<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Pressure mounts on North Korea for nuclear talks
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-03-24 09:40

          US President Bush urged North Korea to return to six-party negotiations on its nuclear program "for the sake of peace and tranquility," adding to pressure on Pyongyang from China to rejoin the talks.

          Bush was speaking at a news conference on Wednesday after US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice returned from a tour of Asia during which she said Washington could not wait forever for Pyongyang to return to the talks.

          Nevertheless, Bush denied setting a June deadline for the resumption of the talks and said the five nations that have been negotiating with Pyongyang -- the United States, China, Japan, South Korea and Russia -- were united in seeking North Korea's return to the negotiating table.

          "I'm a patient person. And so are a lot of people that are involved in this issue. But the leader of North Korea must understand that when we five nations speak, we mean what we say," Bush said.

          "There is a way forward, I repeat, for Kim Jong-il. And it's his choice to make. We've made our choice. China has made its choice. The other countries have made their choices," Bush said.

          "And for the sake of peace and tranquility and stability in the Far East, Kim Jong-il must listen," he said.

          China, which hosted three inconclusive rounds of the talks last year, also upped the pressure when North Korean premier Pak Pong-ju met Chinese President Hu Jintao in Beijing on Wednesday.

          "It is in our common interests to stick to a nuclear weapon- free Korean Peninsula, resolve DPRK's rational concerns, and maintain peace and stability on the peninsula," Hu said, according to a report from state news agency Xinhua.

          DPRK is short for the North's official name, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

          MAKE GOOD

          Pak passed on a letter from North Korean leader Kim to the Chinese president, who was also likely to have pressed Pak to make good on comments that the North also supports the talks.

          On Tuesday, Pak told Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao the North had not abandoned the process.

          "The Korean side does not oppose the six-party talks, nor has it given up on the talks. If conditions are mature, the North Korean side is prepared to join the six-party talks at any time," Chinese TV quoted him as saying.

          While Pak's China itinerary is peppered with factory tours and he was to leave for the financial capital, Shanghai, on Wednesday.

          Rice urged Beijing on Monday, shortly before returning home, to do all that it can to bring the North back to the discussions.

          "To sum up what Secretary of State Rice told the Chinese, the United States cannot wait for more than a year from the previous round of talks," a diplomatic source said in Tokyo.

          "Obviously, one of the options that the United States has in mind beyond that is to refer the matter to the U.N. Security Council," the source added.

          But Chinese President Hu hinted it was too early to go to the United Nations.

          "Dialogue is the only correct choice for peacefully resolving the nuclear issue on the Korean Peninsula," Xinhua quoted him as saying.

          In Tokyo, Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi made similar remarks -- although he would not rule out the U.N. option entirely.

          "I believe North Korea will return to the six-party talks ... We need not refer it to the U.N. Security Council now," he told reporters on Wednesday.

          He said, however, that it would be an option to bring the case to the international body if Pyongyang refused to return to the six-party talks for too long.

          North Korea has demanded that the United States apologize for labeling Pyongyang "an outpost of tyranny" and end its "hostile policy" before resuming negotiations.

          Last month, North Korea declared for the first time it had nuclear weapons, saying it needed them to counter what it called hostile American policies.

          On Monday, Pyongyang said it had increased its nuclear arsenal. The statement was issued just as Rice concluded her whirlwind Asia tour and said other means would have to be considered if the North continued to avoid talks -- her strongest hint yet the United States might resort to sanctions.

          Chinese officials have suggested Washington engage in direct talks with Pyongyang, meeting a key North Korean demand. Washington rejects that, saying the two sides can talk with each other within the six-party format.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          'Three-good' student system under revision

           

             
           

          Japan's bid for UNSC seat opposed

           

             
           

          Beijing unveils security plan for Olympics

           

             
           

          Hu: Nation willing to restart nuke talks

           

             
           

          EU official calls China embargo 'unfair'

           

             
           

          Watchdog investigates baby oil fears

           

             
            Pressure mounts on North Korea for nuclear talks
             
            Arab leaders relaunch peace offer
             
            At least 14 dead in US refinery blast
             
            UK troops set to stay in Iraq until 2006
             
            Annan's son faces fresh allegations in UN scandal
             
            Sharon overcomes key hurdle to Gaza pullout
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          North Korea says it added to nuclear arsenal
             
          South Korea, US kick off military drill
             
          N.Korea says to develop more nuke weapons
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 麻豆麻豆麻豆麻豆麻豆麻豆| 国内精品极品久久免费看| 国产成人免费午夜在线观看| 国产精品国产高清国产专区| 7878成人国产在线观看| 久久久久人妻精品一区三寸| 综合图区亚洲欧美另类图片| ā片在线观看免费观看| 亚洲不卡一区二区在线看| 久久久久久久久久久久中文字幕| 国产精品亚洲mnbav网站| 无码一区二区三区中文字幕 | 高清国产美女av一区二区| 亚洲大尺度一区二区三区| 极品蜜臀黄色在线观看| 97精品尹人久久大香线蕉| 亚洲国产精品嫩草影院久久| 欧美成人免费| 亚洲欧美国产日韩天堂区| 人妻夜夜爽天天天爽欧美色院| 国产一区一一区高清不卡| 挺进朋友人妻雪白的身体韩国电影 | 性欧美video高清| 潮喷无码正在播放| 精品国产色情一区二区三区| 久久亚洲精品成人综合网| 国产中文三级全黄| 精品久久精品午夜精品久久| 久久精品国产亚洲夜色AV网站| ā片在线观看免费观看| 久久免费观看归女高潮特黄| 性欧美暴力猛交69hd| 成人无号精品一区二区三区| 亚洲日韩精品无码一区二区三区 | 天堂V亚洲国产V第一次| 人妻另类 专区 欧美 制服| 秋霞在线观看秋| 久久精品国产福利一区二区| 国产一区二区三区亚洲精品| 日韩av一区二区精品不卡| 亚洲中文日韩一区二区三区|