<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>China
                 
           

          Landslides, floods kill 567, leave 165 missing
          By Liang Chao/Zheng Caixiong (China Daily)
          Updated: 2005-06-25 07:08

          The death toll from this year's floods has continued to rise with 567 people now confirmed dead and a further 165 missing.

          In total, more than 2.45 million people have been evacuated to safety from floods, landslides and mudslides, the result of torrential rains, the Ministry of Civil Affairs said on Friday.

          A Chinese man uses a boat to make his way in a flooded neighbourhood in Wuzhou, southwest China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region June 25, 2005. [Reuters]
          A Chinese man uses a boat to make his way in a flooded neighbourhood in Wuzhou, southwest China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region June 25, 2005. [Reuters]
          Direct damage caused by the calamities was estimated at up to 22.9 billion yuan (US$2.7 billion).

          Chinese residents navigate a flooded street in the outskirts of the southern Chinese city of Wuzhou June 24, 2005.
          Chinese residents navigate a flooded street in the outskirts of the southern Chinese city of Wuzhou June 24, 2005. [Reuters]
          "So far this year, the loss is worse than average, but still below the figures in 1991 and 1998" when devastating floods wreaked havoc across eastern and central China, a source with the ministry, said.

          Since mid-June, at least 124 people have been killed and 69 others are missing in flood-battered Guangdong, Fujian, Jiangxi, Zhejiang and Hunan provinces and the Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, he said.

          A woman wades through flood waters during heavy rains in downtown Hong Kong June 24, 2005.
          A woman wades through flood waters during heavy rains in downtown Hong Kong June 24, 2005. [Reuters]
          About 60 per cent of China's total losses so far were recorded in these provinces where more than 18.8 million people were affected by flooding and landslides with 1.5 million displaced.

          Among them, Guangxi, Fujian and Guangdong were the worst hit, with 6.9 million people, 2.18 million and 2.56 million affected respectively.

          This week alone, 39, 19 and 53 deaths have been confirmed in Guangxi, Fujian and Guangdong respectively. By yesterday afternoon, the regions were still "plagued by floods with rain-swollen rivers raging across areas downstream," a source with the State Flood Control and Drought Relief Headquarters said.

          Chinese men use a boat to move in a flooded street in Wuzhou city, southwest China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, June 24, 2005.
          Chinese men use a boat to move in a flooded street in Wuzhou city, southwest China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, June 24, 2005.[Reuters]
          In Guangxi, at its peak flooding, the Xijiang River ripped through Wuzhou at a record flow of 53,300 cubic metres per second at the downstream Gaoyao Hydrometric Station.

          "The flood is now advancing on the Pearl River Delta downstream," the source said, warning that the torrent could threaten the delta, one of China's most prosperous areas.

          In Guangdong, the water level in the Xijiang River was still at a dangerous level on Friday, threatening many cities.

          "The province is still on high alert for possible floods," said Li Ronggen, vice-governor of Guangdong.

          In Fujian, water levels in the province's largest river, the Minjiang, was receding slowly but remained just 0.5 metres below the danger level.

          The State flood-control headquarters urged authorities to intensify patrols along the rain-swollen rivers and prevent soaked levees from collapsing with the fast subsiding floodwaters.

          Railways suspend operation

          At least 18 trains were suspended along the Beijing-Guangzhou Railway and the Xiamen Railway Station in Fujian also stopped operating following the recent floods and landslides.

          Regular trains from Beijing to Shenzhen, and from Jiangxi's Nanchang to Fuzhou, capital of Fujian, and Xiamen in Fujian were also cut off, said local media.

          By Friday evening, more than 4,000 railway workers and soldiers were working round-the-clock to repair tracks destroyed by landslides along the Huizhou to Longchuan section of the Beijing-Kowloon railway line.

          Lu Dongfu, vice-minister of railways, has also arrived in Guangdong to help direct railway operations and track repair work.

          A total of 15 passenger trains running on the Beijing-Kowloon Railway have stopped operating since Wednesday. Railway officials have urged passengers to take planes, or coaches instead or make railway detours to reach their destinations.

          "When the operation of the Guangdong Section of the Beijing-Kowloon Railway is to be resumed is still unknown," an executive from Guangdong Railway Group Corporation told China Daily on Friday.

          Local forecasters have warned that Guangdong's weather will remain unstable into the coming week.



          Special police detachment established in Xi'an
          Panda cubs doing well in Wolong
          Suspect arrested in Taiwan
            Today's Top News     Top China News
           

          Taiwan's KMT Party to elect new leader Saturday

           

             
           

          'No trouble brewing,' beer industry insists

           

             
           

          Critics see security threat in Unocal bid

           

             
           

          DPRK: Nuke-free peninsula our goal

           

             
           

          Workplace death toll set to soar in China

           

             
           

          No foreign controlling stakes in steel firms

           

             
            No foreign controlling stakes in steel firms
             
            China-made telescopes race to space
             
            'No trouble brewing,' beer industry insists
             
            HK investors cautious on mainland homes
             
            Law in pipeline to ban money laundering
             
            Overseas students test their Chinese abilities
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          President, premier make directions on flood control
             
          Floods continue to rage across regions
             
          Floods have claimed 536 lives in China
             
          Floods ravage south and east provinces
            News Talk  
            It is time to prepare for Beijing - 2008  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 婷婷综合久久中文字幕| 亚洲国产在一区二区三区| 国产一区二区三区在线看 | 亚洲精品一二三伦理中文| 久久精品丝袜高跟鞋| 少妇伦子伦精品无吗| 亚洲综合色区另类av| 久久侵犯人妻中文字幕| 国产片AV国语在线观看手机版| 人人妻人人做人人爽| 日韩精品成人一区二区三| 日韩一本不卡一区二区三区| 亚洲乱理伦片在线观看中字| 五月综合网亚洲乱妇久久| 国产MD视频一区二区三区| 日韩精品中文字幕有码| 国产性一交一乱一伦一色一情| 国内露脸互换人妻| 亚洲国产一区二区精品专| 亚洲AV综合色区无码二区偷拍| 亚洲中文字幕一区二区| 天天干天天色综合网| 亚洲七七久久桃花影院| 国产成人8X人网站视频| 欧美videosdesexo肥婆| 一本av高清一区二区三区| 国产一区二区三区色区| 深夜视频国产在线观看| 骚虎视频在线观看| 色偷偷人人澡人人爽人人模| 中文字幕在线亚洲日韩6页| 83午夜电影免费| 亚洲精品一区二区美女| 最近的中文字幕免费完整版| caoporn成人免费公开| 在线观看国产一区亚洲bd| 亚洲综合久久精品哦夜夜嗨| 国产精品美女一区二区三| 久久夜色精品国产亚洲a| 精品综合久久久久久97| 国产+免费+无码|