<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Uzbek authorities deny troops killed civilians
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-05-18 09:32

          Uzbekistan's government said on Tuesday troops had killed "terrorists" not civilians to quell unrest, contradicting witnesses who said they shot hundreds of protesters, including women and children.


          Kyrgyz border guards check documents of Uzbek citizens who want to cross the border into Kyrgyzstan near Korasuv, Tuesday, May 17, 2005. An opposition leader said Tuesday her party had compiled a list of 745 people allegedly killed by government troops in Uzbekistan, the highest estimate so far, and that many were shot in the back of the head. But authorities contradicted the claim, saying the toll was far lower. [AP]

          An Uzbek opposition party said it had compiled a list of 745 people killed. Witnesses and a human rights activist in the eastern town of Andizhan have put the death toll at about 500.

          The unrest, sparked by the trial of 23 Muslim businessmen and blamed by Karimov on Islamic extremists, was the bloodiest chapter in Uzbekistan's post-Soviet history.

          Uzbekistan's prosecutor general said rebels killed 169 people, including three women and two children. It previously said 10 policemen were killed and "many more" rebels.

          "Not a single civilian was killed by government forces there," Prosecutor-General Rashid Kadyrov told reporters in the capital Tashkent. "There are absolutely absurd statements that troops opened fire on peaceful demonstrators."

          Residents and a local human rights activist say the rebellion was staged by locals protesting against poverty, corruption and Karimov's hard line against Muslims.

          Kadyrov accused news organizations of making up casualty numbers, while autocratic President Islam Karimov said the media was trying to portray his Central Asian country as a tyranny.

          "There is a broad campaign in the media, especially in the Western media, to be ahead of events ... and to show that Uzbekistan is a tyranny, that in Uzbekistan they shoot innocent people," Karimov told reporters, raising his voice.

          "Who would shoot at people who do not have weapons? There are no such people in any government in the world."

          Kadyrov branded the people who took part in the rebellion "terrorists" and said almost all of those killed either had guns in their hands or nearby. "Only bandits were killed," he said.

          On the streets of Andizhan, an overnight gun battle suggested pockets of resistance remained.

          Residents of the leafy town of 300,000 have laid flowers on the parched pools of blood outside School No. 15 on Cholpon Avenue, where witnesses said the massacre took place.

          Reports that troops had gunned down hundreds of unarmed protesters prompted U.S. concern about the Central Asian Muslim state, its ally in the war on terror.

          State Department spokesman Richard Boucher said Uzbek stability would depend on instituting reforms and the rule of law. He called for international involvement to support reform.

          "We don't countenance human rights violations in the interest of stability because we don't think stability can be achieved except through democracy and openness," he said.

          U.S. CONCERN

          Boucher said on Monday Washington was "deeply disturbed" by the reported shootings.

          Karimov told Boucher to heed his own advice.

          "He should apply the same principles to himself and his country if you take into account those wars the U.S. government takes part in," he told reporters.

          Karimov has given the United States use of an airbase for operations in Afghanistan. A small group of opposition activists staged a protest outside its embassy in Tashkent on Tuesday.

          The United States has also said it is worried that Islamic militants were released from prison when rebels freed 23 businessmen and 2,000 other inmates from jail on Friday.

          The Uzbek opposition party, the Free Peasants Party, estimate 745 were killed including 203 people it said were shot in Pakhtabad, north of Andizhan. It believed they were people fleeing the massacre in Andizhan.

          Witnesses say the first to be killed on Friday were 10 police hostages, pushed ahead of the crowd by rebels who earlier seized a government building. Soldiers later killed some of the wounded with single shots to the head, they said.

          "It was a massacre," said a 31-year-old cobbler, one of three witnesses to the slaughter outside the school interviewed by Reuters in Andizhan since Sunday. "This sickening smell of blood, smashed brains, guts, and blood, blood, everywhere. I could not put my feet on a dry spot.

          The violence in Andizhan followed protests in the nearby Kyrgyz cities of Osh and Jalal Abad, which led to the overthrow of Kyrgyz President Askar Akayev in March -- the third long-serving leader of an ex-Soviet state to go in 18 months.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Washington raising tensions over China's currency

           

             
           

          Fortune for all in new Asian century

           

             
           

          New law to protect online copyright

           

             
           

          Wu Yi to meet Koizumi in Japan

           

             
           

          China 'sincere' about ties with Vatican

           

             
           

          China not a threat to world energy security

           

             
            Uzbek authorities deny troops killed civilians
             
            North and South Korea talks break, no progress
             
            Senate defies Bush, approves highway bill
             
            Afghan 'thieves' kidnap Italian aid worker
             
            Hariri takes on slain father's mantle in polls
             
            Seoul presses Pyongyang on nuclear talks again
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 99久热在线精品视频| 日本久久久www成人免费毛片丨| 国产中文视频| 日韩女同一区二区三区久久| 国产成人啪精品视频免费网 | 日韩精品国产二区三区| 欧美日韩国产草草影院| 欧美猛少妇色xxxxx| 久久成人成狠狠爱综合网| 亚洲精品日韩在线观看| 永久免费AV无码网站YY| 在线播放亚洲一区蜜臀| 亚洲精品国产av成拍色拍个| 家庭乱码伦区中文字幕在线| 婷婷色中文字幕综合在线| 蜜臀av一区二区三区人妻在线| 国产精品福利午夜久久香蕉| 日韩丝袜欧美人妻制服| а∨天堂一区中文字幕| 亚洲日本乱码一区二区在线二产线| 四虎库影成人在线播放| 免费国产一区二区不卡| 99热国产成人最新精品| 成年无码av片在线蜜芽| 国产精品嫩草影院入口一二三| 亚洲高清国产成人精品久久| 亚洲av日韩av综合在线观看| 五月天天天综合精品无码| 亚洲欧美日本久久网站 | 丰满妇女强制高潮18xxxx| 特级无码毛片免费视频尤物| 无码中文字幕精品推荐| 天天影视色香欲综合久久| 99国产精品永久免费视频| 色吊丝中文字幕在线观看| 99国精品午夜福利视频不卡99 | 国产成人精品视频不卡| 日韩 欧美 亚洲 一区二区| 亚洲精品拍拍央视网出文| 久久99精品一久久久久久| 久久天天躁夜夜躁狠狠综合|