<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Abbas urges Israeli hand over of West Bank
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-03-06 01:45

          RAMALLAH, West Bank - Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas said Saturday he cannot impose law and order in the Palestinian areas until Israel hands over control of West Bank cities, and he urged it to return to talks concerning their transfer.

          Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas waves to reporters during a news conference with the Japanese special envoy to the Middle East, Tatsu Arima, in the West Bank city of Ramallah March 5, 2005. [Reuters]
          Israel had promised to hand over five cities following a Feb. 8 cease-fire declaration but suspended talks after a Palestinian suicide bomber killed five Israelis at a Tel Aviv night club last weekend.

          "We have no control on the ground," Abbas told a news conference in Ramallah.

          But Israeli officials said there would be no more talks until the Palestinians find those behind the Tel Aviv bombing, and they accused Abbas of dragging his feet. Islamic Jihad leaders claimed responsibility for the Feb. 25 bombing.

          Abbas, Palestinians officials said, will go to Washington within the next 10 days to meet President Bush, making him the first Palestinian leader to visit the U.S. capital since the outbreak of Palestinian-Israeli violence in September 2000. The United States refused to deal with Abbas's predecessor, Yasser Arafat, accusing him of fomenting violence.

          No exact date has been set for the visit, the official said on condition of anonymity. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice invited Abbas and Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon to Washington during her visit to the region last month.

          In a positive sign that efforts to make peace are alive, Jordan's foreign minister will visit Israel later Saturday for the first time since the Palestinian uprising started, Palestinian officials said.

          Hani al-Mulqi's trip follows the recent return of his country's ambassador to Israel and an apparent improvement in Jordanian-Israeli relations since the Feb. 8 summit in Egypt, where the Palestinian and Israeli leaders pledged to end violence.

          Al-Mulqi is expected to meet Abbas in the West Bank city of Ramallah before holding talks with Israeli counterpart Silvan Shalom in Tel Aviv, the Palestinian officials said on condition of anonymity. Al-Mulqi is expected to raise Jordan's position on borders, the holy city of Jerusalem and water resources.

          Abbas, who has been under pressure from Israel and the United States to crack down on militants, said Palestinian forces would only be effective once Israeli troops leave West Bank cities.

          "Nobody can say we hold responsibility for the situation because we do not have a presence in the cities," he said.

          Abbas has been trying to persuade armed men to disarm, resisting calls from Israel and the international community for a crackdown. But many of the militants, who have become virtual rulers of the Palestinian cities during the last four years of violence, are reluctant to give up their power.

          The militant groups have undermined recent attempts by Abbas to impose control, twice firing on Palestinian officials and police officers. On Friday, five Palestinians were wounded when militants opened fire on a Palestinian police station in Nablus, the West Bank's largest city, after police apparently beat one of their members.

          Earlier this week, tensions between the Palestinian Authority and the Al Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, a larger militant group linked to Abbas' Fatah Party, descended into gunfire in the nearby town of Jenin.

          Abbas said the two sides must move ahead with transferring control of the cities.

          "The Israelis have stopped the talks and we call on them to resume the dialogue as soon as possible," Abbas said.

          Israeli officials said Abbas must find the bombing conspirators before talks resume.

          "We are waiting to hear the results of the (Palestinian) investigation into the bombing that came from the very same city they want us to hand over," said Sharon spokesman Assaf Shariv.

          The bomber came from a village near Tulkarem, one of the first places slated for transfer.

          "We are waiting to see what he (Abbas) will do, so far it is not a lot," Shariv said.

          Abbas said the Palestinians continued to investigate the attack "despite the fact it was orchestrated from places which we have no responsibility" for.

          Islamic Jihad leaders claimed responsibility for the Tel Aviv bombing but blamed the attack on a local rogue cell working on orders from the Lebanese guerrilla group Hezbollah and not from Islamic Jihad leaders in the Palestinian areas. Israel and the United States said the bombing was planned in Syria.

          Abbas said he had no information linking Syria to the attack.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          FM calls for US, N.Korea flexibility in nuclear talks

           

             
           

          Wen lowers 2005 economic growth target

           

             
           

          Hu's vision for cross-Straits ties hailed

           

             
           

          Agricultural tax to be scrapped from 2006

           

             
           

          Dollar decline won't lead to forex sale

           

             
           

          Liu Xiang wants more time and privacy

           

             
            Powell Sees No Need to Use Military Against Iran
             
            Bush plays down Canada's missile defense decision
             
            Palestinians seize weapons in new crackdown
             
            Italy demands answers on hostage shooting
             
            Abbas urges Israeli hand over of West Bank
             
            Wounded Italian journalist returns home
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Fatah legislators approve new Palestinian cabinet
             
          Sharon, Abbas declare ceasefire at summit
             
          Israel to weigh pre-summit gestures for Abbas
             
          Abbas accepts invitation to visit Iran
             
          Sharon sees chance for 'historic breakthrough'
             
          Israel resuming talks with Palestinians
             
          Sharon revives ties with Abbas, officials meet
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 久99久热这里只有精品| 国产普通话刺激视频在线播放| 伊人久久大香线蕉av五月天| 国产永久免费高清在线观看| 亚洲av无码一区二区三区人| 伊人成色综合人夜夜久久| 夜夜添狠狠添高潮出水| 99在线小视频| 国产69精品久久久久久妇女迅雷| 色偷偷人人澡人人爽人人模| 国产小受被做到哭咬床单GV| 免费在线成人网| 办公室强奷漂亮少妇同事| 国产一区二区精品网站看黄| 国产最大的福利精品自拍| 在线精品亚洲一区二区绿巨人| gogogo高清在线播放免费观看免费| 日韩人妻无码精品久久| 亚洲精品乱码在线观看| 日韩区中文字幕在线观看| 亚洲影院丰满少妇中文字幕无码| julia中文字幕久久亚洲| 国产99青青成人A在线| 亚洲中文字幕人妻系列| 乱码中文字幕| 国产午夜福利视频合集| 99热在线只有精品| 亚洲国产欧美一区二区好看电影| 亚洲va欧美va国产综合| 人妻精品动漫H无码中字| 天堂а√在线地址在线| 九九热在线这里只有精品| 亚洲色图欧美激情| 国产一区二区三区四区激情| 一级毛片网| 中国xxxx真实偷拍| 中文字幕第一页国产精品| 55大东北熟女啪啪嗷嗷叫| 视频一区视频二区中文字幕 | 一级做a爰片在线播放| 亚洲色大成网站www在线|