<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          U.N.: Women, children among Congo militias
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-03-06 21:56

          Women and children, some as young as 8, are fighting with militia forces that have attacked villages in eastern Congo and killed dozens while forcing more than 70,000 people to flee their homes, a U.N. spokesman said Saturday. 

          Kemal Saiki, the U.N. spokesman, described classic guerrilla warfare tactics.

          "During the day these women could be at home grinding manioc, and two hours later have a machete or AK-47 blowing you away," said Saiki.


          UN troops stand guard at the displacement camp of Tche around 40 kilometers (25 miles) from the town of Bunia, Democratic Republic of Congo on Saturday, March 5, 2005. [AP]

          Peacekeepers killed as many as 60 fighters last week after being fired upon near the village of Loga, some 20 miles north of Bunia, and villagers claim women and children were among those killed. Human rights groups were investigating those claims.

          The militias, also suspected of killing nine U.N. peacekeepers in northeastern Congo, have taken thousands of people hostage to use as sex slaves, said Saiki. Last week's fighting marked the largest number of militia forces killed by peacekeepers during their six-year Congo mission.

          The United Nations  insists that peacekeepers only fired on combatants who were shooting at them.

          "The U.N. is not trigger-happy," said Saiki.

          The conflict in the eastern Congo province of Ituri is a bloody sideshow to the country's five-year, six-nation war that killed nearly 4 million people, according to aid groups. The war ended in 2002, but the subsequent transitional government has struggled to extend its authority to the east.

          Villagers in Che, about 40 miles north of Bunia, said that children and women were among their attackers in a separate raid last month, where 18 people were killed and hundreds of homes burned.

          "Men, women and even small children, from as young as 8 years, had weapons and were fighting," said Augusta Ngone, who now lives in a swarming camp for displaced people, with 15,000 other residents who fled attacks in the area.

          For years, Lendu militia in the region have targeted members of their rival Hema tribe. Fighting between Lendu and Hema militia has killed more than 50,000 people since 1999, U.N. officials and aid groups say. Dozens have died in raids since December, prompting the United Nations to send peacekeepers to several areas in the region to provide security. More than 70,000 people are now living in temporary camps in the area, the United Nations said.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          FM calls for US, N.Korea flexibility in nuclear talks

           

             
           

          Wen lowers 2005 economic growth target

           

             
           

          Hu's vision for cross-Straits ties hailed

           

             
           

          Agricultural tax to be scrapped from 2006

           

             
           

          Dollar decline won't lead to forex sale

           

             
           

          Liu Xiang wants more time and privacy

           

             
            Powell Sees No Need to Use Military Against Iran
             
            Bush plays down Canada's missile defense decision
             
            Palestinians seize weapons in new crackdown
             
            Italy demands answers on hostage shooting
             
            Abbas urges Israeli hand over of West Bank
             
            Pakistan kills two Al Qaeda suspects, arrests 11
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 在线天堂最新版资源| 337p粉嫩大胆色噜噜噜| 抽搐一进一出gif免费动态 | 国产卡一卡二卡三免费入口| 亚洲av一般男女在线| 亚洲无人区码一二三四区| 麻花传媒免费网站在线观看| 最近的中文字幕免费完整版| 男人的天堂av社区在线| 丁香婷婷综合激情五月色| 4虎四虎永久在线精品免费| 一区二区三区鲁丝不卡| 少女たちよ在线观看| 日本东京热一区二区三区| 91热在线精品国产一区| 国产精品国产亚洲看不卡| 亚洲精品乱码久久久久久蜜桃不卡| 亚洲国产欧美日韩另类| 亚洲精品一区二区天堂| 2021久久精品国产99国产| 亚洲区一区二区三区亚洲| 亚洲深深色噜噜狠狠网站| 亚洲av与日韩av在线| 果冻传媒董小宛视频| 一级有乳奶水毛片免费| 中文字幕有码高清日韩| 女人扒开屁股桶爽30分钟高潮| 亚州av第二区国产精品| 亚洲婷婷综合色高清在线| 亚洲色av天天天天天天| 色综合中文综合网| 婷婷久久综合九色综合88| 国产一区日韩二区三区| 久久国产精品久久精| 婷婷五月综合丁香在线| 夜夜爽夜夜叫夜夜高潮| 亚洲经典av一区二区| 怡春院久久国语视频免费| 亚洲精品视频免费| 美乳丰满人妻无码视频| 欧美精品videosex极品|