<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          2 attacks in Egypt leave 3 dead, 9 hurt
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-05-01 10:14

          Two veiled women shot at a tour bus, and a man — the brother of one shooter and the fiance of the second — blew himself up as he leapt off a bridge during a police chase Saturday. All three attackers died and nine people, four of them foreigners, were wounded in an apparent revival of violence against Egypt's vital tourism industry.

          The attacks occurred within two hours and at locations just 2 1/2 miles distant.

          Those wounded by the explosion in the center of Cairo included an Israeli couple, a Swedish man and an Italian woman, along with three Egyptians. Two Egyptians were wounded in the shooting, which targeted a bus headed toward one of Cairo's most prominent historic Islamic sites.

          Egyptian authorities deny major militant groups have returned to violence and said Saturday's attacks were a result of its crackdown on a small militant cell it says carried out an April 7 suicide bombing in a Cairo tourist bazaar that killed two French tourists and an American.

          But the attacks deepened fears that militants are launching a new round of violence in Egypt, which saw a bloody campaign by Islamic extremists in the 1990s. After that campaign was suppressed, the country saw a lull in violence until October, when near simultaneous bomb blasts in two Sinai resorts killed 34 people. Then, on April 7, a suicide bomber targeted foreigners near the crowded Khan el-Khalili tourist bazaar in Cairo, killing two French citizens and an American. Eighteen people were wounded.

          Tourism is Egypt's biggest foreign currency earner, and the industry had made a strong recovery after the 1990s violence.

          The Interior Ministry said Saturday's bombing was a result of the police roundup of those behind the Khan el-Khalili attack. It said police earlier in the day captured two suspects — Ashraf Saeed Youssef and Gamal Ahmed Abdel Aal — in connection with that attack and were chasing a third, Ehab Yousri Yassin, on a highway overpass when he jumped off, setting off the nail-filled bomb.

          The two women who carried out the shooting attack were identified as Negat Yassin, the bomber's sister, and Iman Ibrahim Khamis, his fiancee, both in their 20s. They carried out the shooting on the tourist bus in revenge for Yassin's death, then shot themselves, the ministry said. Women are not known to have carried out past attacks in Egypt.

          Two militant groups posted Web statements claiming responsibility for the twin attacks — the Mujahedeen of Egypt and the Abdullah Azzam Brigades. Neither claim's authenticity could be verified.

          The Abdullah Azzam Brigades said Saturday's violence was in revenge for the arrests of thousands of people in Sinai after the October bombings there. The group claimed responsibility for those attacks as well. Egyptian authorities have said the October attack was connected to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, not domestic politics.

          Saturday's blast went off in a crowded square between an exclusive hotel on the banks of the Nile and the Egyptian Museum, near a bus station that was relatively empty because of a holiday weekend.

          Remains of a body, covered with newspapers, were seen beneath the bridge a few minutes after the 3:15 p.m. explosion was heard through downtown Cairo. Photos in state media showed the body lying in a pool of blood, its head destroyed in the blast.

          The injured Swede — sitting upright in a stretcher with his bloody hands held to his face — was lifted by paramedics into an ambulance. On a nearby curb, two Westerners checked their wounds; the young woman's left arm was bloodied and the man sitting next to her appeared to have a leg injury. The extent of the other woman's injuries were not immediately clear.

          "The explosion was caused by a very primitive bomb full of nails. Most of the injuries were superficial caused by the destruction of the nails," Health Minister Mohammed Awad Tag Eddin said.

          Soon after the bomb exploded, the two women — dressed in head-to-toe black veils — carried out the shooting attack on a highway leading to the Citadel, a 12th-century fortress with a towering 18th-century mosque, in a part of old Cairo rich with historic sites and cemeteries.

          The women were in car following the bus and fired three bullets through its back window before shooting themselves, the Interior Ministry said. One died immediately and the other died later in a hospital, it said.

          Witnesses, however, said police opened fire on the women. Two other Egyptians were wounded in the shooting, and none of the tourists on the bus was hurt, police said.

          At the site, a pistol and a black glove of the type worn by veiled women lay on the ground that was covered by blood and shattered glass.

          Police had launched a wave of arrests after the Khan el-Khalili bombing, which they initially said was carried out by a man acting alone. Later, however, they said he was part of a cell. At least three suspected cell members were arrested, along with more than 30 other people, most of them relatives of wanted suspects.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Hu-Lien meeting raises hope for cross-Straits relations

           

             
           

          DPRK expects no nuke solution in Bush term

           

             
           

          Presidents Hu, Putin to meet in Moscow

           

             
           

          China, US to enhance military exchanges

           

             
           

          Lien Chan pays nostalgic visit to birthplace

           

             
           

          Insurgents kill 17 Iraqis, US soldier

           

             
            Bomb blast kills one near Cairo's popular Egyptian Museum
             
            Iran says it may defy deal with EU on nuclear suspension
             
            Berlusconi to speak to Bush about death of Italian agent in Iraq
             
            Turkey urges Iraq's neighbours to back new government
             
            North Korea may carry out nuclear test by June - Kyodo
             
            England to plead guilty to prisoner abuse
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: a4yy私人毛片| 久久久精品免费国产四虎| 国产成人无码免费视频麻豆| 91精品久久久久久无码人妻| 天天摸日日添狠狠添婷婷| 天堂av在线一区二区| 亚洲不卡一区三区三区四| 人妻少妇精品视频专区| 亚洲av鲁丝一区二区三区黄| 中文国产人精品久久蜜桃| 午夜DY888国产精品影院| 国产亚洲av手机在线观看| 日韩在线视频一区二区三| 一区二区三区午夜无码视频| 国产内射XXXXX在线| 国产99青青成人A在线| 国产午夜亚洲精品理论片不卡| 国产对白老熟女正在播放| 日本一区二区三区福利视频| 亚洲欧洲一区二区三区久久| 中文字幕人妻无码一区二区三区 | 26uuu另类亚洲欧美日本| 人妻中文字幕精品一页| 网友偷拍视频一区二区三区| 无套内谢少妇毛片aaaa片免费| 国产91色综合久久免费| 熟女一区| 日日碰狠狠躁久久躁96avv| 中国CHINA体内裑精亚洲日本| 国产成人无码a区在线观看导航| 亚洲码与欧洲码区别入口| 日99久9在线 | 免费| 亚洲精品尤物av在线网站| 久久天天躁夜夜躁狠狠820175| 亚洲日本韩国欧美云霸高清| 苍井空毛片精品久久久| 国产精品久久无码不卡黑寡妇| 久久精品国产99久久丝袜| 成人精品一区日本无码网| 婷婷精品国产亚洲av在线观看 | 欧美肥老太wbwbwbb|