<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          Syrian leader expected to redeploy troops
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-03-04 21:23

          BEIRUT, Lebanon - Syrian President Bashar Assad will address his country's parliament on Saturday and was expected to announce a redeployment of troops to eastern Lebanon, near the Syrian border, a Lebanese politician said Friday.

          The speech to the People's Assembly had not been previously scheduled and comes as Damascus is under intense pressure from Arab nations and the international community to withdraw its 15,000 troops from Lebanon. But the pullback to positions near the Syrian border appeared to fall short of the total withdrawal demanded by the United States and key Arab countries.

          US President Bush said Syria must pull all of its troops out of Lebanon by May so that it can have free elections. Earlier this week Bush demanded that Syria withdraw but he didn't specify a timeframe.

          Bush told the paper there was no threat of military action.

          Assad will outline "a mechanism for the practical implementation of the Taif Accord," the 1989 agreement that called for a pullback to the border and eventual withdrawal, a former Lebanese cabinet minister told The Associated Press on Friday.

          "It will be a Syrian withdrawal according to the Taif agreement — a redeployment to the Bekaa (Valley) region" of eastern Lebanon, said the former minister, who has close ties to Syrian and other Arab governments. He spoke on condition of anonymity.

          Assad will seek to reassure the Lebanese, the Syrians and other Arabs and "take steps in coordination with the Lebanese government," he said.

          The official Syrian news agency said only that Assad's address will "deal with current political developments."

          Syria announced last week that it is committed to a pullout in line with the Taif Accord but has not announced a timeframe for beginning the redeployment. Arab leaders, impatient with the delays, have been increasingly pressing Damascus to withdraw completely and do it fast.

          Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah told Assad in talks Thursday that his country wants Syria to start soon on a complete pullout from Lebanon and Saudi leaders warned the Syrian leader that, if not, their relations will suffer, a Saudi offical said on condition of anonymity. Assad replied only that he would consider a partial withdrawal in the coming weeks, the official said.

          Syria's official news agency SANA on Friday dismissed the Saudi official's account of the meeting, saying it lacked credibility.

          "The failure to mention the name of the Saudi official points to a lack of credibility of the report's content," SANA said. It noted an official Saudi statement saying the talks were "constructive and fruitful" and that the two countries discussed ways to expand bilateral cooperation. SANA also said late Thursday that "points of view were identical" in the talks.

          British Foreign Secretary Jack Straw also ruled out any Western military action against Syria but said there had been informal discussions in the United Nations Security Council about deploying peacekeeping forces in Lebanon to cover the withdrawal of Syrian troops.

          "There are already some U.N. peacekeeping forces in the south of Lebanon. It is possible that as part of a phased withdrawal from the Lebanon by Syria — it would have to be swift, but obviously phased so you don't leave a mess — there could be some more peacekeeping troops," Straw said in an interview with British Broadcasting Corp. radio.

          "I mean, that has been talked about but in an informal, not a formal, way" in the Security Council, Straw said.

          Pressure on Syria to withdraw its troops has increased since the Feb. 14 assassination of former Prime Minister Rafik Hariri, a killing that plunged Lebanon into political turmoil and brought Syria widespread condemnation.

          Assad was reportedly pressed by Saudi Arabia to begin the withdrawal or face deeper isolation when he visited Riyadh on Thursday, but SANA dismissed the report that also said Assad might try for a partial withdrawal before an Arab summit scheduled for later this month.

          Syria has so far resisted Arab pressure to withdraw, saying in behind-the-scenes diplomacy in recent days that it wants to keep 3,000 troops and early-warning stations in Lebanon, according to an Arab diplomat in Cairo, Egypt. The Syrian army already operates radar stations in Dahr el-Baidar, on mountain tops bordering Syria. Israeli warplanes have attacked the sites in the past.

          Damascus keeps 15,000 troops in Lebanon. Domestic calls in Lebanon — thousands of people have demonstrated in recent days in Beirut against Syria and forced the pro-Syrian Lebanese government to step down — and international demands led by Bush, France's Jacques Chirac and even Russia, Syria's close friend, for Syria to leave Lebanon have dramatically increased.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          President Hu sets forth guidelines on Taiwan

           

             
           

          Anti-secession law not war mobilization order

           

             
           

          Birth defects on rise after checks loosened

           

             
           

          Jiang requests to resign from remaining post

           

             
           

          China experiences rising school dropout rate

           

             
           

          China lashes out at US human rights violations

           

             
            Syrian leader expected to redeploy troops
             
            Bush edges toward Europe on Iran nuclear crisis
             
            Arab leaders urge Syria to leave Lebanon
             
            Bush reassures CIA employees about agency
             
            IAEA calls on North Korea to return to talks
             
            Bangladesh, India exchange gunfire along borders
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          Anti-terrorism campaign should start with Israel: Syrian paper
             
          Arab leaders urge Syria to leave Lebanon
             
          Russia, Germany demand Syria quit Lebanon
             
          U.S. official: Iran, Syria 'against all of us'
             
          Syria might pull army from Lebanon in months
             
          U.S.: Terrorists in Syria bombed Tel Aviv
             
          Lebanon govt. quits, pressure mounts on Syria
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 亚洲国产日韩欧美一区二区三区 | 天堂网av最新在线| 色吊丝免费av一区二区| 亚洲区1区3区4区中文字幕码| 秋霞在线观看片无码免费不卡| 精品久久一线二线三线区| 国产三级精品三级在线观看 | 国产日韩精品中文字幕| 国产一区二区在线视频播放| 亚洲国产免费图区在线视频| 一区二区三区四区五区自拍| 久热这里只有精品视频六| 久久综合干| 性欧美乱熟妇xxxx白浆| 国产特级毛片AAAAAA视频| 欧美国产日本高清不卡| 久久月本道色综合久久| 人妻丰满熟妞av无码区| 国内精品自线在拍| 国产亚洲一二三区精品 | 精品亚洲无人区一区二区| 伊人精品成人久久综合97| 精品无码午夜福利理论片| 伊人色综合九久久天天蜜桃| 亚洲av成人在线一区| 50岁人妻丰满熟妇αv无码区| 国产伦精区二区三区视频| 午夜福利影院不卡影院| 色欲综合久久中文字幕网| 自拍日韩亚洲一区在线| 午夜福利影院不卡影院| 最近中文字幕mv免费视频| 亚洲色婷婷一区二区| 免费无码又爽又刺激高潮的app| 熟妇人妻无乱码中文字幕真矢织江| 91热在线精品国产一区| 亚洲AV无码一二区三区在线播放| 最新精品露脸国产在线| 4hu四虎永久在线观看| 国产福利微视频一区二区| 久久久这里只有精品10|