<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Families search for London bombing victims
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-07-09 18:01

          In what looked like an eerie replay of Sept. 11, fliers seeking information about people missing in the London terror attacks proliferated on walls and trees around the blast sites Saturday.

          Investigators said they are taking seriously a claim of responsibility posted on the Internet by a group calling itself "The Secret Organization of al-Qaida in Europe," which they fear may be allied with Iraq's terror chief, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi.

          The name was previously little-known to terror experts, although a Web posting under that title had claimed responsibility for the last major terror attack in Europe: the bombs on commuter trains in Madrid in March 2004, which killed 191 people.

          A poster left by relatives or friends of a missing person is seen where it has been hung near the entrance of the King's Cross Underground Station that was hit by an explosion Thursday, in central London, Friday July 8, 2005.
          A poster left by relatives or friends of a missing person is seen where it has been hung near the entrance of the King's Cross Underground Station that was hit by an explosion Thursday, in central London, Friday July 8, 2005. [AP]
          By Saturday morning, rescue crews had reported at least 49 people died in the attacks. The bombs that killed them on three London Underground cars and a double-decker bus were each lighter than 10 pounds and could be carried in a backpack, police said. But they did not say how the explosives were placed or detonated.

          The bombs were probably made from simple, relatively easy-to-obtain plastic explosives, not the higher-grade military plastics like Semtex that would have killed far more people, said Andy Oppenheimer, a weapons expert who consults for Jane's Information Group.

          However, Roland Jacquard, who heads the Paris-based International Terrorism Observatory, said that bomb experts from Spain sent to London to help assess the explosive devices used in the attacks were of a different opinion.

          "For the moment, from what I know, it's a military-type explosive, extremely hard and powerful, difficult to maneuver," Jacquard told the AP, based on conversations with people investigating the blast.

          Investigators didn't immediately comment on his remarks, which were first reported by French media.

          British Transport Police, who oversee the Underground, said crews were still working around the wreckage of a subway train near Russell Square where at least 21 people died.

          Crews reached the cars and said they saw more bodies in the hot, rat-infested tunnels, but warned it could take days to retrieve them. Many of the tunnels are more than 100 feet beneath the surface.

          "This is an enclosed tunnel and it is very difficult conditions and it's a bit dangerous," Transport Police Deputy Chief Constable Andy Trotter told reporters. "It will take some time before everyone is removed from there."

          Sir Ian Blair, commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, said he expected the death toll to rise but doubted it would reach triple digits.

          Friends and relatives of the missing scoured London hospitals, bearing photographs of their loved ones. Jamie Gordon's co-workers posted photos of him on trees and walls around where the double-decker blew up. They said they hadn't heard from the 30-year-old Zimbabwean since he called his asset management firm in central London on Thursday to say he was on his way to work aboard a bus.

          "Please help us find our friend," the posters read in a scene reminiscent of the desperate search for victims in the aftermath of the Sept. 11 terror attacks in the United States.

          More than 700 people were injured, including citizens of at least five countries in addition to Britain — Sierra Leone, Australia, Portugal, Poland and China. The U.S. State Department said at least four Americans were injured. One person died in the hospital, where 100 victims spent the night after the blast, Blair said.

          As investigators worked underground, bouquets of fresh flowers and cards scribbled with thoughts for the victims of London's worst attack since World War II piled up Friday outside the subway stations where the terrorists struck.

          A mound of floral tributes, many bearing cards with touching sentiments, grew outside the entrance to King's Cross station, near the site of the deadliest of Thursday's bombings. A metal fence around the Tube station was festooned with bouquets.

          "Yesterday we fled this great city, but today we are walking back into an even stronger, greater city," read a note near St. Pancras Church, near where a bomb shredded a double-decker bus. It was similar to the appeals, condolences and encouragement that appeared across New York City after the far deadlier Sept. 11 attacks.

          "The people who did this should know they have failed. They have picked the wrong city to pick on," read another note. "London will go on."



          Space shuttle Discovery launch delayed
          Blair plans measures to uproot extremism
          Pakistan train crash carnage kills 128
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Taiwan's KMT Party to elect new leader Saturday

           

             
           

          'No trouble brewing,' beer industry insists

           

             
           

          Critics see security threat in Unocal bid

           

             
           

          DPRK: Nuke-free peninsula our goal

           

             
           

          Workplace death toll set to soar in China

           

             
           

          No foreign controlling stakes in steel firms

           

             
            Judge: Saddam trial could begin next month
             
            DPRK: Nuke-free peninsula our goal
             
            Pakistan train crash carnage kills 128
             
            NASA delays shuttle launch till Saturday
             
            Annan advocates UN Council expansion now
             
            Israel seals off Gaza Strip settlements
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Shadowy group claims London attacks - Web
             
          London bombing sites combed as toll passes 50
             
          Europeans ask who's next after London blasts
             
          Toll from London bombing raised above 50
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲国产免费图区在线视频| 这里只有精品免费视频 | 久久88香港三级台湾三级播放| 亚洲高潮喷水无码AV电影| 五月婷网站| 国产精品中文字幕自拍| 亚欧美国产综合| 91精品蜜臀国产综合久久| 强奷白丝美女在线观看| 亚洲综合91社区精品福利| 久久国语对白| 久久99国产精品尤物| 国产午夜福利视频在线| AVtt手机版天堂网国产| 日韩中av免费在线观看| 中文字幕人成乱码中文乱码| 国产拗精品一区二区三区| 九九re线精品视频在线观看视频 | 国产亚洲精品第一综合另类无码无遮挡又大又爽又黄的视频 | 日韩国产成人精品视频| 亚洲欧洲自拍拍偷精品 美利坚 | 野花社区www视频日本| 国产高清在线精品一区APP| 亚洲乱码一二三四区国产| 亚洲成人av在线综合| 国产性猛交xxxx乱大交| 日韩理伦片一区二区三区| 国产69堂免费视频| 日韩欧激情一区二区三区| 亚洲精品一二三四区| 国产成人av一区二区三区不卡| 午夜福利精品国产二区| 国产精品综合色区av| 亚洲国产日韩精品久久| 久久综合亚洲色一区二区三区| 少妇高清一区二区免费看| 久久夜色精品国产欧美乱极品| 黄色A级国产免费大片视频| 国产成人你懂的在线观看| 国产亚洲精品AA片在线播放天| 人妻日韩精品中文字幕|