<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          All Syrian forces to leave Lebanon by April 30
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-04-04 08:31

          Syria has promised to withdraw all its forces from Lebanon by April 30 and will let a United Nations team verify the pullout, a U.N. envoy said Sunday.

          Damascus ordered the withdrawal, demanded by a U.N. Security Council resolution seven months ago, after coming under intense international pressure over the Feb. 14 assassination of a Lebanese former prime minister, Rafik al-Hariri.

          The U.N. envoy, Terje Roed-Larsen, said Syrian Foreign Minister Farouq al-Shara had told him "all Syrian troops, military assets and the intelligence apparatus will have been withdrawn fully and completely ... by April 30, 2005."

          Syrian troops withdraw toward the Syrian border with Lebanon in al-Masnaa point in eastern Lebanon in Bekaa valley April 3, 2005. Syria will withdraw all its troops and intelligence agents from Lebanon by April 30, U.N. envoy Terje Roed-Larsen said on Sunday. (Afif Diab/Reuters)
          Syrian troops withdraw toward the Syrian border with Lebanon in al-Masnaa point in eastern Lebanon in Bekaa valley April 3, 2005. Syria will withdraw all its troops and intelligence agents from Lebanon by April 30, U.N. envoy Terje Roed-Larsen said on Sunday.[Reuters]
          Roed-Larsen was speaking at a joint news conference with Shara after talks with President Bashar al-Assad in Damascus.

          "Syria has agreed that subject to the acceptance of the Lebanese authorities a U.N. verification team will be dispatched to verify the (full withdrawal)," said Roed-Larsen. A Syrian source said the team would report to the U.N. envoy.

          Lebanese opposition figures hailed the announcement, which fulfilled one of their key demands.

          Syria first sent troops to Lebanon in 1976, early in its 1975-90 civil war, but in recent years had reduced numbers to about 14,000 from a peak of 40,000.

          U.N. Resolution 1559, sponsored by the United States and France, demanded the departure of all foreign forces, the disbanding of all Lebanese militias and respect for Lebanon's political independence.

          "Syria by its full withdrawal from Lebanon would have implemented its part of resolution 1559," Shara said.

          The declared timetable means all Syrian forces will have left before Lebanon holds parliamentary elections. The polls were due to have taken place in May, but might be pushed back because of political turmoil since Hariri's killing.

          "POSITIVE IMPETUS"

          Lebanese opposition leaders have accused Syria or the Lebanese security agencies that it backs of responsibility for Hariri's death. Damascus denies any involvement.

          "The declaration... is a decisive positive development in the Lebanese crisis," opposition member of parliament Nassib Lahoud said. "We hope that it opens a new chapter in the Lebanese-Syrian relations marked by the highest level of cooperation between two independent states."

          Large opposition protests in recent weeks in Beirut have demanded the end of Syria's role in Lebanon.

          "I do hope that the agreement and understandings we've reached today in Damascus will give a positive impetus into Lebanon in the sense that elections will take place speedily and ... these elections should be free and fair," said Roed-Larsen.

          Shara voiced support for the elections, which he said should be held "at the time agreed among the Lebanese."

          Last month Assad announced plans for a two-phase troop withdrawal from Lebanon within the framework of the 1990 Taif Accord which ended the Lebanese civil war.

          The first stage, under which all Syrian forces pulled back to the eastern Bekaa Valley and some crossed the border, was completed last month. More have left since then.

          Roed-Larsen said he was informed Syria had withdrawn 4,000 troops and closed its security offices in Beirut.

          Dozens of Syrian military trucks and some tanks on transporters rolled out of Lebanon Sunday, witnesses said.

          They said troops had evacuated seven positions in and round the village of Anjar close to the border. But the Syrian intelligence headquarters in the village and a large army base in an ancient castle were still manned by Syrian personnel.

          A Lebanese-Syrian military committee met in Beirut and Damascus in the past few days to agree on the withdrawal timetable and Lebanese army chief General Michel Suleiman met Assad in Damascus Saturday.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Kuwait seeks to strengthen oil ties with China

           

             
           

          Pope dies from heart and kidney failure

           

             
           

          Gov't urges increased mine safety spending

           

             
           

          Ma Ying-jeou seeks rule over Nationalist Party

           

             
           

          Vice-governor gets 12 years for taking bribes

           

             
           

          Stock market should not be fools'game

           

             
            Iraqis tap Sunni for parliament speaker
             
            World gets first glimpse of Pope's body
             
            Ousted Kyrgyz leader resigns: Interfax
             
            Three truckers killed in Afghanistan
             
            OPEC considering 500,000 bpd output hike
             
            Terri Schiavo cremated amid family feud
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Anti-terrorism campaign should start with Israel: Syrian paper
             
          Syria pulls 2,000 more troops from Lebanon
             
          Spain arrests Syrian man in train bomb probe
             
          Syria withdraws up to 6,000 troops from Lebanon
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 无码一区二区三区av免费| 日韩淫片毛片视频免费看| 亚洲色在线v中文字幕| 国产又爽又黄又爽又刺激| 久久久这里只有免费精品| 草草浮力影院| 国产十八禁在线观看免费| 精品久久精品久久精品久久| 日韩一区二区三区三级| 一区二区丝袜美腿视频| 十八女人毛片a级毛片水真多| 深夜福利啪啪片| 国产亚洲精品在天天在线麻豆| 久久亚洲精品情侣| 四虎在线播放亚洲成人| 少妇被黑人到高潮喷出白浆| 在线观看中文字幕国产码| 免费视频好湿好紧好大好爽| av激情亚洲男人的天堂| 大地资源中文在线观看西瓜| 久久人人妻人人爽人人爽| 久久99九九精品久久久久蜜桃| 天堂www在线资源天堂在线| 国产成人高清亚洲一区91| 国产精品香港三级国产av| 精品国产乱码久久久人妻| 毛片免费观看天天干天天爽| 国产视频一区二区三区四区视频 | 亚洲精品尤物av在线网站| 亚洲性线免费观看视频成熟| 不卡国产一区二区三区| 精品国产品香蕉在线| 熟妇人妻中文字幕| 国产精品自拍午夜福利| 亚洲中文超碰中文字幕| 久久婷婷五月综合97色直播| 最近的最新的中文字幕视频 | 久久婷婷综合色一区二区| 中文字幕日韩精品亚洲一区| 白白色发布永久免费观看视频| 国产主播精品福利午夜二区|