<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Indonesia death toll revised to 400-500
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-03-31 17:33

          Aid workers rushed food to quake-stricken Nias island and tried to restore running water Thursday, while rescuers continued to pull survivors from the rubble of the region's latest earthquake. The government lowered its estimated death toll to between 400 and 500.

          Survivors living under tarpaulins since Monday night's 8.7-magnitude quake said they were going hungry, but in signs of hope, rescuers pulled a 13-year-old girl alive from a collapsed five-story building, and a baby girl was born in a makeshift hospital.

          Motorcycles climb a severely damaged road, Thursday, March 31, 2005, in Gunung Sitoli on Nias Island, Indonesia. U.N. aid agencies are rushing to assist survivors of Monday's earthquake, which killed up to 1,000 people and left survivors short of food, petrol and fresh water. (AP Photo/Suzanne Plunkett)
          Motorcycles climb a severely damaged road, Thursday, March 31, 2005, in Gunung Sitoli on Nias Island, Indonesia. U.N. aid agencies are rushing to assist survivors of Monday's earthquake, which killed up to 1,000 people and left survivors short of food, petrol and fresh water. [AP]
          Indonesia's president visited the remote island, which bore the brunt of the earthquake in the same Indian Ocean region where an even-larger quake three months earlier triggered Asia's tsunami catastrophe.

          Gunung Sitoli remained without power and running water Thursday, as islanders and rescuers frantically searched through destroyed buildings for survivors, bodies and belongings as aftershocks continued to rattle the area.

          Under a tarpaulin on the grounds of a mosque, Yusman Gule had no water to mix with his meager dried food, so he fed 6-year-old daughter Yumni with just the powder. She lost an ear, broke an arm and badly squashed her fingers in the quake but still managed to smile.

          "Don't leave us here to die," the father said. "It's difficult to find food. All we can do is beg."

          Later Thursday, a crowd of hungry and angry islanders mobbed Social Affairs Minister Bachtiar Chamsyah, demanding food. "You have been working so slowly," a woman yelled in images shown on Metro TV. "We haven't had any food since the quake."

          Chamsyah pleaded for patience, saying food would arrive later in the day.

          "The problem is distribution. We admit the distribution has been slow," he said later. "We can understand that people are dissatisfied, but thanks be to God the situation is getting better."

          The baby girl born Thursday in Nias was delivered at an emergency hospital in a school staffed by Indonesians and Singaporeans.

          Indonesian workers dug for five hours before pulling a 13-year-old girl from rubble where she had been trapped for 52 hours. She was unhurt apart from some scratches on her foot.

          Red Cross official Herri Ansyah said the search for survivors would continue for several days, as it did after the Dec. 26 quake and tsunami. "In Banda Aceh, people were found alive after six days," he said.

          The government said so far 279 bodies had been buried and the final toll would likely be between 400 and 500 across the disaster zone. Earlier in the week, the vice president predicted the toll could reach 2,000, and North Sumatra's governor had estimated that 1,000 died.

          U.S. State Department spokesman Adam Ereli said U.S. naval ships and medical ships were steaming toward the battered islands.

          Monday's quake struck under the sea off the west coast of Indonesia's Sumatra island. December's 9.0-magnitude quake that triggered the tsunami struck further northwest along the Sumatra coast.

          The latest earthquake did not produce a tsunami, but villagers close to its epicenter said it did unleash damaging waves.

          In Singkil, a town of about 5,000 on the western coast of Sumatra island, a wave up to 6 feet high powered inland up to 200 yards, residents said Thursday, washing away several houses and inundating the port area. It was unclear whether the wave was a tsunami or an unusual tidal surge.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Paper-making giant probed for illegal logging

           

             
           

          KMT, CPC parties open historic dialogue

           

             
           

          Chemical tanker crashes, killing 27

           

             
           

          China to curb surging investment

           

             
           

          China lifts 50-year ban on student marriages

           

             
           

          Beijing court hears wrangle on Viagra patent

           

             
            Abbas orders crackdown after attack
             
            Lebanonese PM stalls on resignation
             
            Reporters visit underground Iran nuclear plant
             
            Earthquake reported off Indonesia island
             
            U.S. court again rejects Schiavo appeal
             
            Pope being fed through nasal tube
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Earthquake reported off Indonesia island
             
          Lack of machinery hampers rescue on Indonesian islands
             
          Indonesia quake death toll rises to 1,000
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 熟女系列丰满熟妇AV| 久草国产视频| 国产免费不卡av在线播放| 国产三级精品三级色噜噜| 麻豆天美东精91厂制片| 偷窥国产亚洲免费视频| 国产激情综合在线看| 中文字幕人妻有码久视频| 亚洲精品天堂成人片AV在线播放| 久久不见久久见免费影院| 亚洲一品道一区二区三区| 国产日韩久久免费影院| 国产第一区二区三区精品| 野花社区www视频日本| 精品伊人久久久大香线蕉欧美| 日本中文一区二区三区亚洲| 中文字幕国产精品专区| 我的漂亮老师2中文字幕版| 国产不卡精品视频男人的天堂| 香港日本三级亚洲三级| 久久精品这里只有国产中文精品| 久久久久四虎精品免费入口| 久久久久久久一线毛片| 亚洲欧洲无码AV电影在线观看| 亚洲综合一区二区三区不卡| 欧美视频网站www色| 国产成人精品一区二区秒拍1o| 免费无码成人AV片在线| 亚洲av成人无码网站| 国产午夜91福利一区二区| 亚洲国产片一区二区三区 | 伊人久久大香线蕉av五月天| 日韩人妻系列无码专区| 亚洲精品乱码久久久久久自慰| 开心一区二区三区激情| 色老二导航| 中文字幕成人精品久久不卡| 亚洲AV午夜成人无码电影| 丰满人妻无码∧v区视频| 最新精品国偷自产在线| 午夜福利国产一区二区三区|