<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Russia razes site of Maskhadov's killing
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-03-15 10:29

          Russian authorities said Monday they blew up the house where Chechen rebel leader Aslan Maskhadov was killed last week because they feared booby traps, but critics questioned the motive.

          Col.-Gen. Arkady Yedelev, chief of the federal headquarters for the campaign in Chechnya, said demolition experts inspecting the bunker had discovered and detonated a box that contained documents and was ridden with explosives.

          A general view of what is left of the house, where rebel leader Aslan Maskhadov was killed last week in Tolstoy-Yurt, a village in the northern sector of Chechnya (news - web sites), Monday, March 14, 2005. Authorities have blown up the house where rebel leader Aslan Maskhadov was killed last week in a special operation, witnesses and officials said Monday. It was unclear whether the explosion Sunday was meant as punishment for the family that allegedly gave him shelter, a safety precaution or an attempt to cover up sensitive evidence. (AP Photo/Musa Sadulayev)
          A general view of what is left of the house, where rebel leader Aslan Maskhadov was killed last week in Tolstoy-Yurt, a village in the northern sector of Chechnya
          , Monday, March 14, 2005. Authorities have blown up the house where rebel leader Aslan Maskhadov was killed last week in a special operation, witnesses and officials said Monday.[AP]
          "The team of investigators decided to blow up the entire house to avoid such surprises in the future," Yedelev said in a statement.

          Rights activists and government critics, however, suggested the blast could have been meant as punishment for the family that allegedly sheltered the rebel leader or an attempt to cover up sensitive evidence.

          Russian authorities said Maskhadov, 53, was killed during an operation by its forces last Tuesday in a basement bunker where he had been hiding, although accounts of how he died have varied.

          Yakha Yusupova, who lived in the house with her family, denied the rebel leader had been there and said she suspected Russian forces may have brought him on Tuesday.

          Anna Politkovskaya, a prominent Russian columnist and an expert on Chechnya, said the destruction of the house apparently was intended to destroy any evidence that could cast doubt on official accounts of the killing.

          "There is nothing left now to question the official version of events," Politkovskaya said in an interview.

          Alexander Petrov of Human Rights Watch's Moscow office said federal authorities in the past had blown up houses in Chechnya that belonged to militants who participated in terror attacks. The practice has drawn strong criticism from international rights groups, he said.

          "If the authorities blew up the house to punish the house owners, it's a bad move," Petrov said.

          Meanwhile, Russian human rights activists joined Maskhadov's family in calling on authorities to return his body for burial.

          "Refusing to hand over the body to the relatives of the deceased is a shame," representatives of three groups said in a statement cited by the Interfax news agency.

          They also criticized security services for killing Maskhadov instead of capturing him.

          "Considering the technical equipment special forces have, Maskhadov could have been captured alive and could have stood trial," they said.

          Maskhadov led the separatist forces in Chechnya that fought the Russian army to standstill in 1996, then was elected president of the republic when the Russians withdrew.

          The Kremlin consistently blamed Maskhadov for involvement in terrorist attacks, such as the Beslan school siege in September in which more than 330 people died, half of them children, and a hostage seizure at a Moscow theater in 2002 that killed 129 people. Maskhadov denied any involvement.

          His death leaves the separatist insurgency largely in the hands of Shamil Basayev.

          Also Monday, militants fired grenades at a military commandant's office in the Chechen capital, Grozny, wounding eight, said Sergei Kozhemyaka, a spokesman for the regional branch of Russia's Emergency Situations Ministry.

          The Interfax-Military News Agency cited unnamed Chechen law enforcement officials as saying the shooting resulted from careless handling of a grenade-launcher by a Russian serviceman. Twelve servicemen, one policeman, and two civilians were injured, it said.

          The varying accounts of the incident underlined the fractious nature of law enforcement in Chechnya, where responsibility — and blame — is divided among numerous, often rival Chechen and federal agencies.

          In neighboring Dagestan on Monday, authorities killed two militants and captured two others who had holed up in a house in the village of Nuradilovo, the regional Interior Ministry said. The 7-year-old daughter of the house's owner was killed and two officers were wounded, the ministry said.

          Federal forces and police fought with two militants in another private house, in the city of Khasavyurt, Dagestani Interior Ministry spokesman Abdul Musayev said.

          Flames and smoke poured from the house after a heavy exchange of fire, and Interfax reported the militants tried to escape. Late at night, Musayev said the operation was continuing, and it was unclear whether the militants had been killed, escaped or were still in the house.

          Russian forces pulled out of Chechnya after a 20-month war in 1994-1996. They returned in September 1999 after Chechnya-based rebels raided a neighboring province and after a series of apartment building explosions blamed on the militants.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          National People's Congress enacts historic law for peace

           

             
           

          Anti-Secession Law adopted by NPC (full text)

           

             
           

          Olympic torch expected to run through Taiwan

           

             
           

          Wen addresses press conference (full text)

           

             
           

          German gets compensated for fake paintings

           

             
           

          Tighter rein on law enforcement demanded

           

             
            Kurds, Shiites push ahead on Iraq government
             
            Israel agrees to start delayed West Bank pullback
             
            Former US president Clinton leaves hospital
             
            Saudi urges 2% rise in oil output
             
            Iran says may set deadline for nuclear talks
             
            Opposition launches protest in Beirut
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Chechen rebel says Russia has lost control
             
          Chechen leader says peace talks "inevitable"
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 狠狠躁夜夜躁人人爽天天bl| 久久亚洲AV成人无码电影| 欧美亚洲综合成人a∨在线| 国产亚洲AV电影院之毛片| 99中文字幕精品国产| 中文字幕人妻中文AV不卡专区| 99热这里只有精品5| 日韩成人福利视频在线观看| 国产永久免费高清在线| 国产成人亚洲综合无码精品| 手机无码人妻一区二区三区免费| 最新亚洲人成网站在线影院| 国产精品免费中文字幕| 国产精成A品人V在线播放| 亚洲欧美日韩愉拍自拍美利坚| 4虎四虎永久在线精品免费| 亚洲av日韩av永久无码电影| 国产成人高清亚洲综合| 国产精品资源在线观看网站| 国产亚洲精品第一综合麻豆| 乱人伦无码中文视频在线| 亚洲日韩精品制服丝袜AV| 精品国产久一区二区三区| 窝窝午夜色视频国产精品破| 夜夜爽夜夜叫夜夜高潮漏水| 亚洲国产成人午夜在线一区| 日本免费精品| 日韩在线视频线观看一区| 久久久久成人片免费观看蜜芽| 国产偷国产偷亚洲欧美高清| 国产偷自一区二区三区在线| 中文字幕 欧美日韩| 欧美交A欧美精品喷水| 国产精品十八禁在线观看| 久久综合亚洲鲁鲁九月天| 国产初高中生粉嫩无套第一次| 亚洲精品国产综合久久一线| 精品人妻久久久久久888| 亚洲人精品午夜射精日韩| 亚洲av日韩av一区久久| 欧产日产国产精品精品|