<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Seekers of UN Council seats court African nations
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-07-18 08:59

          Foreign ministers from Brazil, India, Germany and Japan failed to reach agreement on Sunday with the African Union on rival bids for U.N. Security Council enlargement but pledged to continue negotiations.

          "Our differences are much smaller than our similarities," Brazil's Foreign Minister Celso Amorim told reporters after a meeting among the four aspirants for permanent council seats and ministers or their deputies from Nigeria, Libya, South Africa and Egypt.

          India's U.N. ambassador, Nirupam Sen, said the ministers from the eight nations expected to meet again in Geneva on July 25 while a small group of U.N. ambassadors would carry out talks in New York.

          (L-R) German Foreign Minister Joschka Fischer, Japanese Foreign Minister Nobutaka Machimura, President of United Nations General Assembly Jean Ping, Indian Foreign Minister Natwar Singh and Brazilian Foreign Minister Celso Amorim pose for a photo before their meeting at U.N. Headquarters in New York on July 17, 2005.
          (L-R) German Foreign Minister Joschka Fischer, Japanese Foreign Minister Nobutaka Machimura, President of United Nations General Assembly Jean Ping, Indian Foreign Minister Natwar Singh and Brazilian Foreign Minister Celso Amorim pose for a photo before their meeting at U.N. Headquarters in New York on July 17, 2005. [Reuters]
          Without the 53-member African Union, Brazil, India, Germany and Japan have little hope of getting approval from two-thirds or 128 nations in the 191-member General Assembly.

          "We can't both win," Indian Foreign Minister Natwar Singh said. "It's not possible for any group to get two-thirds by itself. So we have to find a way for our differences not only to narrow, but to disappear."

          After a series of delays, the four aspirants are hoping for a General Assembly vote on enlargement of the 15-member body -- whose composition reflects the balance of power at the end of World War Two -- during the last week of this month.

          The appearance in New York of the foreign ministers underlined the importance of the issue in face of severe obstacles. The United States and China, current permanent council members, are lobbying against all the plans under consideration.

          Among the other three permanent members, Russia also indicated disagreement while France and Britain support the four aspirants.

          TWO-THIRDS APPROVAL

          The first steps in expansion of the council needs two-thirds approval from the General Assembly. But eventually, there would need to be a U.N. Charter change, and here the current five permanent members can use their veto power.

          Expanding the Security Council has been under discussion for a dozen years without a solution, mainly because each region or nation has its own aspirations. The issue was given momentum this year by Secretary-General Kofi Annan who argued the council was unrepresentative and should be reformed before a September U.N. world summit.

          Germany, Japan, Brazil and India have called on the General Assembly to enlarge the Security Council from 15 to 25. This plan has six new permanent seats, including two for Africa but without veto power for any new member.

          The African Union's draft resolution asks for the council to be enlarged to 26 seats, one more permanent seat than the four aspirants. It advocates six new permanent seats with veto privileges.

          Attending the negotiations, in addition to Amorim and Singh, were Foreign Ministers Joschka Fischer of Germany, Nobutaka Machimura of Japan, Oluyemi Adeniji of Nigeria, Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma of South Africa, Egypt's deputy foreign minister, Sameh Shoukry and Libya's African Affairs Minister Ali al-Triki

          "We have made as much progress as we can today," said Nigeria's Adeniji, whose country holds the African Union presidency. "During the course of this week we will have as many meetings as it takes among our representatives. "

          Fischer told German reporters there could not be any compromise on giving veto rights to new council members.

          A third proposal, circulated but not introduced, by a group called "Uniting for Consensus" calls for 10 new members, all of them nonpermanent, with seats for varying terms. This group includes Italy, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, South Korea, Pakistan, Canada and others.



          Demonstrators rally to call for Arroyo's resignation
          Space shuttle Discovery launch delayed
          Blair plans measures to uproot extremism
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Top LNG ship takes shape in Shanghai

           

             
           

          Hu congratulates KMT's new chairman

           

             
           

          Experts: China's century is taking shape

           

             
           

          North Korea nuclear talks to start July 26

           

             
           

          Obesity targeted in national ruling

           

             
           

          Experts suggest hepatitis B progress

           

             
            North Korea nuclear talks to start July 26
             
            Worst attack in months devastates Iraqi market
             
            60 dead in Equatorial Guinea plane crash
             
            Eleven firefighters die in Spain blaze
             
            Radical Shiite calls for Iraqi restraint
             
            Israel threatens to invade Gaza Strip
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Four nations submit plan to enlarge U.N. Council
             
          UN Security Council reform looks doomed
             
          Annan advocates UN Council expansion now
             
          US, Russia, China rejecting G4 UN reform bill
             
          Brazil introduces UN Council reform plan
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 少妇激情一区二区三区视频小说| 四虎www永久在线精品| 久久久久99人妻一区二区三区| 九九热在线观看视频精品| japanese无码中文字幕| 国产高清小视频一区二区| 国产欧美日韩视频怡春院| 精品国产一区二区三区在线观看| 动漫AV纯肉无码AV电影网| 韩国一级永久免费观看网址| 深田えいみ禁欲后被隔壁人妻| 资源在线观看视频一区二区| 国产精品日韩中文字幕熟女 | 综合图区亚洲另类偷窥| 国产精品制服丝袜无码| 久久国内精品自在自线91| 国产乱人伦AV在线麻豆A| 老司机久久99久久精品播放| 亚洲精品熟女一区二区| 人妻熟妇乱又伦精品无码专区| 成人国产亚洲精品一区二区| 成人欧美日韩一区二区三区| 97在线视频人妻无码| 午夜一区欧美二区高清三区| 天堂av在线一区二区| 国产成人一区二区三区在线观看| 久久久无码精品国产一区| 亚洲丰满熟女一区二区蜜桃| 特黄特色三级在线观看| 国产97人人超碰CAO蜜芽PROM| 女人高潮抽搐喷液30分钟视频| 好男人好资源WWW社区| 国产亚洲sss在线观看| 成人午夜在线观看刺激| 国产无遮挡18禁无码网站免费| 樱花草视频www日本韩国| 伊人久久精品亚洲午夜| 日本阿v片在线播放免费| 亚洲欧美日韩高清中文| 国产精成人品日日拍夜夜| 1000部啪啪未满十八勿入下载|