<tt id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"><pre id="6hsgl"></pre></pre></tt>
          <nav id="6hsgl"><th id="6hsgl"></th></nav>
          国产免费网站看v片元遮挡,一亚洲一区二区中文字幕,波多野结衣一区二区免费视频,天天色综网,久久综合给合久久狠狠狠,男人的天堂av一二三区,午夜福利看片在线观看,亚洲中文字幕在线无码一区二区
            Home>News Center>World
                   
           

          2 British soldiers guilty of Iraq abuse
          (Agencies)
          Updated: 2005-02-24 09:14

          A military jury convicted two British servicemen Wednesday of involvement in abusing Iraqi civilians after a monthlong court-martial that raised comparisons to abuse by U.S. forces at Abu Ghraib prison.

          The panel of seven senior officers found Lance Cpl. Mark Cooley, 25, and Cpl. Daniel Kenyon, 33, guilty at the proceeding held at a British base in Germany.

          A third defendant, Lance Cpl. Darren Larkin, 30, already pleaded guilty. Sentencing for all three defendants was set for Friday.

          The charges related to the abuse of Iraqi civilians suspected of looting a humanitarian aid warehouse guarded by the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers outside the southern city of Basra in May 2003, two months after the U.S.-led war began.

          Photos of the abuse provoked dismay in Britain after being published in newspapers, leading to comparisons with the scandal over the humiliation of Iraqi prisoners by U.S. soldiers at the Abu Ghraib prison west of Baghdad.

          "Everyone finds those photographs shocking and appalling and there are simply no other words to describe them," British Prime Minister Tony Blair said.

          Kenyon was convicted of aiding and abetting the beating of a detainee and failing to report an incident in which a bound detainee was hoisted on a forklift. He also was convicted of failing to report that other soldiers forced two stripped Iraqi men to simulate oral sex.

          Kenyon faces up two years in prison.

          Cooley was convicted of hoisting the man on the forklift and simulating punching a detainee. He also faces up to two years in prison.

          Both men, who had pleaded not guilty, stared straight ahead as the verdict was read by the jury foreman, Brig. John Deverell.

          Larkin pleaded guilty at the start of the trial to one count of battery, acknowledging he was the man shown in a photo standing with both feet on a tied-up Iraqi lying on the ground. He faces up to six months in prison.

          A fourth soldier, Fusilier Gary Bartlam, who took the photos, was sentenced to 18 months following a separate trial in January.

          Kenyon was acquitted of aiding and abetting other soldiers who made two male detainees strip and simulate sex. Cooley was acquitted earlier of simulating a kick at a detainee.

          Charges against Larkin of forcing two detainees to strip and against Kenyon for aiding and abetting him were dropped earlier in the trial.

          Defense attorneys argued that the men were following orders from their commanding officer and had unclear guidance on how to handle common criminals as the army shifted from a combat to a policing role.

          The camp commander, Maj. Dan Taylor, testified during the trial that he had directed that detained looters be made to "work hard" — an order that prosecutors conceded was illegal. But that did not excuse the abuse, they said. Taylor was not charged.

          Bartlam, 20, pleaded guilty to three charges — aiding and abetting Cooley during the forklift incident and taking photos of the naked Iraqis simulating sex on two occasions. Four more serious assault charges were dropped.

          Details of his case could only be reported Wednesday after Judge Michael Hunter lifted restrictions imposed for the duration of the Osnabrueck trial.

          Britain's Ministry of Defense declined to comment on the trial before sentencing.



           
            Today's Top News     Top World News
           

          Vice-governor loses job for coal mine accident

           

             
           

          Bidding starts on high-speed railway

           

             
           

          New rules regulate petitioning

           

             
           

          Chirac calls on EU to lift arms embargo

           

             
           

          Thousands protest Bush visit to Germany

           

             
           

          Khatami to Bush: Iran allows no meddling

           

             
            Thousands protest Bush visit to Germany
             
            Khatami to Bush: Iran allows no meddling
             
            Chirac calls on EU to lift arms embargo
             
            Infant improving after removing second head
             
            Avalanches kill 225 people in Kashmir
             
            Pakistan warns U.S. against Patriot sale to India
             
           
            Go to Another Section  
           
           
            Story Tools  
             
            Related Stories  
             
          US army documents detail probes into new alleged prisoner abuse
             
          Britain rocked by pictures of apparent Iraq abuse
             
          Graner convicted in Iraqi prisoner abuse
            News Talk  
            Are the Republicans exploiting the memory of 9/11?  
          Advertisement
                   
          主站蜘蛛池模板: 久久精品国产99亚洲精品| 亚洲欧美人成网站在线观看看| 老色鬼在线精品视频| 伊人久久大香线蕉网av| 亚洲精品成人网久久久久久| 夜夜摸日日摸视频| 年轻女教师hd中字| 成人午夜伦理在线观看| AV无码国产在线看岛国岛| 97人人模人人爽人人喊电影| 一区二区三区四区激情视频| 国产在线精品福利91香蕉| 国产精品疯狂输出jk草莓视频| 亚洲欧美中文字幕5发布| 日韩精品高清自在线| 国产精品妇女一区二区三区| 四虎成人精品无码| 国产精品男女爽免费视频| 99中文字幕精品国产| 久久香蕉欧美精品| 国产精品亚洲片夜色在线| 亚洲国产性夜夜综合| 好姑娘高清影视在线观看| 饥渴老熟妇乱子伦视频| 日韩高清视频 一区二区| 亚洲aⅴ男人的天堂在线观看 | 俺去啦网站| 一区二区丝袜美腿视频| 国产成人MV视频在线观看 | 在线一区二区中文字幕| 成人免费电影网站| 国产精品十八禁一区二区| 久久人妻系列无码一区| 日韩av一区二区三区不卡| 亚洲色最新高清AV网站| 色综合天天综合网中文伊| 亚洲乱理伦片在线观看中字| 在线a人片免费观看| 亚洲精品久久7777777国产| 91久久偷偷做嫩草影院免费看| 久久精品国产久精国产|