<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          At least 24 Iraqis killed; 50 bodies found
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-05-17 08:26

          Mortars, bombs and drive-by gunmen killed at least 24 Iraqis, and the new government Monday vowed to capture and punish the killers of at least 50 other people found slain in the past 48 hours, charging that insurgents were trying to start open warfare between the country's Shiite majority and Sunni minority.

          Underscoring the threat, two car bombs exploded within minutes at a mostly Shiite Baghdad market, killing at least nine soldiers and a civilian in a rash of attacks many here worry could deepen the conflict beyond the deadly insurgency against U.S. forces and their Iraqi allies.

          A U.S. soldier walks the scene after two suicide bomb attacks in Baquba, 65 kms (43 miles) north of Baghdad, May 15, 2005. Two suicide bombers attacked the convoy of the governor of Iraq's Diyala province. Raad Rashid was not hurt in the attack. (Stringer/Iraq/Reuters
          A U.S. soldier walks to the scene after two suicide bomb attacks in Baquba, 65 kms (43 miles) north of Baghdad, May 15, 2005. Two suicide bombers attacked the convoy of the governor of Iraq's Diyala province. Raad Rashid was not hurt in the attack. [Reuters]
          With the body count rising, an influential association of Sunni clerics accused the government's Shiite-dominated security forces of participating in the carnage — a claim rejected by the Sunni defense minister and other government officials.

          "The new government will strike with an iron fist against any criminal who tries to harm a Sunni or a Shiite citizen," Prime Minister Ibrahim al-Jaafari told reporters after visiting Iraq's top Shiite cleric in the holy city of Najaf. "The death sentence will be implemented."

          The Shiite premier has sought to reach out to the disaffected Sunni Arab minority — believed to be driving the insurgency — by including them in his new government announced April 28. But Sunnis are still underrepresented in Cabinet and a newly appointed committee tasked with drafting a new constitution by Aug. 15.

          Returning from a one-day trip to meet Iraq's new leaders, Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice praised the expanded role given Sunni Arabs and said she was confident the Iraqi government could meet important deadlines.

          At the same time, she blamed Syria for complicating the new Iraqi government's efforts to quell violence. The U.S. military contends Iraq's remote desert region near Syria is a haven for foreign combatants who cross the frontier along ancient smuggling routes and collect weapons to use in some of Iraq's deadliest attacks. U.S. forces conducted a major campaign to clear the area last week.

          Two car bombs at the Baghdad market went off in quick succession, killing the nine soldiers and a civilian. The second blast targeted soldiers who rushed to help the victims of the first explosion.

          Shop keepers piled the injured into pickup trucks to help get them to hospital. Yarmouk Hospital treated 29 people injured in the blasts, one of whom died of his injuries.

          Radical Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr also came out of hiding Monday for the first time since his fighters clashed with American forces in Najaf and Baghdad in August.

          Al-Sadr held a news conference demanding that U.S.-led forces leave Iraq and Saddam Hussein be punished. "I want the immediate withdrawal of the occupation forces," he said.

          More than 490 Iraqis have been killed in a series of car bombings, ambushes and other insurgent attacks since Iraq's first democratically elected government was formed. In a grisly twist to the relentless violence, batches of bodies, many of them bound and blindfolded, turned up in several parts of the country over the past week.

          Thirteen were found in a garbage-strewn lot in Baghdad's Shiite-dominated Sadr City slum, 11 more in an abandoned chicken farm south of the capital in an insurgent stronghold dubbed Iraq's Triangle of Death, and 10 identified as Iraqi soldiers in the battleground city of Ramadi.

          Late Sunday, at least eight more men were found near a dam in another Shiite-dominated Baghdad neighborhood, their hands tied behind their backs and bullet wounds to their heads. Two of the victims were still alive, but died soon afterward, police said.

          Associated Press Television News footage showed the blood-soaked ground where the bodies were found, and three of the corpses being brought into a Baghdad hospital.

          The Sunni-based Association of Muslim Scholars said the two survivors told their families before they died that security force members seized them from mosques and shot them.

          Defense Minister Saadoun al-Duleimi denied the accusation, saying the killings were carried out by "terrorists" wearing military uniforms. But in a gesture to the association, he said Iraqi security forces would be banned from entering places of worship and universities.

          U.S. forces say they have repeatedly been attacked from inside mosques. They rely on their Iraqi counterparts to conduct searches there to avoid provoking Iraqis.

          Another body was also found Monday, this time an Iraqi Kurd shot in the head and chest and left in a garbage dump in Kirkuk, 180 miles north of Baghdad, police and witnesses said. An AP reporter saw the victim, identified by police as Najat Saadoun, with his hands tied behind his back.

          Al-Jaafari spokesman Laith Kuba said such attacks "aim to create sectarian fighting in the country because such clashes could bring more recruits to (militant) groups."

          "The government is aware of that and will not let this plan succeed," Kuba told The Associated Press.

          Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani also stressed the need for "fighting terrorism and guaranteeing security," during his meeting with al-Jaafari, said an aide to the cleric, speaking on condition of anonymity. But he urged his Shiite followers to exercise restraint in the face of provocative attacks, the aide said.

          There are other reasons why some of the victims may have been killed. Insurgents regularly target Iraqi security forces, government officials and others deemed to be collaborating with U.S.-led forces in the country. Others are kidnapped and killed in attempts to extort lucrative ransoms.

          But there have also been a steady stream of retaliatory attacks between armed Sunni and Shiite groups in parts of Iraq. Recently, they have included major bombings at mosques, markets and funerals frequented by Shiites and their Kurdish allies now in power.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Hu: A developing China will benefit global businesses

           

             
           

          Pressure on RMB will not help -- Wen

           

             
           

          WHA rejects Taiwan-related proposal

           

             
           

          China's consumer prices up 1.8% in April

           

             
           

          Momentum key to cross-Straits ties

           

             
           

          Jilin in running for nuclear power plant

           

             
            Pyongyang, Seoul resume talks after long gap
             
            Iran to give EU 'last chance' to save atomic deal
             
            Iraqi police find bodies of 38 men
             
            Court giving Khodorkovsky verdict adjourns
             
            More than 100 feared dead in Bangladesh ferry accident
             
            Newsweek apologizes; Afghans want action
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Iraqi police find bodies of 38 men
             
          Iraqi village scarred after U.S. offensive
             
          Bodies of 34 people found dumped in Iraq
             
          Bodies of 13 men discovered in Sadr City
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 国产成人a在线观看视频| 天美传媒mv免费观看完整| 99久久精品久久久久久婷婷| 奇米四色7777中文字幕| 在线看av一区二区三区| 人妻体内射精一区二区三四| 国产日韩一区二区天美麻豆| 九九热在线免费播放视频| 欧美自拍另类欧美综合图片区| 综合伊人久久在| 久久天天躁狠狠躁夜夜婷| 538国产视频| 丰满人妻熟妇乱又精品视| 永久免费av无码网站直播| 野花香视频在线观看免费高清版| 免费人成视频x8x8国产| 中文字幕无码精品亚洲35| 亚洲国产精品久久久天堂麻豆宅男 | 免费国产一级 片内射老| 日本国产一区二区三区在线观看| 日韩精品人妻系列无码专区免费| 国内精品自线在拍| 特级无码毛片免费视频尤物| 久在线视频播放免费视频| 久久久久久亚洲精品| 国模精品视频一区二区三区| 亚洲国产色婷婷久久99精品91| 国产精品一精品二精品三| 国产精品免费AⅤ片在线观看| 越南毛茸茸的少妇| 中文人妻| 1精品啪国产在线观看免费牛牛| 国产高清免费午夜在线视频| 国产啪在线91| 少妇和邻居做不戴套视频| 无遮高潮国产免费观看韩国| 免费无码肉片在线观看| 中文字幕在线精品人妻| 人妻蜜臀久久av不卡| 欧美成人www在线观看| 岛国最新亚洲伦理成人|