<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Death toll from London bombing at 50
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-07-08 19:13

          Commuters in London reluctantly descended into the Underground Friday morning, but buses and subways carried fewer riders than normal in the aftermath of four rush-hour blasts. Police raised the death toll to more than 50 and said each of the bombs contained less than 10 pounds of explosives.

          The scene at Tavistock Square, with debris on the ground and bloodstains on the wall, following a bus explosion there, in London, Thursday July 7, 2005. At least 40 people have been killed in explosions in London, a U.S. law enforcement official says. [AP]

          Investigators said they would look for evidence in the debris from Thursday's attacks and in the video footage from some 1,800 cameras in London's train stations.

          "There is real passion now in the police to make arrests quickly before further attacks can be carried out," said Charles Shoebridge, a security analyst and former counterterrorism intelligence officer.

          Sir Ian Blair, commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, said no evidence suggested that the attacks involved suicide bombers but that officials hadn't ruled out the possibility. He said officials were working to establish a precise death toll; 100 victims were hospitalized overnight, 22 in critical condition.

          London's mass transit system reopened Friday, though some commuters, admitting they were afraid, opted for a taxi. Normally packed double-decker buses carried just a handful of passengers, and many Underground stations were less congested than normal. But others said they had little choice but to board the subway.

          "I was scared, but what can you do?" said Raj Varatharaj, 32, emerging from an Underground station. "This is the fastest way for me to get to work. You just have to carry on."

          Assistant Police Commissioner Andy Hayman said that officials still hadn't gotten near the subway cars of the Russell Square station, fearing that the tunnel is unsafe. Twenty-one dead were confirmed in that blast.

          He said officials believe the bombs were placed on the floors of the three subway cars that were hit. He said the initial investigation suggests that each bomb had less than 10 pounds of explosives.

          Thursday's blasts went off within 18 minutes at three subway stations, starting at 8:51 a.m. An explosion ripped the roof off a double-decker bus less than an hour later, attacks that came as world leaders were opening the G-8 summit in Scotland.

          More than 700 people were wounded.

          Prime Minister Tony Blair, who just the day before had been basking in glory of Britain's successful Olympics bid, condemned the attacks and blamed Islamic extremists. Foreign Minister Jack Straw said the attacks bore the hallmark of Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida, the group responsible for Sept. 11.

          Based on evidence recovered from the rubble, investigators believe some of the bombs were on timers, a U.S. law enforcement official said. The official would not further describe the evidence.

          Investigators doubt that cell phones — used in the Madrid train attacks a year ago — were used to detonate the bombs in the Underground because the phones often don't work in the system's tunnels, the official said. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.

          Ten of London's 12 subway lines reopened Friday, though service on three was restricted. Bus service was running through central London, except for diversions around blast sites.

          Aldona Mosjko, a 21-year-old bagel shop manager from Poland, was among those too frightened to take public transportation Friday. "Normally, I take the bus, but today, I took a taxi. I was a bit afraid," she said.

          Stocks opened higher in Europe on Friday, with insurance and travel-related stocks regaining some of the ground they lost on Thursday. Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Charles were to visit bombing victims.

          Some commuters commented on what appeared to be a light police presence at some Underground stations.

          "Everyone is very quiet, everybody is a bit anxious," said Anil Patel, 40, a banker. "An obvious (police) presence would have settled your nerves."

          Shoebridge said detectives will have to watch thousands of hours of video — slowly and carefully. Investigators will try to find on tape the point at which bombs were placed, then trace back the movements of the bomber, a task he said could involve hundreds of cameras.

          Shoebridge said investigators also will check records of cell phone calls made in the bombed areas just before the explosions, a job that might be difficult if investigators can't determine where bombers boarded the trains.

          The "Secret Group of al-Qaida's Jihad in Europe" claimed it was behind the attacks, but the claim could not be immediately verified. In a posting on a Web site, the group said the bombings were punishment for Britain's involvement in the war in Iraq and invasion of Afghanistan.

          It threatened to attack Italy and Denmark for their support of the U.S.-led coalitions in both countries, too.

          British Home Secretary Charles Clarke said authorities were taking the claim of responsibility seriously, and a senior U.S. counterterrorism official said the posting was considered a "potentially very credible" claim, in part because it appeared soon after the attacks. But no one was certain, and one defense official said it was too early to say.

          The blasts paralyzed the city's public transportation system Thursday, halting subway service, delaying buses and stranding thousands of residents and tourists.

          Scenes of frantic subway passengers covered in soot, some cut and bleeding and flooding out of subway stations flashed across television screens.

          As explosions detonated in the vast subway that carries hundreds of thousands passengers a day, subway cars filled with smoke and many broke through the windows to escape or get air. Above ground, buses ferried the wounded and medics used a hotel as a makeshift emergency hospital.

          "I didn't hear anything, just a flash of light, people screaming, no thoughts of what it was, I just had to get out of the train," said subway passenger Chris Randall, 28, who was hospitalized with cuts and burns on his face, legs and hands.

          The worst attack on London since World War II brought out a stoicism that recalled Britain under the blitz of the Nazi Luftwaffe.

          As Wednesday's jubilation at winning the 2012 Summer Olympics gave way to the terrible shock of Thursday's attacks, Blair rushed back to the capital and made a televised appeal for unity, praising the "stoicism and resiliency of the British people."

          Both were in evidence across the city, as volunteers helped the wounded from blast sites, commuters lent their phones so strangers could call home, and thousands faced long lines for homeward-bound buses or even longer walks without complaint.

          "As Brits, we'll carry on — it doesn't scare us at all" said tour guide Michael Cahill, 37. "Look, loads of people are walking down the streets. It's Great Britain — not called 'Great' for nothing."

          Security was raised in the United States and around the world. The Bush administration upped the terror alert a notch to code orange for the nation's mass transit systems, and bomb-sniffing dogs and armed police patrolled subways and buses in the capital.

          Much of Europe also went on alert, and Italy's airports raised alert levels to a maximum.



          Space shuttle Discovery launch delayed
          Blair plans measures to uproot extremism
          Pakistan train crash carnage kills 128
           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Taiwan's KMT Party to elect new leader Saturday

           

             
           

          'No trouble brewing,' beer industry insists

           

             
           

          Critics see security threat in Unocal bid

           

             
           

          DPRK: Nuke-free peninsula our goal

           

             
           

          Workplace death toll set to soar in China

           

             
           

          No foreign controlling stakes in steel firms

           

             
            Judge: Saddam trial could begin next month
             
            DPRK: Nuke-free peninsula our goal
             
            Pakistan train crash carnage kills 128
             
            NASA delays shuttle launch till Saturday
             
            Annan advocates UN Council expansion now
             
            Israel seals off Gaza Strip settlements
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 激情伊人五月天久久综合| 亚洲中文色欧另类欧美| 小嫩批日出水无码视频免费| chinese性内射高清国产| 一二三四中文字幕日韩乱码| 国产一区二区三区导航| 久久国产精品成人免费古装| 国产精品99久久久久久宅男| 四房播色综合久久婷婷| 国产精品色哟哟成人av| 国产精品午夜福利资源| 高清破外女出血AV毛片| 欧美特级午夜一区二区三区| 人妻va精品va欧美va| 成人国产在线永久免费| 中文字幕婷婷日韩欧美亚洲 | 爱豆传媒md0181在线观看| 国产乱码精品一区二区三| 国内精品久久黄色三级乱| 九九热在线视频观看最新| 天天爽夜夜爱| 少妇夜夜春夜夜爽试看视频| 久久99久国产麻精品66| 伊人色综合网久久天天| 女被男啪到哭的视频网站 | 夜夜躁狠狠躁日日躁| 99精品国产一区二区三区不卡| 成av免费大片黄在线观看| 亚洲区一区二区三区精品| 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜婷| 丝袜国产一区av在线观看| 中文字幕亚洲国产精品| 亚洲av无码乱码在线观看野外| 国产福利精品一区二区| 亚洲国产精品一区二区第一页 | 蜜臀AⅤ永久无码精品| 综合色一色综合久久网| 亚洲欧美综合人成野草| 国产AV国片精品有毛| 起碰免费公开97在线视频| 亚洲高清 一区二区三区|