<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Gaza settlers ready for resistance
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-04-14 09:25

          Jewish settlers in Gaza have collected hundreds of tents and are stockpiling food for thousands of supporters they expect to arrive in coming days to help resist this summer's evacuation.

          Piles of hundreds of tents, sleeping bags and cans of food are seen in a Gaza warehouse Wednesday, and settlers said more is on the way.

          Removal of the 21 settlements from Gaza and four from the West Bank is shaping up as a traumatic social episode in Israel's history.

          There are warnings of opposition, even armed resistance, against thousands of police and soldiers who are to take down veteran settlements in those territories for the first time.

          Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, winding up a visit to the United States, told NBC News earlier this week that the atmosphere around the pullout "looks like the eve of the civil war."

          Gaza settler Datya Yitzhaki is seen outside a warehouse as a pile of tents collected by and her husband is seen inside in the Jewish settlement of Neve Dekalim Wednesday April 13, 2005. Jewish settlers said Wednesday they plan to bring thousands of supporters to the Gaza Strip for the upcoming Passover holiday, and that they have collected hundreds of tents to allow many of the visitors to remain to resist this summer's planned evacuation from the Gaza Strip and four West Bank settlements. (AP Photo/Oded Balilty)
          Gaza settler Datya Yitzhaki is seen outside a warehouse as a pile of tents collected by her and her husband is seen inside in the Jewish settlement of Neve Dekalim Wednesday April 13, 2005. Jewish settlers said Wednesday they plan to bring thousands of supporters to the Gaza Strip for the upcoming Passover holiday, and that they have collected hundreds of tents to allow many of the visitors to remain to resist this summer's planned evacuation from the Gaza Strip and four West Bank settlements. [AP]
          On Wednesday, Sharon told CNN he favored leaving the buildings in the settlements intact after the pullout but that depended on coordination with the Palestinians, which had not started yet.

          Palestinian Foreign Minister Nasser Al Kidwa complained to CNN that Israel had not given the Palestinians information about the buildings, adding "there should be no reward for any of the assets, because they were established illegally."

          Settlers expect huge crowds to gather in Gaza to show solidarity during the weeklong Jewish holiday of Passover this month — and organizers are preparing for many of them to stay and oppose the evacuation, set for July.

          The army says it has no intention of stopping the influx, even though the presence of thousands of protesters would further complicate the operation. There are plans to close the area in the weeks before the pullout.

          Settler spokesman Eran Sternberg said organizers hope to bring 100,000 supporters to Gush Katif, the main Gaza settlement bloc, for Passover. He said police have issued permits for the gatherings, including concerts and marches.

          Preparing for the friendly invasion, Gaza settler activist Datya Yitzhaki said she and her husband Arye have set up a "war room." An inspection of the warehouse showed hundreds of tents, parachute material and piles of canned food.

          Arye Yitzhaki said the plan is to "pitch a tent in every backyard in Gush Katif." They said they expected hundreds of families and youths to stay in Gaza after the holiday.

          An Israeli boy stands in a watchtower overlooking the Jewish settlement of Morag in the southern Gaza Strip Wednesday April 13, 2005. Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon has offered to leave homes in the Gaza strip settlements intact if the Palestinians cooperate with Israel during the Gaza pullout this summer. Israel had initially planned to raise all 21 Gaza Strip settlements and four more in the West Bank to the ground after evacuating some 9,000 settlers from their homes under Sharon's disengagement plan. (AP Photo/Oded Balilty)
          An Israeli boy stands in a watchtower overlooking the Jewish settlement of Morag in the southern Gaza Strip Wednesday April 13, 2005. Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon has offered to leave homes in the Gaza strip settlements intact if the Palestinians cooperate with Israel during the Gaza pullout this summer.[AP]
          Datya Yitzhaki said more equipment was to arrive next week, including generators and refrigerators.

          To accommodate the reinforcements, Gaza residents are refurbishing abandoned buildings, shacks and barracks.

          Official settler leaders have expressed their opposition to the evacuation in the strongest possible terms, even employing comparison with the Nazi Holocaust, when 6 million Jews were killed.

          While the leaders say their resistance will be nonviolent, security officials have been warning that extremists among the settlers or their backers might open fire on troops and police, try to assassinate Sharon or attack a Muslim holy site in bids to stop the pullout.

          Talking to U.S. newspaper editors, Sharon offered to leave homes in the Gaza strip settlements intact if the Palestinians cooperate with Israel during the pullout. Israel had initially planned to destroy all the emptied settlements.

          Israel's Housing Ministry is preparing to offer temporary housing to the evacuated Gaza and West Bank settlers. Kobi Bleich, ministry spokesman, said the ministry plans to install 500 mobile homes and rent 600 apartments in the southern Negev Desert region for the settlers.

          The settlers will be able to live rent-free in the temporary housing for 18 months, Bleich said. Infrastructure work for the mobile homes is to begin next week, and evacuees will have the option of building permanent housing on those sites, he added.

          In the West Bank village of Tsurif near Hebron on Wednesday, dozens of Palestinians surrounded an overturned Israeli army jeep and threw stones at trapped soldiers who fired tear gas, rubber bullets and live rounds, witnesses and the military said. Five Palestinians were hurt, including two by shots to the legs and one who was in serious condition after being hit in the head by a tear gas canister, doctors said. Two soldiers were hurt by rocks, the army said.

          Meanwhile, Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas continued removing officials associated with his predecessor, Yasser Arafat. Palestinian officials said Abbas has appointed Ramzy Khoury, Arafat's top aide, to a minor PLO post.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Lien's visit poised to improve cross-Strait exchanges

           

             
           

          FM: Japan's drilling plan 'serious' provocation

           

             
           

          Wrongly jailed man freed after 11 years

           

             
           

          Cabinet thumbs up for economic policy

           

             
           

          Farmers' income up; urban-rural gap widens

           

             
           

          China's stocks regulator ready to act

           

             
            Lebanon PM quits, says still time for elections
             
            Bush: Diplomacy with Iran is best
             
            Kidnapped American in Iraq pleads for his life
             
            Roadside explosion kills 12 Iraqi police
             
            Thousands evacuated as Indonesia volcano rumbles
             
            No aid to North Korea until nuclear crisis ends: Roh
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Israel to transfer Gaza settlements intact
             
          Gaza settlers agree to meet with Sharon
             
          Israeli parliament bars Gaza referendum
             
          Sharon overcomes key hurdle to Gaza pullout
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲欧美综合人成在线| 人妻丝袜无码专区视频网站| 最新可播放男同志69gay| 芒果乱码一线二线三线新区| 99福利一区二区视频| av永久免费网站在线观看| 一区二区三区四区精品黄| 成人av一区二区三区| 精品无码国产不卡在线观看| 国产免费踩踏调教视频| 2020最新国产精品视频| 一区二区三区国产不卡| 国产香蕉在线视频| 婷婷久久香蕉五月综合加勒比| 亚洲乱码日产精品m| 国产精品一区二区三区三级 | 成年人尤物视频在线观看| 中文字幕有码无码AV| 亚洲精品国产综合麻豆久久99 | 国产小嫩模无套中出| 91久久亚洲综合精品成人| 婷婷六月色| 国产大尺度一区二区视频| 国产jlzzjlzz视频免费看| 久久久国产成人一区二区| 视频日本一区二区三区| 99精品热在线在线观看视| 亚洲啪AV永久无码精品放毛片| 亚洲精品一区二区毛豆| 男人的天堂无码动漫av| 亚洲色大成网站www看下面| 99久久国产综合精品女同| 国产亚洲精品第一综合| 狠狠人妻久久久久久综合九色| 男人天堂亚洲天堂女人天堂| 国产成人AV性色在线影院| 国产成人久久综合一区| 成年女人免费碰碰视频| 人人妻人人做人人爽| 久久精品亚洲国产成人av| 无码中文字幕av免费放|