狠狠干| 亚洲码亚洲码天堂码三区| 国产在线观看免费观看不卡|