<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Minister: Kidnapped Italian aid worker OK

          Updated: 2005-05-18 10:32

          Italy's foreign minister said Tuesday that an Italian aid worker taken hostage in Afghanistan is all right, as he tried to reassure an anguished nation over its latest abduction drama.


          An Afghan widow who receives monthly ration from CARE International aid agency, weeps as she holds a photograph of Italian aid worker Clementina Cantoni in Kabul May 17, 2005. [Reuters]

          "We know that she is well because the kidnappers have initiated a channel of contacts with the Afghan authorities," Foreign Minister Gianfranco Fini told reporters about efforts to win the freedom of CARE International worker Clementina Cantoni, who was abducted in Kabul on Monday.

          When reporters asked Fini if the kidnappers had asked for ransom in exchange for the woman's release, he replied: "It's a question on which utmost reserve, discretion and prudence are obligatory to reach the objective."

          Earlier, a top aide to Fini, Ministry Undersecretary Margherita Boniver, told Sky TG24 that "the most accredited hypothesis about the kidnappers is that of common criminals."

          The kidnappers let authorities hear a recording of Cantoni's voice over the telephone, the Italian news agency ANSA reported late Tuesday. In the recording, Cantoni says her name and gave personal details which were verified, ANSA cited intelligence officials as saying.

          Italy was in anguish over the kidnapping, the latest abduction drama to hit the country after several of its citizens were held hostage in Iraq.

          "A new nightmare begins for all of us, and a new long phase of negotiations (begins) for the government," Italian daily La Stampa wrote Tuesday. 

          Cantoni, 32, was abducted by four men Monday evening, the first kidnapping of a foreigner in Afghanistan since three U.N. election workers were seized in October and held for nearly a month.

          Cantoni has been engaged in humanitarian work for 10 years, the aid group said. She has lived in Afghanistan since March 2002, leading a project helping thousands of Afghan widows and their families.

          Italian newspapers described her Tuesday as a combative woman with an ironic wit who worked relentlessly for the needy. After her studies in London, she worked in Bulgaria and Kosovo before heading to Afghanistan, the reports said.

          "She's a no-nonsense person, very determined, with solid experience," La Repubblica daily quoted friend Giuseppe Mastruzzo as saying.

          Sergio Marelli, president of an association of Italian non-governmental organizations, said that with the kidnapping "it seems like we've returned to a nightmare."

          "This brings us dramatically back to the reality that working in areas where there had been war brings these extreme consequences," he said.

          At least eight Italian citizens have been kidnapped in Iraq, and two of them were killed. An intelligence officer who was escorting a hostage to freedom was mistakenly killed by U.S. soldiers in Baghdad in March.

          Italy's handling of the hostage situations has come under scrutiny, with many at home and abroad contending that Rome paid ransoms for their release. Premier Silvio Berlusconi's government has denied in the past that a ransom was paid, but some lawmakers have indicated money might have changed hands.

          Some analysts said Italians might be at greater risk of being abducted because of the government's perceived policy of paying ransoms.

          "Wherever extremism is active, we are always the more appealing and more exposed ones," La Stampa wrote. "Maybe the moment has come to limit the presence of Italians in crisis zones to the few activities that are really indispensable."



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Washington raising tensions over China's currency

           

             
           

          Fortune for all in new Asian century

           

             
           

          New law to protect online copyright

           

             
           

          Wu Yi to meet Koizumi in Japan

           

             
           

          China 'sincere' about ties with Vatican

           

             
           

          China not a threat to world energy security

           

             
            North and South Korea talks break, no progress
             
            Uzbek authorities deny troops killed civilians
             
            Minister: Kidnapped Italian aid worker OK
             
            Australian Iraq hostage to be released soon -media
             
            Queen Elizabeth in Canada amid political firestorm
             
            Britain's finance minister sounds warning on EU economic slowdown
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国语精品一区二区三区| 欧美午夜一区| 亚洲va久久久噜噜噜久久狠狠| 精品无码黑人又粗又大又长| 激情五月日韩中文字幕| 白色丝袜国产在线视频| 久久99精品久久久久久9| 91福利视频一区二区| 四虎成人精品无码永久在线| 四虎成人精品永久免费av| 久久综合国产色美利坚| 99精品人妻少妇一区| 噜噜噜亚洲色成人网站∨| 偷青青国产精品青青在线观看| 久久久久成人片免费观看蜜芽| 老师穿超短包臀裙办公室爆乳| 国产精品中文字幕综合| 久久99精品久久久久久欧洲站| 成人亚欧欧美激情在线观看| 日本新japanese乱熟| 亚洲精品综合一区二区三区| 亚洲欧洲精品成人久久av18| 中文字幕人妻中出制服诱惑| 国色天香中文字幕在线视频| 国产乱码精品一区二三区| 国产精品成人99一区无码| 男女啪啪高潮激烈免费版| 亚洲天堂视频网| 国产午夜在线观看视频播放| 久草国产视频| 国产成人一区二区三区视频免费| 成人亚洲狠狠一二三四区| 中文字幕无码视频手机免费看| 久久99国产精品久久99小说| 少妇高潮惨叫久久久久电影| 毛片无遮挡高清免费| 国产美女裸体无遮挡免费视频下载 | 亚洲高清 一区二区三区| 国产亚洲国产亚洲国产亚洲| 在线A毛片免费视频观看| 最新永久无码AV网址亚洲|