<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Wounded Italian journalist returns home
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-03-05 21:21

          BAGHDAD, Iraq - An Italian journalist wounded by gunfire from U.S. troops shortly after being freed as a hostage in Iraq returned to her homeland Saturday looking haggard and worn. She expressed sadness for the intelligence agent killed trying to shield her from the bullets.

          Freed Italian journalist Giuliana Sgrena, top, left, is carried of an aircraft at Ciampino military airport, in Rome, Saturday, March 5, 2005. [Reuters]
          President Bush expressed regret and promised to investigate the incident, which happened at a checkpoint in Baghdad. The military said U.S. soldiers, not knowing the car was carrying journalist Giuliana Sgrena, fired after it failed to slow down.

          But Bush's phone call late Friday to Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi did little to assuage anger In Italy, which has been holding its breath over Sgrena's fate for weeks. The shooting was likely to set off fresh protests against Berlusconi for keeping 3,000 troops in Iraq despite strong opposition.

          "Another victim of an absurd war," said Alfonso Pecoraro Scanio, leader of the Green Party. A communist senator called for a protest Saturday in front of the U.S. Consulate in Milan.

          Sgrena left Iraq after she was discharged from an American military hospital in Baghdad where she had been treated for shrapnel in the shoulder. Berlusconi was among those who greeted her in Rome, where she had to be helped off a small, private jet. She was placed in an ambulance and was expected to undergo surgery on her collarbone.

          Sgrena told colleagues at the leftist newspaper Il Manifesto that her captors never treated her badly, the Italian news agency ANSA reported.

          Her brother, Ivan Sgrena, told reporters she was very happy to be back in Italy, but was "very sorry and sad" about the death of intelligence officer Nicola Calipari, who had negotiated her release.

          "She's been tested, but she's alive. Finally, we've gotten to see her," said the journalist's father, Franco Sgrena.

          Her arrival in Rome came as the Iraqi Shiite spiritual leader Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani called on bickering members of the United Iraqi Alliance to cast aside their differences and form a government. Leaders of the clergy-backed alliance met in central Baghdad to discuss a way out of Iraq's growing political impasse.

          Haggling over Cabinet posts following the Jan. 30 elections and Kurdish demands for more territory have so prevented the 275-member National Assembly from convening.

          Sgrena, 56, was abducted Feb. 4 by gunmen who blocked her car outside Baghdad University. Last month, she was shown in a video pleading for her life and demanding that all foreign troops — including Italian forces — leave Iraq.

          Friday evening's shooting occurred shortly after her release, the circumstance of which remain unclear.

          The U.S. military said the car was speeding as it approached a coalition checkpoint. It said soldiers shot into the engine block only after trying to warn the driver to stop by "hand and arm signals, flashing white lights, and firing warning shots."

          The Americans said two people were wounded, but Berlusconi said three were — Sgrena, Calipari and another intelligence officer.

          The shooting came as a blow to Berlusconi, who continues to face huge protests over his support for the Iraq war and his refusal to withdraw Italian troops. Sgrena's newspaper was a loud opponent of the war.

          In Baghdad, the Iraqi Journalists Union condemned the shooting and said it would mourn the death of Calipari. It planned a protest for next week.

          Insurgents have repeatedly attacked checkpoints, and soldiers have often fired on cars that don't obey commands to stop or slow down. Iraqis have reported numerous incidents where confusion at checkpoints has led to the killing of innocent civilians.

          Political leaders in the Shiite-dominated alliance met in Baghdad to find ways of convening the assembly. At least half the leaders want it to convene Sunday.

          The meeting came after two of its members dropped out because they grew tired of the delays. The two were Ali Hashim al-Youshaa and Abdul-Karim Mahmoud al-Mohammedawi, who heads the Iraqi political group Hezbollah.

          In the holy city of Najaf, one of the alliance's few Sunni members, Sheik Fawaz al-Jarba, met with al-Sistani.

          Al-Sistani, he said, asked him to inform the alliance "to unite and to form the new government as soon as possible and not to delay this issue any longer, and that the interests of Iraq and Iraqis should be their first priority."

          The two biggest blocks in the assembly are the alliance, with 140 seats, and a Kurdish coalition with 75 seats. They have for weeks been unable to reach a deal because of Kurdish demands that their control in the north be extended to oil-rich Kirkuk.

          Also Friday, four U.S. troops were killed west of the capital in sprawling Anbar province, where American forces launched a sweep two weeks ago to root out insurgents, the military said. The four were assigned to the 1st Marine Expeditionary Force.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Wen: China's economy to grow 8% in 2005

           

             
           

          President Hu sets forth guidelines on Taiwan

           

             
           

          Premier Wen pledges more help for the poor

           

             
           

          Rise of China's defence spending "modest"

           

             
           

          Law only targets handful of secessionists

           

             
           

          Wounded Italian journalist returns home

           

             
            Wounded Italian journalist returns home
             
            U.S. used banned weapons in Fallujah – Health ministry
             
            Death toll in Asian tsunami disaster at 273,000
             
            Greenspan comes under unprecedented political fire
             
            Italy seeks US answers over Iraq shootout
             
            Images show Iran heavy-water plant nearly done
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Italy seeks US answers over Iraq shootout
             
          French hostage in Iraq pleads for help
             
          French hostage in Iraq pleads for help
             
          3 hostages freed by rebels enter Jordan
             
          Indonesian journalists freed in Iraq: Sunni leaders
             
          Kidnapped Italian reporter shown on tape
             
          US forces storm Iraqi house, free Egyptians
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲欧美人成人让影院| 国产美女自卫慰黄网站| 人妻无码熟妇乱又伦精品视频 | 亚洲国模精品一区二区| 在线无码国产精品亚洲а∨| 亚洲精品一区二区五月天| 精品 无码 国产观看| 精品国产亚洲区久久露脸| 久久精品一本到99热免费| 久久精品蜜芽亚洲国产av| 国产成人AV一区二区三区在线| 成人啪啪高潮不断观看| 最近中文字幕日韩有码 | 亚洲AⅤ精品一区二区三区| 亚洲一区在线成人av| 国产丝袜啪啪| 不卡一区二区三区视频播放| 久久se精品一区二区三区| 国产精品三级黄色小视频| 2021av在线| 最近中文国语字幕在线播放| 精品人妻av综合一区二区| 99中文字幕国产精品| 亚洲av永久无码精品成人| 成人爽A毛片在线视频淮北| 欧美孕妇变态重口另类| 最新精品国偷自产在线 | 色吊丝av中文字幕| 欧美牲交a欧美牲交aⅴ一| 日韩精品人妻黄色一级片| 黄又色又污又爽又高潮 | 美日韩精品综合一区二区| 精品免费看国产一区二区| 久久天堂无码av网站| freechinese麻豆| 国产成人亚洲综合91精品| 美乳丰满人妻无码视频| 又大又硬又爽免费视频| 夜夜添狠狠添高潮出水| 国产一区二区精品久久岳| 欧美视频专区一二在线观看|