<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          US making plans if North Korea abandons talks
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-05-27 09:20

          The Pentagon said on Thursday it was preparing for the possibility that North Korea had decided to abandon six-party nuclear talks and a top official said diplomacy with Pyongyang would soon have to produce results.

          At a congressional hearing, Assistant Secretary of State Christopher Hill and Deputy Undersecretary of Defense Richard Lawless -- the Bush administration's senior Asia experts -- kept up the pressure on Pyongyang to return to the negotiating table and promised U.S. "flexibility" if it did.

          But they indicated American patience was wearing thin and the impasse could not go on forever. However, Washington is also aware that any other U.S. options for dealing with the growing nuclear problem are grim.

          Hill and other officials have repeatedly said the administration would consider "other options," including military options, if the talks collapsed or if Pyongyang tested a nuclear weapon.

          For nearly a year, North Korea has boycotted China-hosted six-party talks aimed at persuading it to abandon nuclear weapons-related activities. Other states involved are South Korea, Japan and Russia.

          Despite an intense diplomatic effort to salvage the negotiations, including U.S.-North Korea talks in New York last week, Hill was not optimistic when he spoke to reporters after testifying before a U.S. House of Representatives International Relations subcommittee.

          "We do not seem to have any positive response (from Pyongyang). They have not communicated anything to us in private. ... Even the press releases have not been terribly encouraging."

          At the hearing, Lawless said Pyongyang may have suspended participation in the talks to gain additional rewards.

          "At the same time, we are preparing ourselves for the possibility the DPRK (Democratic Republic of Korea, the North's official name) has made a strategic decision to abandon the talks," he told lawmakers.

          U.S. officials said recently American intelligence had picked up signs Pyongyang might be preparing a nuclear test, but China disagreed with that assessment.

          A U.S. Senate advisory group last week predicted a nuclear test could still be averted but said China must agree to join the United States and other Asian nations in a quarantine of North Korea.

          Adding to tensions, North Korea in February declared itself to be a nuclear state and recently announced it had removed fuel rods from its Yongbyon nuclear reactor, a potential precursor to building additional bombs beyond the eight U.S. officials estimate already exist.

          Also, the Pentagon on Wednesday suspended a nine-year-old project inside North Korea to find remains of American troops killed during the 1950-53 Korean War, accusing Pyongyang of creating an atmosphere dangerous to U.S. workers.

          Reaffirming his warnings that unproductive diplomacy cannot go on indedinitely, Hill said: "We have to start achieving results soon. I don't want to put a deadline but clearly this can't go on forever."

          Under congressional pressure to reconsider its insistence on only holding bilateral talks with the North within the six-party format, Hill agreed the United States "cannot appear to be stubborn" and must be "results oriented."

          He promised if negotiations resume, "we will be very flexible" in the six-party process and he would be prepared to meet the North Koreans, as his predecessor had done.

          U.S. officials previously have had bilateral meetings with the North Koreans in the context of six-party negotiations but these sessions have been limited.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Battles won on drugs, but war rages on

           

             
           

          China wants Games torch on Mt.Qomolangma

           

             
           

          Shanghai targeting at property bubbles

           

             
           

          FM: Talks only way to East China Sea row

           

             
           

          Focus on security, airlines instructed

           

             
           

          Nestle baby formula pulled off the shelves

           

             
            40,000 Iraqis to form shield in Baghdad
             
            US democrats force delay of Bolton final vote
             
            Inquiry finds some Quran 'mishandling'
             
            U.S. helicopter fired on in Iraq, crashes
             
            Bush embraces Abbas as courageous reformer
             
            Iraqi government says Al-Zarqawi wounded
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲另类无码一区二区三区| 操国产美女| 中文字幕亚洲人妻一区| 久热这里只有精品12| 免费特黄夫妻生活片| 国产亚洲精久久久久久久91 | 久久99精品久久99日本| 亚洲av产在线精品亚洲第一站| 思思久99久女女精品| 亚洲精品天堂在线观看| 人人妻人人澡人人爽| 亚洲欧美高清在线精品一区二区| 国产毛a片久久久久无码| 国产线播放免费人成视频播放| 国产精品一区在线蜜臀| 自拍视频一区二区三区四区| 亚洲精品自拍在线视频| 国产精品自拍视频免费看| 忍着娇喘人妻被中出中文字幕 | 亚洲一级片一区二区三区| 国产亚洲精品一区在线播放| 亚洲性日韩精品一区二区| 视频一区二区不中文字幕| 国产中文字幕在线一区| 国产精品福利自产拍久久| 亚洲国产成人精品av区按摩| 久久精品国产精品亚洲 | 办公室强奷漂亮少妇同事| 91娇喘视频| 免费无码AV一区二区波多野结衣| 我趁老师睡觉摸她奶脱她内裤 | 国产亚洲精品久久av| 亚洲av成人精品免费看| 中文字幕一区二区三区乱码不卡| 国产蜜臀视频一区二区三区| 女人夜夜春高潮爽a∨片传媒| 国内精品极品久久免费看| 国产无码高清视频不卡 | 日本一区二区三区有码视频| 欧美精品1卡二卡三卡四卡| 一区二区三区久久精品国产|