<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>Sports
                   
           

          Talks between NBA, players' union collapse
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-05-19 09:20

          Labor talks between the NBA and the players' union broke off Wednesday, increasing the chance of a lockout starting in the offseason.

          In a statement, the NBA accused the union of backtracking on several items that the sides had agreed upon. The collective bargaining agreement expires June 30.


          David Stern [AP]
          "Since we are at a loss as to how we can possibly reach a new deal that is in any way consistent with the principal terms that we have been discussing for many months, there are no further meetings scheduled at this time," deputy commissioner Russ Granik said.

          The union did not immediately respond.

          If no new agreement is reached, a lockout could begin as early as July 1 — three days after the draft.

          The sides had been publicly optimistic over the prospects for reaching a new deal until last Friday, when commissioner David Stern downgraded his outlook to "hopeful." That came just hours after two union attorneys gave a verbal outline of the union's new offer and, according to the league, changed its position on several key issues.

          "They've taken major steps backward on all the key elements," Granik said in a telephone interview. "We still have more than six weeks until July 1, so I don't want to predict what will or won't happen, but based on way things have gone here it's hard to see where an agreement will be reached any time soon."

          A lockout beginning July 1 would force the cancelation of summer leagues and offseason conditioning programs at team facilities. Training camps are scheduled to open in early October.

          The league and union went through an acrimonious seven-month lockout in 1998 and 1999 before agreeing to the current seven-year agreement.

          With very few exceptions, the same attorneys that negotiated the old agreement are working on the new one.

          In its statement, the league indicated a belief that player agents had pressured union director Billy Hunter to back off some of the concessions he had agreed to in previous negotiating sessions since mid-February.

          "At the conclusion of a bargaining session on Sunday, April 17, we thought we were very close to a deal, with only a few items remaining to be compromised," Granik said. "On April 19, a day after the players association met with a group of player agents, we were informed that the players association could no longer agree to a previously committed five-year rule on length of contracts.

          "Then, last week, after promising a written proposal to form the basis of a new agreement, the union instead advised us orally that it needed to backtrack on several other essential terms that had already been resolved."

          The league claims the union changed its position on the length of long-term contracts (current rules allow a maximum length of seven years), the size of annual raises in long-term contracts (current rules limit those increases to 12.5 percent annually for players who re-sign with their teams; 10 percent for players changing teams as free agents), and changes to the escrow and luxury tax systems designed to limit salary growth and penalize the highest-spending teams.

          Granik also told the AP that the union had changed its stance on a proposed change to the age limit. He did not give specifics.

          Stern is seeking to have the minimum age for playing in the NBA raised to 20 (current rules mandate a U.S. player's high school class must have graduated before he can become draft eligible, while foreign-born players must turn 18 before the draft). Hunter has said he is philosophically opposed to raising the minimum age, though he said he'd agree to a change if the league offered something substantial in return.

          The league said it had offered to increase each team's salary cap by raising the percentage upon which that calculation is based. Currently, the cap is computed by taking 48 percent of leaguewide revenues and dividing that figure by the number of teams, 30.

          Granik said the league had offered to raise that percentage to 51.

          Hunter, in Washington to testify before a congressional committee investigating steroid use in professional sports, could not immediately be reached.

          The first sign that talks might be breaking down came when the league canceled plans for a bargaining session between a large group of owners and players that was to have taken place Tuesday. Granik said Thursday's statement was issued to help explain the cancelation of that session.

          "We felt we had to tell people what was really happening. It's not like it serves a beneficial purpose," Granik said. "I would prefer we not have to air this, but people were asking reasonable questions and we owed them a responsible answer."



          Spurs VS SuperSoniccs
          Federer wins Laureus Awards
          Lin Dan leads China to claim Sudirman Cup
           
            Today's Top News     Top Sports News
           

          Premier assures business leaders of 'reasonable profits'

           

             
           

          More aid to help Mideast peace process

           

             
           

          US raising tensions over China's currency

           

             
           

          Textile barriers 'unfair to China': Bo

           

             
           

          Wu urges free trade agreement with Japan

           

             
           

          Alleged Al-Zarqawi tape denounces Shiites

           

             
            Spurs blow past SuperSonics 103-90
             
            Smooth-running Pistons beat Pacers 86-67
             
            Beijing spikes beach volleyball from Tiananmen
             
            Van Bommel signs for Barcelona
             
            AC Milan turns focus to Liverpool
             
            Figo: My situation is a little unfair
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: chinese乱国产伦video| 久久男人av资源网站无码软件| 热久久这里只有精品99| 亚洲国产精品自在拍在线播放蜜臀| 少妇人妻综合久久中文| 国产一区二区不卡在线| 91国内视频在线观看| 欧洲精品一区二区三区久久| 精品无码国产自产拍在线观看蜜| 亚洲sm另类一区二区三区| 亚洲女人天堂| 国产无人区码一区二区| 成人午夜大片免费看爽爽爽| 无码区日韩专区免费系列 | 国产成人综合在线女婷五月99播放 | 久久精品免视看国产成人| 亚洲美腿丝袜福利一区| 四虎精品视频永久免费| 人妻少妇不满足中文字幕| 曰韩高清砖码一二区视频| 一本色道婷婷久久欧美| 国产精品爽爽久久久久久竹菊| 少妇人妻偷人精品视蜜桃| 欧美人人妻人人澡人人尤物| 色婷婷久久综合中文久久一本 | 国产女同疯狂作爱系列| 欧美老熟妇乱子伦牲交视频| 久久精品国产亚洲不av麻豆| 欧美拍拍视频免费大全| 亚洲 校园 欧美 国产 另类| 日本大香伊一区二区三区| 亚洲高清WWW色好看美女| 日本国产亚洲一区二区| 色爱综合激情五月激情| 日本黄网站三级三级三级| 中文字幕国产原创国产| 中文字幕无码白丝袜| 国产精品免费看久久久| 日韩欧美偷拍高跟鞋精品一区| 精品人妻中文字幕在线| 亚洲国产精品一区第二页|