<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          UN action on N. Korea would 'destroy' talks
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-04-27 12:08

          China's ambassador to the United Nations said any U.S. effort to get the Security Council to impose sanctions on North Korea over its development of nuclear weapons would ``destroy'' the six-party talks on the issue.

          This is China's first direct response to White House spokesman Scott McClellan's statement on April 18 that raising North Korea's nuclear program with the Security Council was ``certainly'' a possibility.

          The U.S. might seek a resolution allowing interception of shipments of nuclear material to or from North Korea, the New York Times said Tuesday, citing senior officials.

          (L to R) Chairman of the UN Security Council Ambassador Guangya Wang of China, Ambassador Ronaldo Mota Sardenberg of Brazil, Ambassador Juan Gabriel Valdez, the UN's Special Representative to Haiti address the media in Petion-ville, April 16, 2005. [Reuters/file]
          (L to R) Chairman of the UN Security Council Ambassador Guangya Wang of China, Ambassador Ronaldo Mota Sardenberg of Brazil, Ambassador Juan Gabriel Valdez, the UN's Special Representative to Haiti address the media in Petion-ville, April 16, 2005. [Reuters/file]
          ``This would destroy the whole process,'' Chinese Ambassador Wang Guangya told reporters at the UN. ``It would make a solution for this issue even farther away. We are working with the other parties to have the talks resume as soon as possible. I hope others will come to agree with this.''

          North Korea's government has refused to resume the six-party talks since September, saying the U.S. hasn't abandoned its ``hostile policy''. There have been three rounds of talks in Beijing with the U.S., South Korea, China, Japan and Russia aimed at dismantling North Korea's nuclear weapons.

          The nuclear standoff began on October 2002 when North Korea acknowledged it was enriching uranium, a possible bomb ingredient, in violation of a 1994 international agreement. The North's government on Feb. 10 this year said it was withdrawing from the discussions and said it had manufactured nuclear weapons.

          `Declaration of War'

          North Korea, in its first response to McClellan's remarks, said it would regard any sanctions as ``a declaration of war,'' according to the North's Korea Central News Agency.

          ``North Korea has maintained an unwavering attitude toward sanctions, any form of which would be considered an act of aggression,'' said Park Tae Gyun, a professor of Korean Studies at Seoul National University. ``The U.S. and other nations have yet to take it seriously.''

          North Korea may already have 10 nuclear weapons, the Brussels based International Crisis Group estimated in November. Talks since 2003 with North Korean officials, who have previously warned against UN involvement, haven't yielded progress.

          The North's government may conduct a nuclear test by the middle of June, Reuters reported Wednesday, citing a weapons expert.

          Refusing to Return

          The North Korean news agency didn't make a direct reference to what country it would consider a declaration of war as coming from in the event of sanctions.

          ``We are fully ready to cope with everything in a do-or-die spirit and have already prepared all countermeasures against the sanctions,'' the North Korean agency said. The U.S. has consistently said there are no plans to invade North Korea.

          North Korea also called on U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to retract her reference to the nation as an ``outpost of tyranny.''

          ``We can never return to the talks nor can we have any form of dealing with the U.S. unless the ill fame of an `outpost of tyranny' is shaken off,'' the KCNA said.

          Testing Weapons

          North Korea may test a nuclear weapon by June 15, Reuters reported, citing David Kay, a weapons expert who headed the U.S.- led the search for banned arms in Iraq that were never found.

          Kay told the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars he ``unfortunately'' believed that North Korea would test a weapon, Reuters reported. Unidentified U.S. officials told Reuters they couldn't substantiate the date cited by Kay, which is the fifth anniversary of a North and South Korean agreement to work toward unifying the countries.

          ``It won't be easy for North Korea to conduct a nuclear test,'' said Yim Yong Soon, a political science professor at Sungkyunkwan University in Seoul. ``If North Korea conducts a test, it would likely be an underground experiment, which would ruin its water sources.''

          Kay led the Iraq Survey Group to find weapons of mass destruction in the country after the U.S. invasion in 2003. He quit in January 2004 and told the U.S. Congress there was a ``fundamental flaw'' in Western intelligence reports on Iraqi arms. ``It turns out we were all wrong,'' he said at the time.

          Kay is unlikely to be right this time either, Park said.

          Enriching Uranium

          ``I suspect the claims to be largely groundless,'' said Seoul National University's Park. ``The comments were likely made to pressure North Korea and other nations to hold the six-nation talks.''

          South Korea on April 20 said it was ``gravely concerned'' over the shutting down of a North Korean nuclear power plant, saying it may mean the North Korea is reprocessing spent fuel and planning to increase its supply of weapons-grade plutonium.

          U.S. Assistant Secretary of State Christopher Hill speaks to journalists before leaving his hotel in Beijing Wednesday, April 27, 2005.
          U.S. Assistant Secretary of State Christopher Hill speaks to journalists before leaving his hotel in Beijing Wednesday, April 27, 2005. [Reuters]
          ``We have built the nuclear deterrent force with so much effort despite enormous difficulties in order to effectively cope with the arrogant outrageous and brigandish method of the U.S.,'' the North Korean agency said. ``We know what we should do at the decisive moment and will react to the hard-line action of the U.S. with the toughest action.''

          South Korean Foreign Minister Ban Ki Moon, speaking at a seminar Tuesday, warned North Korea against carrying out nuclear tests because they would isolate the state further and ``go on a road that cannot guarantee its future.''

          U.S. Assistant Secretary of State Christopher Hill yesterday said it was ``unacceptable'' for North Korea to stay away from the talks.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Lien Chan vows to follow in Sun's footsteps

           

             
           

          Bush taken to bunker after radar blip

           

             
           

          Legislature: New HK chief to serve 2 years

           

             
           

          Standards may reduce pollutants by 60%

           

             
           

          14 agreements signed in Manila

           

             
           

          WB: China's economy to grow by 8.3%

           

             
            Putin makes historic visit to Israel
             
            Airbus A380 makes historic maiden flight
             
            Thousands protest Israel's Gaza pullout
             
            Qaeda suspect tells Spanish court he was a tourist
             
            Bush taken to bunker after radar blip
             
            Bus-train collision in Sri Lanka kills 35
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 成人拍拍拍无遮挡免费视频| 国产高清一区二区不卡| 青草成人在线视频观看| 国产乱人伦偷精品视频下| 中文字幕日韩有码一区| 久久91综合国产91久久精品 | 青青草无码免费一二三区| 久久久久久亚洲精品不卡| 91中文字幕在线一区| 欧美特黄一免在线观看| 国产精品人妇一区二区三区| 欧美精品一区二区三区中文字幕 | 放荡的少妇2欧美版| 久久99精品久久久久麻豆| 日本高清色WWW在线安全| 亚洲国产精品一区第二页| 国产午夜福利在线视频| 精品一区二区三区不卡| 国产精品亚洲二区在线看| 精品偷拍一区二区视频| 精品国产熟女一区二区三区| 成人性生交片无码免费看| 在线a亚洲v天堂网2018| 做暖暖视频在线看片免费| 中文字幕一区二区三区久久蜜桃 | 国产午精品午夜福利757视频播放 国产午夜A理论毛片 | 无码日韩做暖暖大全免费不卡| 国产影片AV级毛片特别刺激| 婷婷色中文字幕综合在线| 日韩亚洲视频一区二区三区 | 国产一区二区精品福利| 一区二区三区四区黄色片| 少妇和邻居做不戴套视频| 日韩高清福利视频在线观看| 在线观看潮喷失禁大喷水无码| 亚洲无人区码一二三区别| 熟妇无码熟妇毛片| 欧美性猛交xxxx免费看| 精品亚洲AⅤ无码午夜在线| 给我播放片在线观看| 亚洲欧美日韩国产四季一区二区三区|