<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Italy PM disputes US version of hostage shooting
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-03-10 16:53

          ROME - Disputing Washington's version of events, Italy's premier said that an Italian intelligence agent who was shot to death by U.S. troops in Baghdad had informed the proper authorities that he was heading to the airport with a freed hostage.

          Italian Premier Silvio Berlusconi, center standing, delivers his address at a session in the Senate on the release in Iraq of Italian journalist Giuliana Sgrena and the death of intelligence agent Nicola Calipari, in Rome Wednesday March 9, 2005. [AP]
          Italian Premier Silvio Berlusconi, center standing, delivers his address at a session in the Senate on the release in Iraq of Italian journalist Giuliana Sgrena and the death of intelligence agent Nicola Calipari, in Rome Wednesday March 9, 2005. [AP]
          Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi also told lawmakers that the car carrying agent Nicola Calipari and a just-liberated hostage was traveling slowly and stopped immediately when a light was flashed at a checkpoint, before U.S. troops fired on the car.

          Though the U.S. and Italian versions of what happened Friday do not match up, "I'm sure that in a very short time every aspect of this will be clarified," Berlusconi said.

          The idea that Calipari was killed by friendly fire is painful to accept, the premier said. But he reassured lawmakers: "The United States has no intention of evading the truth."

          Berlusconi is a staunch supporter of US President Bush and the U.S.-led campaign and has been struggling to balance his decision to keep 3,000 troops in Iraq against heavy anti-war sentiment in Italy.

          The premier said Calipari had notified an Italian liaison officer, waiting at the Baghdad airport along with an American officer, that he was on his way with the freed hostage, journalist Giuliana Sgrena.

          However, the top U.S. general in Iraq has said he had no indication that Italian officials gave advance notice of the route the Italians' car was taking. In a statement released after the shooting, the U.S. Army's 3rd Infantry Division, which controls Baghdad, said the vehicle was speeding and refused to stop.


          Italian President Carlo Azeglio Ciampi (L) greets freed hostage Giuliana Sgrena at Rome's military hospital on March 7.[AFP]
          The statement also said a U.S. patrol tried to warn a driver with hand and arm signals, by flashing white lights and firing shots in front of the car.

          Berlusconi's 20-minute address did not mention whether ransom was paid to win Sgrena's release. Some Italian officials have suggested a ransom was paid, but there has been no official confirmation. Foreign Minister Gianfranco Fini denied Wednesday that ransoms were paid for any Italian hostages.

          "There has been no payment," he said, speaking during a talk show on RAI1 state television.

          Berlusconi once again urged Italians in Iraq to leave.

          "When Italian citizens have been victims of kidnappings, the government has always acted by following two directives: It has always rejected political blackmail while at the same time activating all the political, diplomatic and intelligence channels to obtain the release of our nationals," Berlusconi said.

          Calipari was shot and killed as he headed to Baghdad's airport after securing the release of Sgrena, who had been kidnapped on Feb. 4. Sgrena and another intelligence officer in the vehicle were wounded.

          "The case of friendly fire is certainly the most painful to bear. It feels like an injustice beyond any sentiment. It's something unreasonable," Berlusconi said.

          Photos aired by RAI, state TV's main evening news program, showed the light gray Toyota Corolla that Calipari and Sgrena were riding in, which is still in Iraq in the hands of the U.S. military.

          The body of the car appeared to have little or no damage on its left side and front, including the lights. A few bullet holes are visible on the right side — near the wheel and the front door.

          Inside, the seats appear to be covered in glass, although the photos of the interior are grainy. A bullet hole also is evident in the back seat on the left side, where Sgrena reportedly was sitting.

          U.S. officials have said American troops fired at the car's engine to stop it.

          Berlusconi's address was well received and lawmakers followed it with a standing ovation in Calipari's honor.

          The office of Italian President Carlo Azeglio Ciampi said Wednesday that Bush had sent him a letter renewing a promise for a swift and thorough investigation.

          In it, Bush called the shooting a "terrible tragedy" and expressed his solidarity, Ciampi's office said.

          The U.S.-led coalition in Iraq announced Tuesday it was ordering an investigation into the shooting, to be led by a U.S. brigadier general with Italian officials' participation. Berlusconi said he expected the joint commission to release its findings in three to four weeks.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Italy PM disputes US version of hostage shooting

           

             
           

          China to reform procedures for death penalty

           

             
           

          Lenovo wins US nod to buy IBM PC

           

             
           

          Corrupt officials seized and punished

           

             
           

          People's congress prepared to 'fulfil history'

           

             
           

          41 corpses found in Iraq; blast kills four

           

             
            Rice to make Asia trip, talking about N. Korea
             
            27 children die after eating cassava at Philippine school
             
            Pro-Syria PM set to return, seek unity
             
            Israel, Palestinians dispute handover
             
            Gorbachev warns Putin of possible unrest
             
            41 corpses found in Iraq; blast kills four
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Italy honors dead agent, awaits US move
             
          Wounded Italian journalist returns home
             
          Italy seeks US answers over Iraq shootout
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 中文字幕国产精品自拍| 麻豆精品一区二区三区蜜臀| 国产亚洲天堂另类综合| 日本伊人色综合网| 精品视频在线观看免费观看| 亚洲理论电影在线观看| 偷拍久久大胆的黄片视频| 婷婷色综合成人成人网小说| 亚洲综合伊人久久大杳蕉| 久久99国产精一区二区三区! | 中文字幕网红自拍偷拍视频| 国产婷婷精品av在线| 国产91丝袜在线播放动漫| 影音先锋女人AA鲁色资源| 国产区二区三区在线观看| 亚洲欧洲日产国码AV天堂偷窥| 日韩激情无码av一区二区| 亚洲偷自拍国综合| 成人无码www免费视频| 精品久久精品久久精品久久| 日本免费观看mv免费版视频网站| 日韩在线视频一区二区三| 4hu四虎永久在线观看| 国产精品流白浆在线观看| 亚洲WWW永久成人网站| 亚洲精品无码久久久久去q| 国产福利在线观看免费第一福利 | 虎白女粉嫩尤物福利视频| 无码三级中文字幕在线观看| 亚洲av鲁丝一区二区三区黄| 免费无码又爽又刺激一高潮| 开心五月深深爱天天天操| 亚洲老女人区一区二视频| 国产激情一区二区三区在线| free性欧美videos| 亚洲高清av一区二区| 久久精品波多野结衣| 国产国产成人精品久久蜜| 9丨精品国产高清自在线看| 日日摸夜夜添夜夜添国产三级| 青草青草久热精品视频在线播放|