<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Forces capture would-be bomber in Iraq
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-07-15 10:36

          Iraqi and U.S. forces captured a suicide bomber before he could detonate his explosive belt Thursday, and announced a key suspect in the kidnap-slaying of Egypt's top envoy to Iraq had been arrested in what was hailed as a blow to the terror network.

          The thwarted suicide attack — just 150 feet from the Green Zone, the site of the U.S. Embassy and major Iraqi government offices — was intended to be part of coordinated assaults by a suicide car bomber and two pedestrians strapped with explosives.

          The attackers apparently planned to detonate the car bomb first. Then the two pedestrians would blow themselves up in the midst of troops, police and rescue workers rushing to the scene, U.S. officials said.

          The car bomb exploded successfully. But one pedestrian bomber was killed after an Iraqi policeman shot him, setting off his explosive vest, a U.S. statement said.

          The second pedestrian bomber was wounded by shrapnel from the blast before he could detonate his own vest, and was in critical condition at a U.S. military hospital in the Green Zone, the statement said.

          Five policemen and four civilians also were wounded by the blasts and gunfire, officials at Yarmouk Hospital said.

          Would-be bombers are rarely captured in Iraq. A 19-year-old Saudi was taken into custody after he somehow survived the explosion of his fuel tanker in December, a blast that killed nine people. A Yemeni was arrested in 2003 when his car bomb failed to detonate at a Baghdad police station.

          There was no word on the identity of the failed bomber, but his arrest could yield valuable intelligence on the shadowy network of Islamic extremists — many of them believed to be foreigners linked to al-Qaida.

          In another setback to insurgents, about 30 suspected al-Qaida members were arrested in the past week, including a key suspect in this month's killing of Egyptian envoy Ihab al-Sherif and attacks on senior diplomats from Bahrain and Saudi Arabia, the U.S. command said.

          Khamis Abdul-Fahdawi, known as Abu Seba, was captured Saturday after operations in the Ramadi area west of Baghdad, the military said. He is a suspect in the "attacks against diplomats of Bahrain, Pakistan and the recent murder of Egyptian envoy" al-Sherif, the U.S. statement said.

          Another top suspect, Abdullah Ibrahim al-Shadad, or Abu Abdul-Aziz, was arrested during a raid Sunday in Baghdad, the statement said. It identified him as the operations officer for al-Qaida in Iraq, led by Jordanian Abu Musab al-Zarqawi. Abu Abdul-Aziz was cooperating with coalition forces, according to the U.S. command.

          In an Internet statement Thursday, al-Qaida in Iraq acknowledged that Abu Abdul Aziz had been apprehended but played down his importance.

          Al-Qaida also denied any role in the Baghdad suicide car bombing Wednesday that killed 27 people, including 18 children and teenagers and an American soldier. The bomber detonated his SUV as U.S. troops were distributing candy and toys in a mostly Shiite Muslim area known as New Baghdad.

          "We, the al-Qaida organization in Iraq, announce that we are not in the least responsible for the New Baghdad operation that took place Wednesday," said the statement posted and signed by Abu Maysara al-Iraqi, the al-Qaida spokesman.

          "Our sheik, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi ... is very keen not to attack the rank and file and he himself is the one who directly supervises, plans and direct all the operations," the statement said.

          The statement — whose authenticity could not be verified — suggests the militant group is aware of the backlash against the Sunni-led insurgency that the killings of so many children could generate — even among Iraqis who oppose the presence of U.S.-led forces

          "Such action has nothing to do with religion," Inaam Hassan, 38, said of the attack. "This tarnishes the image of the true resistance. I demand that the terrorists be executed in public to avenge the mothers who have lost their children."

          Salam al-Rubaiei, 33, said he regretted the deaths of so many children but blamed their parents for allowing them to approach American soldiers.

          "We know how reckless these forces are and how they can randomly open fire when attacked," al-Rubaie said. "I want to know why these (American) forces were present in a residential area."

          In other violence late Thursday, gunmen killed an Iraqi soldier in Baghdad and another outside the Taji air base north of the capital, police said.

          Elsewhere, police said gunmen killed five Iraqi employees of an American base in Baqouba, 35 miles northeast of Baghdad, as they were driving outside the base. At least nine other policemen also were killed in separate attacks nationwide.

          However, figures obtained Thursday by The Associated Press from Iraqi government ministries show violent deaths among Iraqi civilians far exceeded those of soldiers or police during the first six months of this year.

          Between Jan. 1 and June 30, 1,594 civilians were killed, according to the Ministry of Health. By contrast, 895 security forces — 275 Iraqi soldiers and 620 police — were killed in bombings, assassinations or armed clashes with insurgents, according to figures from the interior and defense ministries.

          The number of insurgents killed during the six-month period was 781, the government said.

          According to an AP count, more than 1,700 people have been killed in violence since April 28, when Prime Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari announced his Shiite-led government.



          Space shuttle Discovery launch delayed
          Blair plans measures to uproot extremism
          Pakistan train crash carnage kills 128
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          China to launch manned spacecraft in October

           

             
           

          PLA on course to cut 200,000 personnel

           

             
           

          Japan approves oil drilling, China protests

           

             
           

          US House rejects bill on China arms sales

           

             
           

          China plans to build 10 more nuclear reactors

           

             
           

          UK bomb probe focuses on chemist, Briton

           

             
            UK bomb probe focuses on chemist, Briton
             
            France celebrates Bastille Day
             
            US military official accuses Russia, China of bullying
             
            Pakistanis hunt for missing relatives after train disaster
             
            Israeli copters pound Gaza after woman's death
             
            US pushes Egypt to democratic reform
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Suicide blasts outside Baghdad's Green Zone
             
          Suicide car bomber kills 18 Iraqi kids
             
          Judge: Saddam trial could begin next month
             
          Many Iraqi children killed by suicide bomb
             
          Iraqis ready to control some cities
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 少妇高潮喷水正在播放| 日本欧美一区二区三区在线播放| 九九热精品在线视频观看| 日韩精品中文字幕有码| 国产成人一区二区三区在线观看| 日本高清视频网站www| 国产av剧情亚洲精品| 亚洲av永久无码天堂影院| 在线观看国产小视频| 人妻少妇精品视频三区二区一区 | 337P日本欧洲亚洲大胆在线| 久久久久久99av无码免费网站| 偷窥盗摄国产在线视频| 中文字幕乱码熟妇五十中出| 国产午夜精品亚洲精品国产| 大陆精大陆国产国语精品| 最近最好的2019中文| 人妻丰满熟妇av无码区| 亚洲另类激情专区小说图片| 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜躁2o2o| 亚洲综合一区二区精品导航| 午夜免费福利小电影| 欧美国产精品不卡在线观看| 亚洲人视频在线观看| 九九综合va免费看| 日本一区二区三区18岁| 伊人久久大香线蕉aⅴ色| 国产福利在线免费观看| 中文字幕午夜福利片午夜福利片97 | 这里只有精品免费视频| 午夜日本永久乱码免费播放片| 国产福利视频区一区二区| 国产精成人品日日拍夜夜| 五月天中文字幕mv在线| 久久亚洲精品人成综合网| 亚洲美女av一区二区| 国产尤物精品自在拍视频首页| 精品国产成人国产在线视| 欧美视频精品免费播放| 久热re这里精品视频在线6| 麻豆国产成人AV在线播放|