<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Syria poised to announce Lebanon pullback
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-03-05 21:35

          BEIRUT - Under intense global pressure, Syria was poised to announce Saturday that it would start to pull troops out of Lebanon, but the move looked unlikely to placate the United States or other vocal critics.

          Lebanese political sources said Syrian President Bashar al-Assad would tell parliament some troops were leaving its neighbor completely and others would redeploy closer to the border.

          They have been there since intervening in Lebanon's civil war in the 1970s but criticism has mounted since a former Lebanese prime minister was assassinated last month.

          President Bush warned nothing short of a full withdrawal would do.

          "When we say withdraw we mean complete withdrawal -- no half-hearted measures," he said Friday. "Syrian troops, Syrian intelligence services must get out of Lebanon now."

          He earlier called for all Syrian forces to be out by May to clear the way for elections due that month to be free.

          Lebanese newspapers were dominated by what Bush said and what Assad might say. Most commentators agreed that Syria had no choice but to start a pullout from Lebanon.

          "Withdrawing is the only way out of the dark tunnel," commentator Rafik Khouri wrote in the Al-Anwar daily. "It is the only door toward restoring ties between the two countries to their brotherly nature and end international pressure on Syria.

          "Everyone is waiting to listen to what President Bashar al-Assad will declare," Khouri wrote.

          Abdel Rahim Mrad, defense minister in the Syrian-backed Lebanese government which resigned Monday amid anti-Syrian street protests, said the move would adhere to the Taif Accord which ended Lebanon's 1975-90 civil war.

          "Syria will redeploy its forces in line with Taif," he said.

          SYRIA BLAMED

          Many Lebanese blame former Prime Minister Rafik al-Hariri's assassination on Syria, which denied involvement in the Beirut bombing.

          A stun grenade was hurled at a Syrian post in the eastern town of Baalbek Friday night without causing any casualties. The Taif agreement stipulates Syrian forces be redeployed to the eastern Bekaa valley, close to Syria, and then that Lebanon and Syria would agree on how long these forces stay.

          Syria has carried out five redeployments since 2000, pulling some forces to the Bekaa and some back to Syria, but has maintained forces in and around Beirut and in northern Lebanon.

          It has viewed Lebanon as a strategic asset and key economic outlet for decades. Nationalists in Damascus have traditionally seen Lebanon as a rightful part of Syria sliced off by French-British colonial machinations.

          The Saudis have also pressed Assad to withdraw swiftly. "Saudi Arabia does not want to see another Iraq in Syria," one Saudi official said.

          But while most pressure from Arab leaders has been veiled, Western governments have become increasingly blunt.

          U.S. officials said the West wanted to act quickly, perhaps with sanctions and a tougher U.N. resolution, if Syria dragged its feet. A U.S.-backed resolution in September had already called for a withdrawal.

          British Foreign Minister Jack Straw said that unless the Syrians pulled out "they will be treated as a pariah not just by the West but by most of their Arab neighbors."

          He ruled out a military attack on Syria.

          Lebanese opposition figures cautiously welcomed the expected withdrawal, calling it a step in the right direction, but said like Bush they hoped the pullback would include the Syrian intelligence services active in Lebanon.

          Hundreds of demonstrators have kept up daily protests in central Beirut against Syrian influen#e.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Wen: China's economy to grow 8% in 2005

           

             
           

          President Hu sets forth guidelines on Taiwan

           

             
           

          Premier Wen pledges more help for the poor

           

             
           

          Rise of China's defence spending "modest"

           

             
           

          Law only targets handful of secessionists

           

             
           

          Wounded Italian journalist returns home

           

             
            Syria poised to announce Lebanon pullback
             
            Wounded Italian journalist returns home
             
            U.S. used banned weapons in Fallujah – Health ministry
             
            Death toll in Asian tsunami disaster at 273,000
             
            Greenspan comes under unprecedented political fire
             
            Italy seeks US answers over Iraq shootout
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 日本高清www无色夜在线视频| 99久久免费精品国产色| 樱花草视频www日本韩国| 性高朝久久久久久久久久| 亚洲av日韩av综合在线观看| 中文人成影院| 国产精品一区二区三区专区| 高中女无套中出17p| 国产精品v欧美精品∨日韩| 亚洲精品天天影视综合网| 综合亚洲色图| 国产成人高清精品亚洲| 成人无码AV一区二区| 国产精品一品二区三四区| 久久亚洲中文字幕精品有坂深雪 | 丰满少妇在线观看网站| 隔壁老王国产在线精品| 三年高清在线观看全集下载| 综合偷自拍亚洲乱中文字幕| 手机在线观看av片| 亚洲老妇女一区二区三区| 网友自拍人妻一区二区三区三州| 中文字幕va一区二区三区| 福利无遮挡喷水高潮| 国产 麻豆 日韩 欧美 久久| 99久久国产综合精品女图图等你| 伊人久久婷婷综合五月97色| 日韩一区在线中文字幕| 亚洲伊人成综合网2222| 日韩精品一区二区高清视频| 亚洲午夜福利网在线观看| 国产老肥熟一区二区三区| 国产乱码精品一区二区三| 午夜在线欧美蜜桃| 亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区| 亚洲国产成人久久77| 中文字幕亚洲高清在线一区| 丝袜a∨在线一区二区三区不卡| 亚洲偷自拍国综合| 欧洲精品不卡1卡2卡三卡| 二区三区亚洲精品国产|