<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Militants issue hostage ultimatum in Iraq
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-05-08 15:57

          Militants holding an Australian engineer hostage have issued a 72-hour ultimatum for Australia to start pulling troops out of Iraq, Arab television station al-Jazeera reported Friday.

          The station did not specify what the militants were threatening to do if their deadline was not met, but a number of previous hostages have been killed.

          Al-Jazeera aired new footage of Douglas Wood, 63, showing rifles pointed at his shaved head.

          In a separate video released May 1, a group calling itself the Shura Council of the Mujahedeen of Iraq claimed responsibility for seizing Wood, a California resident who is married to an American. Wood, who has a serious heart condition, was shown pleading for U.S.-led coalition forces to leave Iraq to save his life.

          Wood's family released their own video, aired on Al-Jazeera over the weekend, showing the hostage's two brothers sitting beside Australia's top Islamic cleric as he appealed in Arabic for Wood's release, a family spokesman said.

          "I regard him as our brother, a fellow Australian, an innocent man," Sheik Taj El Din Al Hilaly said in Arabic. Hilaly, who has been Australia's chief mufti since 1989, has had a hostile relationship with Australia's center-right government but seemed to set that aside in the video address.

          "He should not suffer because of politics whether they be right or wrong," Hilaly said of Wood.

          Family spokesman Neil Smail said Sunday the mufti's statement had already been repeatedly broadcast across the Middle East.

          Al-Jazeera said Friday "the Shura Council of the Mujahedeen of Iraq has given Australia 72 hours to begin withdrawing its troops from Iraq."

          Australia contributed 2,000 troops to the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq, and about 300 remain in Iraq.

          Australian Prime Minister John Howard has ruled out paying any ransom or meeting demands to withdraw his country's troops from Iraq. But he has said his government would do all it could to secure Wood's release.

          On Saturday, Australian Foreign Minister Alexander Downer said the country must stand strong against the terrorists' demands that Australia, the United States and Britain withdraw their troops.

          "What, of course, these people want to try to do is generate major national controversy and debate so the important thing is that we don't look as though we're starting to cave in and give into demands," Downer told Australian Broadcasting Corp. radio from Pittsburgh, Pa.

          Howard and Downer have said a task force that went to Baghdad this week had established that Wood was alive.

          Their comments came after an Australian newspaper reported that the task force had been in contact with an intermediary, Sheik Hassan Zadaan.

          The Sydney Morning Herald said insurgents argued aggressively that Wood should be executed. But Zadaan said the insurgents accepted the argument that Wood was an Australian contractor who did not work for a U.S. corporation or belong to the military, the newspaper reported.

          Downer said he discussed the hostage crisis Friday with Vice President Dick Cheney after previous meetings with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and U.S. National Security Adviser Stephen Hadley.

          Al-Jazeera also reported Friday that militants released a separate video purporting to show six Jordanian hostages and warned Jordanian companies not to deal with the U.S. military. The station aired footage showing the six sitting on the floor and holding up their passports.

          The station identified the men as employees of a Jordan-based company called Abu Jaafar al-Mansour and said they were being held by a previously unknown group called al-Baraa bin Malek.

          Those claims could not be verified. Government officials in Jordan could not immediately be reached for comment.

          More than 200 foreigners have been kidnapped in Iraq since Saddam Hussein's regime collapsed in April 2003. Some kidnappers have sought ransom, while others pursued political motives such as the withdrawal of foreign companies and troops from Iraq.

          The kidnappers have killed more than 30 hostages.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          China, Japan clash over past, but look to move forward

           

             
           

          Wang Daohan meets PFP chairman Soong

           

             
           

          EU told not to exaggerate textile issue

           

             
           

          China rejects request to cut off N. Korea oil

           

             
           

          60th WWII anniversary to be commemorated

           

             
           

          China backs Thai DPM in bid for UN post

           

             
            Iraq agrees cabinet posts; Baghdad bombs kill 22
             
            Bush: U.S. had hand in European divisions
             
            All 15 aboard crashed Australian plane confirmed dead
             
            Abbas says meeting with Sharon needed
             
            Rebel bombings kill 11 in Myanmar
             
            Blast at Kabul cafe kills two Afghans
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Bombers kill 67 Iraqis, cabinet in pressure
             
          Iraq agrees cabinet posts; Baghdad bombs kill 22
             
          Market, police bus blasts kill 25 in Iraq
             
          Family pleads for Iraqi hostage's freedom
             
          Suicide bomber kills 60 in Iraqi Kurd city
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 日韩欧美亚洲一区二区综合| 精品国产成人国产在线视| 国内精品久久久久影院不卡| 国产成人午夜精品福利| 人妻丰满熟妞av无码区| 亚洲热视频这里只有精品| 中文字幕av无码免费一区| 米奇亚洲国产精品思久久| 亚洲精品久久久中文字幕痴女| 麻豆精品久久久久久久99蜜桃| 亚洲欧美日产综合在线网| 国产欧美一区二区三区视频在线观看| 久久午夜无码免费| 亚洲一区二区三区成人网站| 一区二区三区四区亚洲自拍| 日韩丝袜亚洲国产欧美一区 | 欧洲熟妇色xxxxx| 亚洲精品综合久中文字幕| 国产精品免费精品自在线观看| 天啦噜国产精品亚洲精品| 欧美人人妻人人澡人人尤物| 久久波多野结衣av| 亚洲av无码乱码在线观看牲色| 亚洲高清揄拍自拍| 好深好湿好硬顶到了好爽| 久久93精品国产91久久综合| 少妇高潮水多太爽了动态图| 色综合色综合久久综合频道88| 日韩本精品一区二区三区| 无码人妻少妇久久中文字幕蜜桃| 精品久久精品久久精品久久 | 亚洲精品成人福利网站| 色欲国产一区二区日韩欧美| 国产精品自在线拍国产手机版| 少妇脱了内裤在客厅被| 99热精品毛片全部国产无缓冲| 无码中文字幕动漫精品| 熟妇人妻任你躁在线视频| 又大又爽又黄无码a片| 好吊视频在线一区二区三区| 色国产视频|